WCC - Ahly vs. Ittihad - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will emerge victorious ?
The Champions of Africa 7 50.00%
The Champions of Asia 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2005, 00:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
WCC - Ahly vs. Ittihad

Bring them on. :fero:

What an absolutely stupid timing to hold the game... I bet schools and universities in both countries will be half empty come Sunday. Not to mention people not going to work too...

FIFA is made up of a bunch of money hogging imbeciles that know about football as much as Mansour el Blowy knows about eating healthy food.

No offence intended, just trying to liven up the topic and create some pre match hype.

Ittihad have a lot of excellent players (Nour, Kallon, Chiko, Doukhi among others) and they were somehow allowed to add three new Brasilians, who I read are talented. Especially Palmeiras's Pedrinho when on form.

Nonetheless, we should (and i'm sure we will) put up a fight up throughout the entire 90 minutes.

We shall prevail.

God. Egypt. Al Ahly.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2005, 00:39
totally innocent
Premier Player

Teams: Ittihad
It's going to be a great game! The only problem it's not shown on English TV (they're only showing liverpool). Might try out some of the arabic cafes to see if they've got ART.

Are you guys ready to lose that unbeaten record ? I expect a close game, with Ittihad winning.

Obituary

Saudi Arabian football 1957-2006

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2005, 16:00
Rising Star

Ahly submitted an official complaint to the organizing committee which was excepted and raised to FIFA. The manipulation of the Saudi team i personally found despicable! changing their local rules to accommodate itthad with 6 foreigners on the team. Canceling a year suspension of a player so ittihad can have him. And lastly three new brazilians that were clearly contracted post deadline. And not to mention the crap they were trying to pull off with kaka and eto.

Nevertheless, Ahly will prevail and is the better team. Heck, we will even let them play the brazilian national anthem :dielaugh:

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 08:07
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
....... putting aside the tasteless trash talk that has already begun here, on Ittihad's website, and Ahly's website, I hope for an exciting, fast paced match with many goals. I'm very excited.

The devil is taking the 3ameed to hell :fero:

Ahly 2-1 Ittihad.. Abo Treka 2x.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 10:15
World Class Player

Abo Treka in Ahly's first training session in Japan.

Meteb and Jose.

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 11:19
totally innocent
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
....... putting aside the tasteless trash talk that has already begun here, on Ittihad's website, and Ahly's website, I hope for an exciting, fast paced match with many goals. I'm very excited.

The devil is taking the 3ameed to hell :fero:

Ahly 2-1 Ittihad.. Abo Treka 2x.

I visited a pan-arab football forum recently, and it was getting ridiculous. The funny part was, every few threads you find one aimed at reconciliation. In each of these threads, it begins with (we are all brothers) posts, then midway you get (we are all brothers but you started it), until by the end it's back to war . And they wonder why our region is so fragmented.

But I'm sure the majority here are civilised enough that we can enjoy this great game in good spirits. No loser between us.

Obituary

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 14:22
Rising Star

Interesting prospective given the "tasteless trash talk" bit presumably supports the notion of sportmanship. So accordingly, the actions of a team that is clearly out of bounds with that notion and based on several acts must not be as important!

What a fine fine example of supporting sports. Please reserve the indignation for where it rightfully belongs. I am an Ahly fan and I have been an Ahly fan since I started playing the game which has been forever. If Ahly had performed similar acts to what Itthad is trying to pull off, I would have been truly ticked off and been just as vocal about the obscenity and far departure of sportsmanship and fair play.

To my dismay the real point that is being missed.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 22:15
Rising Star

I dont care that Ittihad Djeddah signed new players and that the Saudi FA changed the rules. If Ahly is the better team they should have no problem beating them. If Ahly loses, than its better than being embarassed by Sao Paolo, the home of all those Brazilians, cause if they cant beat 7 Saudi's with 4 Brazilians, they definately cant beat 11 of them. I want to see Ahly win and I'm sure they will get the job done. Anyone know what channel will be showing the game ?
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2005, 22:54
Rising Star

Teams: Ahly S.C., F.C. Internazionale Milano
I think Nahhas should be fit for this game.

