Internacional-Al-Ahly (FIFA CWC) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2006, 14:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Egyptian NT & Inter Milan
Internacional-Al-Ahly (FIFA CWC)

???

Last edited by Ahmmad10; December 28th, 2013 at 02:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2006, 14:59
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
FT Al Ahly [1 - 2] Internacional

24' [0 - 1] A. Pato

54' [1 - 1] Flavio

73' [1 - 2] L. Adriano
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2006, 22:51 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Internacional reaches final with late goal vs. Al-Ahly

TOKYO (AP) -- Substitute Luiz Adriano scored late in the second half Wednesday to lead Brazil's Internacional to a 2-1 win over Egypt's Al Ahly in the semifinals of the Club World Cup.

Adriano's near-post header off a Ceara corner kick in the 72nd minute broke a 1-1 deadlock and lifted the South American champions into the final, where they will face the winner of Thursday's semifinal between European champions Barcelona and Mexico's Club America.

"We were nervous because this was our first match," said Internacional coach Abel Braga. "But I'm happy our players could relax and score some goals."

The Dec. 10-17 Club World Cup features the top club teams from soccer's six continental confederations.

Alexandre, who was replaced by Adriano in the second half after injuring his ankle, put Inter up 1-0 in the 23rd minute.

Alexandre picked up a loose ball off a sliding challenge from Hassan Mostafa and fired a low, right-foot blast into the back of the net.

"I'm glad I was able to score a goal to help my team," said Alexandre. "My teammates helped me to relax. We'll be better in the final game."

Flavio equalized in the 54th minute for the African champions. Tarek Said sent a cross into the area and the Angolan striker headed the ball past Inter goalkeeper Clemer.

Emad El Nahas came close for Al Ahly on 37 minutes with a free kick that Clemer deflected over the crossbar.

Minutes later, Mohamed Aboutrika hit the far post.

Al Ahly advanced to the semifinals with a 2-0 win over Auckland City in the quarterfinals on Sunday.

"I think our team could have done better," said Al Ahly coach Manuel Jose. "Our players allowed too much open space and that wasn't part of the plan. We were more offensive in the second half but Inter is from Brazil and they are the most advanced soccer country in the world."

The final is in Yokohama on Dec. 17. Last year, Sao Paulo took the title after upsetting European heavyweight Liverpool 1-0.

Internacional qualified for the Club World Cup by winning the Copa Libertadores in August, when it held defending champion Sao Paulo to a 2-2 draw.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old December 13th, 2006, 22:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Last edited by Ahmmad10; November 28th, 2011 at 22:52.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2006, 01:19
Rising Star

Al-Ahly played quite well. Flávio looked very good.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2006, 13:00
Rookie

Teams: Inter, Ahly, Barcalona, Boca, Arsenal, Dortmund
How did you like Abo Trika though?

Notes:

- Juventus: Fans don't deserve it, players don't deserve it, but the club deserves it.
- Barcelona: Where is the 2005/2006 performance, where is the spice? where is the beauty?
- Real Madrid: Who cares about performance, results matter.
- Roberto Mancini: It's your last straw, better use it with a bit of wisdom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in