Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Our very own version of Calciopoli..

Hilarious

Coaches take money from players, Ittihad midfielder says
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 - 23:22

Hanafi

By: Hani Al-Awadi from Alexandria

Ittihad Alexandria midfielder Hesham Hanafi accused members in his side's technical staff of accepting money from players to select them in the starting line-up.

"Who pays more, gets a starting place. It's as simple as this," Hanafi told FilGoal.com in an exclusive interview on Monday.

"It is neither the performance nor the shape of the player that determines his playing time."

Hanafi, though, declined to name those members.

"This is the main reason behind the disaster. The board of directors should take an immediate action about this," he said.

Ittihad are at the basement of the table on seven points from 12 games.

They next play Suez Cement, who are second from bottom with two more points.

A club source told FilGoal.com on condition of anonymity last week that manager Mohamed Salah will be sacked if Ittihad failed to beat the Suez side.

Hanafi said that there are players who always play in spite of not training with the team. Striker Mohamed Al-Yamani echoed the same claims.

Manager Mohamed Salah

Midfielder Mahmoud Sobhi, defender Ahmed Saleh and captain Youssef Hamdi were among players who don't train regularly, according to Hanafi.

"I am revealing this for the sake of the faithful supporters, who suffer because of what happens inside the team," Hanafi said.

"This has nothing to do with me not playing because I have already decided to leave in January.

"Even if I didn't find a suitable offer, retirement will be my decision. There isn't much left in my career," the 34-year-old added.

Hanafi came off the bench against Ismaili and Aluminum and managed to dish out a sum of four assists in both games.

He also excelled in the friendly games prior Ahli game last week and was promised a starting place but was eventually dropped out of the squad.

"They told me I was out of the game because I am a former Ahli player," he said.

"This was a silly reason because the club now have to sign another manager to coach the team against Zamalek (where Salah used to play.)"

http://sports.filbalad.com/english/N...p?NewsID=38171

Today Hesham Hanafi denied making those statements and accused the reporter of fabricating, but Filgoal.com made the recording public only a few hours later. :dielaugh: Somehow it doesn't work for me though, but it did for others. I'm dying to hear it.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2007, 16:41
Rising Star

Teams: Ahly S.C., F.C. Internazionale Milano
It's not the first time that such accusations arise against Mohamed Salah. No surprise here! But Hesham Hanafi was so dumb to reveal such details on the phone to a very popular football news site!

1982 1987 2001 2005 2006 2008 2012 2013

The Champions Of Africa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in