---------------------Hadary

---------------------Nahhas

------------Wael Gomaa---Ahmed ElSayed

ElShater---Hassan Moustafa---Shawky---Gilberto

----------------Barakat---Traika

--------------------Meteab

March on Ahly! The cup is ours

1982 1987 2001 2005 2006 2008 2012 2013

The Champions Of Africa
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 11:06
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarks
I dont care that Ittihad Djeddah signed new players and that the Saudi FA changed the rules. If Ahly is the better team they should have no problem beating them. If Ahly loses, than its better than being embarassed by Sao Paolo, the home of all those Brazilians, cause if they cant beat 7 Saudi's with 4 Brazilians, they definately cant beat 11 of them. I want to see Ahly win and I'm sure they will get the job done. Anyone know what channel will be showing the game ?

I think you're in Canada Tony. If you get foxsoccer, the game is showing 4 AM CST.

Ahly will win the game in spite of the Brazilians. The point is action that speaks loud and clear to disregard rules in any way possible and a non existant sense of sportsmanship. Anyway, that's my gripe because i actually give a damned about that kind of thing. Don't expect everyone else to see it the same way.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 15:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Apparently Sydney FC have also filed a complaint against Ittihad's newly signed players.

It was really amusing reading an Ittihad forum a few hours ago, and one supporter babbling about how Ahly shouldn't have complained because Fatso sent us 1 mill reals after we won the CAF Champions League. hehe. Fatso can shove his one mill up his arse for all I care, we're not Zamalek.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 15:28
Rising Star

Here is a schedule for the match times of the tournament on foxsoccer for those in the US and Canada.

The FIFA Club World Championship 2005 kicks off on Sunday, December 11 on FSC when Asian champions Al Ittihad face African champions Al Ahly in Japan.

This elite championship event will be televised across the U.S. on Fox Soccer Channel. We will feature all 7 matches live and will culminate with the final live from Yokohama on Sunday, December 18 at 5 a.m. ET.
Six teams from all corners of the globe will be competing for the ultimate prize in club football. European champions Liverpool will be looking to stake their claim as the greatest club of 2005.

More FIFA Club World Championship:
Fixtures and Results | TV Schedule

2005 FIFA Club World Championship on Fox Soccer Channel
Date Group/Round Teams Kickoff (ET)
Dec. 11 Quarterfinal Al Ittihad Al Ahly 5 a.m.
Dec. 12 Quarterfinal Sydney FC Deportivo Saprissa 5 a.m.
Dec. 14 Semifinal Sao Paulo Al Ahly/Al Ittihad 5 a.m.
Dec. 15 Semifinal Liverpool Sydney/Saprissa 5 a.m.
Dec. 16 5th-place Match TBD TBD 5 a.m.
Dec. 18 3rd-place Match TBD TBD 2 a.m.
Dec. 18 Final TBD TBD 5 a.m.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5140132
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 18:08
Rising Star

Sao Paulo coach expects to meet Ahly.

مدرب ساو باولو : أتوقع ملاقاة الأهلي في الدور قبل النهائي
الجمعة، 9 ديسمبر 2005 - 18:12
بقلم: أسامة خيري

ساو باولو

أكد باولو أوتوري المدير الفني لفريق ساو باولو البرازيلي أنه يتوقع ملاقاة الأهلي في الدور قبل النهائي لكأس العالم للأندية بدلاً من اتحاد جدة السعودي ، إذ أن النادي المصري "يمتلك أفضلية في التأهل".

وقال أوتوري في تصريحات لوكالات الأنباء يوم الجمعة : "عندما ننظر للمعلومات المتوفرة ، فإن الأهلي يمتلك أفضلية للفوز على اتحاد جدة وملاقاتنا في الدور قبل النهائي للبطولة ، إذ أن لديه دفعة معنوية عالية من عدم التعرض لأي هزيمة خلال 55 لقاء".

وكانت القرعة قد أوقعت ساو باولو في مواجهة الفائز من بطلي أفريقيا وآسيا - الأهلي واتحاد جدة - في افتتاح كأس العالم للأندية المقرر لها أن تقام في الفترة من 11 إلى 18 من الشهر الجاري.

وأضاف أوتوري ، الذي تولي القيادة الفنية للفريق البرازيلي قبل فوزه بكأس ليبرتادورس بشهرين ، أنه يعلم فريق الأهلي جيدا ، مؤكداً أن فوزهم المتتالي شيء مثير للدهشة ، وكذلك احتفاظهم بالكرة واللعب بشكل جماعي جيد يؤكد أنهم فريق قوي.

