Friendly international - Egypt vs. Uruguay - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 02:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Friendly international - Egypt vs. Uruguay

This evening in Alexandria. Egypt will be missing a handful of regulars - Abo Treka, Barakat, Emad Meteb, Abdel Wehab, Shawqy, Hosny Abd Rabo and Mido. Zidan and Mostafa Gaafar are out as well. It's a good chance to see what a number of noobs have got to offer, such as Ramy Adel, Reda Shehata, Ahmed Abdel Ghany, Mohamed Gedo (very impressed with him, especially his performance against Esperance in the Confederations Cup), Abdel Salam Nagah etc..

El Saka, Ahmed Hassan, Amir Azmy, Sherif Ikramy & Abo Mosalam are the foreign based players called up by Hassan Shehata.

Recoba ( injured, yet again ) is the most notable absentee from the Uruguayan team. Lugano (on Copa Libertadores final duty with Sao Paolo away to Internacional) and Varela (injured) have missed the trip as well. Though the the likes of Fabian Carini, Carlos Digo, Pablo Garcia, Diego Perez, Dario Rodriguez, Diego Forlan and Fabian Estoyanoff (that bloke has pace to burn) will take part.

Uruguay have narrowly missed out on qualification to Germany, a very good team with great tradition. This is a clash between the two teams that hold unmatched records for the most continental titles.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 06:38
Rising Star

Teams: Santos FC, Uruguay
Man, do you know if any tv will stream this game? I searched like crazy but i didn't found it ;(
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 16:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Hmm...

Register in this forum, they may stream the match live.

http://www.egyptsports.com/phpBB/

Quote:
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 17:42
Rising Star

Teams: Santos FC, Uruguay
i registered but i didnt found it
And the language prejudice a lot
by the way, thanks for the help nerazurri ;}
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2006, 22:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Egypt 0-2 Uruguay

Both goals coming in the second half against the run of play, through Uruguay's #6 who headed the ball in from a well taken corner kick by Estoyanoff And Abdel Zaher El Saka (own goal), with Estoyanoff providing the cross down the right side. Great work by Diogo (who played in the second half) for that goal.

The first half was evenly matched, although Egypt had a couple of excellent opportunities to take the lead through Amr Zaki and Ahmed Hassan's efforts. Carini made an impressive intervention to deny the latter from scoring.

Egypt dominated possession in the second half but didn't really threaten Uruguay that much, we lacked the cutting edge. Amr Zaki and Abdel Halim disappeared for long periods, and both got substituted.

Uruguay were tame upfront, they didn't create one single real chance ! Yet somehow scored twice and came close to adding a third from another corner kick, but the long haired substitute, #13, hit the post from a yard out.

Overall I thought we were decent, seeing as that's basically our second string team. Only El Saka, Ahmed Hassan and Amr Zaki are starters. The future is bright

Congrats to Uruguay.

Quote:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2006, 02:18
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
NINETY MINUTES FOR CARINI IN URUGUAY WIN
Wednesday, 16 August 2006 23:51:04
MILAN - Inter custodian Fabian Carini kept goal for ninety minutes as Uruguay defeated Egypt 2-0 in Wednesday's friendly international in Alessandria.

EGYPT 0-2 URUGUAY (HT: 0-0)

Scorers: Diego Godín 67, Abdel El Saka (own goal) 78

URUGUAY: Fabián Carini, Andrés Scotti, Carlos Valdez (Carlos Diogo 46), Diego Godín, Darío Rodríguez, Guillermo Giacomazzi, Pablo García (Omar Pouso 85), Ignacio González (Maximiliano Pereira 64); Fabián Estoyanoff, Diego Forlán (Sebastián Abreu 75), Mario Regueiro (64' Fabián Canobbio 64)
Coach: Oscar Tabárez

EGYPT: Mohamed Masud (Abud Terika 46), Abdel El Saka, Mohamed Monsef, Ahmed El Sayed, Tarek El Saeed (Ahmed Eid 73), Ahmed Fathi, Ramid Adem (Samir Sabry 53), Ahmed Hassan, Cheyaff (Mohamed Shawky 53), Abdelhalim Alí, Amar Zaky (Mohamed Ibrahim 78)
Coach: Hassan Shehata

inter.it

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2006, 23:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Inter.it's Egyptian line-up is WAAY off. Embarrassing.

P.S. During the pre-match warmup, the Egyptian players wore shirts with "Lebanon in our hearts" imprinted on it The fans chanted for Lebanon as well.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in