The Slavia Prague Thread : Czech champions - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 420 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2004, 00:22 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Olomouc
The Slavia Prague Thread : Czech champions

"Czech first division side Slavia Prague has reportedly averted the threat of a mass player exodus by meeting an ultimatum for backdated pay.

The club's players had threatened to walk out due to unpaid salaries.

But according to the Czech news agency CTK, it emerged on Friday that Slavia's owners, the British firm ENIC, had injected more money into the club to enable the players' demands to be met."

http://servihoo.com/channels/kinews/...&CategoryID=48

Wow, Slavia Praha are certainly in a mess right now. It is no wonder they aren't challenging for the title.

Football in the Czech Republic and Macedonia

http://www.moravianfootball.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 420 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:05
Rising Star

New Brazilian player signed by Slavia

Apparently Slavia Praha signed a player called George William Raimundo, supposedly ex-União Barbarense and born in 1982.

Does any of you know his position?

Thanks.
post #3 of 420 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 21:33
Rising Star

Nobody knows?

post #4 of 420 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2005, 00:46
Rising Star

I found these Czech texts about him:

Quote:
Raimundo wzmocni Slavię Praga
30.09.2005 17:59
23-letni brazylijski napastnik George William Raimundo wzmocni pierwszoligowy zespół ligi czeskiej Slavię Praga. Dotychczas grał w zespole Uniao Barbarense.

- Mierzący dwa metry Raimundo zapowiada się na piłkarza wielkiego formatu, a stylem gry przypomina Jana Kollera - powiedział menedżer Slavii Lubomir Pucek.

Quote:
Roční smlouvu podepsal se Slavií třiadvacetiletý brazilský útočník George William Raimundo, který přichází z klubu Uniao Barbarense.

Can anyone translate them for me.
post #5 of 420 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2005, 01:26
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
I think it goes something like this:

23 year old Brazilian attacker George William Raimundo has joined Czech First Division team Slavia Prague.Before he played for Uniao Barbarense.

Being 2 metars tall Raimundo commands with his height,while his style of play resembles the style of play of Jan Koller - said Slavia's manager Lubomir Pucek.

The guy that signed for Slavia is 23 year old Brazilian George William Raimundo,who came to the club from Uniao Barbarense.
post #6 of 420 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2005, 03:31
Rising Star

Thank you very much!

I guess what you said is really correct.
post #7 of 420 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2005, 04:34
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLF
Thank you very much!

I guess what you said is really correct.
Your welcome.

Most probably,since Czech is a Slavic language,and the text wasn't that hard to translate.
post #8 of 420 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2005, 23:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Prague´s derby Slavia - Sparta 4:1

Although Slavia was one goal down and wasn´t able to score even from penalty spot, they grabbed all the three points and demolished Sparta after six long years. Attendance: 15000

Link to video from the game http://www.slavia.cz/download/Sparta.wmv
post #9 of 420 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2005, 14:31
International

Teams: Parma, Bohemians, Cracovia
That was an awesome match! I was enjoying every single second of it. Brilliant performance by Slavia.

NO AL CALCIO MODERNO
post #10 of 420 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2005, 20:54
Rising Star

Teams: Sparta Praha
From the other side of the hill, I can say that it was a horrible match! Not unexpected though. Slavia played great, while Sparta displayed once again their swiss cheese defense. Congrats to Slavia, they definately deserved the win.
post #11 of 420 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2005, 10:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Unfortunately I haven´t seen the game, just highlighits. Goals were beautiful, crowd excellent. Rivalry between Sparta and Slavia was always energized with big emotions.
post #12 of 420 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2005, 12:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Thanks for the link Kajoo! Wow, third and fourth goal were both brilliant.

Good to see Slavia bounce back after their poor start and it's always great to destroy your biggest rivals.
post #13 of 420 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2005, 16:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrLe
Thanks for the link Kajoo! Wow, third and fourth goal were both brilliant.

Good to see Slavia bounce back after their poor start and it's always great to destroy your biggest rivals.

You´re welcome, KrLe. How about Sparta & Slavia rivalry, as a Slovan fan I´m indifferent. For both teams are playing some interesting players f.e.Slavia´s Slovakians (Krajcik- scorer of 4th, Svento-scorer of 1st, Kozacik-goalie) or Sparta´s Kisel (assist) or Petras (now captain of Sparta). Some of these guys could be future stars of Slovakian NT.
post #14 of 420 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 17:47
Rising Star

Teams: Slavia and Bohemians Prague, Rayo Vallecano
The Slavia Prague Thread

Come here to disscus the red and white team from Prague, 17x champion of the czech league. The last title came excatly 10 seasons ago, will history repeat itself and will Slavia be succesfull this season.
Last season we ended in second place behind sparta and therefore secured a spot in the third leg of the CL qualification. Unfortunately we lost 4:1 on agreagate, but after getting through Cork City made it to the group stages of UEFA Cup. So far only one game at home agaisnt CSKA Sofia 4:2...

Right now in 4th place in the legua behind olomouc, Teplice and the leaders Liberec, can Slavia find enough strenght and keep the title in Prague after Spartas absimal preformances?
post #15 of 420 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 19:54
pyr
Rising Star

We´ll see after the game in Liberec. But I doubt it, they are far too inconsistent to be the champions. Although there´s still lot of time to improve....
post #16 of 420 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 20:58
Rising Star

well the squad has suffered from a shortage of financial funds, since we always end in the 3rd round of the CL qualification, we have to sell top players. We only managed to keep a couple - Pitak, Gedeon...but some like Petrous or Bejbl, Vachousek or Skacel had to go.
The squad is both young and experienced so let's hope we can gain a good form to chalange for the title...
Yes the Liberec game is going to be very important. Hope that they can bring home the full 3 points
post #17 of 420 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 11:12
International

The today's match should be top-quality, I can't wait! But even if Slavia win and show some impresive power it won't mean they're going to win the league. The inconsistency is always ready to appear when the title is getting closer. It's in their DNA.

Btw I should be studying instead of watching football but I can't help myself. However I shouldn't understimate it. On Friday- (probably, the date is not official yet) it's time for the General state exam, English it is. And it's a lot of facts. But if I pass I will buy Slavia-Monaco ticket as a present. You see, football everywhere.

As for the match- I expect Liberec not losing.
post #18 of 420 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 15:46
International

Very, very good match.

Slavia started very well- entertaining ofensive football and dangerous actions but then decided to prove once (sorry twice) again that their main hobby is to score (almost) own goals and they let Holenda and Holosko score easy goals. The half-time score was 3-1 for Slovan and obviously it was the players of Liberec who were leaving the pitch with their heads up.

Slavia, however, managed to score already in 3th minute of the second half and from that on were the better team. 3-3 at the end was a deserved result I believe.

Unlucky and bad performance from the GK Seliga. Also Slavia's left back Hubacek was extremely bad.

Zbynek Pospech was a bit disappointing.
post #19 of 420 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2005, 16:13
Rising Star

If we can continue fighting like we did today and manage to turn matches around we just may be championship material...unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see the match but I belive that to turn a game around like that you have to play well atleast for some part of it

Good to see that Adauto is finaly recovered and that Gedeon will be fit as well...
post #20 of 420 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2005, 19:19
Rising Star

So 2:2 with Viking

Our Goals: Vlcek and Pitak

Not a bad result since Viking is a solid team and the conditions from what I've seen were too great. A good effort from the lads. Some may have been hoping for a win but the result is fair.
It should probably bee enough to take us through, but we mustn't settle...We play away in Hamburg and home agaisnt Monaco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in