ورداً على التوقعات التي تؤكد أن النهائي سيجمع بين ساو باولو وليفربول الإنجليزي ، قال أوتوري : "يجب علينا أن نفوز في لقاءين للعودة بكأس البطولة ، ولم أفكر بعد في مواجهة الفريق الإنجليزي ، لأن أمامنا لقاء قوي في الدور قبل النهائي أولا".

يذكر أن الاتحاد الدولي لكرة القدم (الفيفا) وضع بطلي أوروبا وأمريكا الجنوبية مباشرة في الدور قبل النهائي للبطولة ، بعكس أبطال باقي القارات الأربع الأخرى ، الذين يلعبوا لقاء إضافي ، وهو ما قد وصفه البرتغالي مانويل جوزيه المدير الفني للأهلي بأنه "أمر غير عادل".
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 18:09
Rising Star

post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:20
Rising Star

Will ART or ESC-1 be showing the games ?
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:32
totally innocent
Premier Player

ART have got exclusive rights.

As for all the mudslinging, Osama alMuwallad is still suspended (as is Job), and the 3 Brazilians as much as I disagreed with the decision to sign them, it was legal. If they were signed after the deadline no doubt FIFA wouldn't have accepted them on the squad list. So please, stop the intrigue, and concentrate on football.

Obituary

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2005, 22:48
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJazzey
ART have got exclusive rights.

As for all the mudslinging, Osama alMuwallad is still suspended (as is Job), and the 3 Brazilians as much as I disagreed with the decision to sign them, it was legal. If they were signed after the deadline no doubt FIFA wouldn't have accepted them on the squad list. So please, stop the intrigue, and concentrate on football.
No mudslinging involved. The facts speak for themselves load and clear and FIFA has not given a final desicion yet on the legality of the brazilian signings. This will occur tomorrow morning. I repect the fact you were not happy with the decision and I presume you would feel similarly about the nonsense with kaka and eto.

Football wise, it's not a problem brazilians or not. Ahly will come out to win plain and simple. And may the best team win!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2005, 08:12
World Class Player

Hijazzy,

Actually, there is a very good chance that listing the 3 players for the WC is illegal. Pedrinho played his last match on the 6th of November, while Lima and Marcoa who both were signed from Atletico Paranaense last played on the 13th of November.

FIFA demanded the squad lists from the FA's by the 28th of November, on condition that any player on this list must be registered with the local federation by the 11th of November at the most. Obviously, that could not have happened because Marcoa and Lima both played in Brazil past that date, i.e. they couldnt have been registered with both the Brazilian and Saudi FAs.

I have the referee match reports from the games they played, so I'm sure they weren't registered before the 11th. FIFA has also sent a letter to Ittihad last night asking for proof that they were registered before the 11th. A decision should be made soon, but I noticed that the 3 Brazilians names were taken off the FIFA website.

Personally, I don't think it should make a difference to Ahly. As for Ittihad, I believe Mansour El Blawy didn't do his team justice when he decided to sign those players (especially those who will be replaced by the Brazilians who did nothing to deserve to play in this championship).

But in any case, I think Ahly's management should handle this, and as fans, we should each focus on cheering for our own teams.

Last edited by Sabry; December 10th, 2005 at 08:22.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2005, 09:25
Rising Star

And the FIFA decision has come in.

Ittihad Brazilian trio ruled out of championship by FIFA

TOKYO, Dec 10 (Reuters) - Three Al Ittihad players were ruled out of the Club World Championship on Saturday after FIFA said the Saudi club had not properly registered them in time.

The Asian champions will play Egypt's Al Ahly in the tournament curtain raiser in Tokyo on Sunday without Brazilian trio Pedrinho, Marcao and Lima.

FIFA ruled the players were ineligible to play in the six-team competition after an investigation prompted by an official protest by African champions Al Ahly.

The controversy is likely to escalate the war of words between Al Ahly and Ittihad before Sunday's match at Tokyo's National Stadium.
Ittihad's Romanian coach Anghel Iordanescu had accused Al Ahly of playing mind games by complaining about the eligibility of the Brazilian players.

The winners of Sunday's match take on Libertadores Cup holders Sao Paulo in the semi-finals on Wednesday.

Sydney FC take on Costa Rica's Deportivo Saprissa in the tournament's second game on Monday.

European champions Liverpool play the winners of that match in Thursday's second semi-final. Liverpool and Sao Paulo received first-round byes.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2005, 10:09
World Class Player

Are we screwed or what..

I don't have foxsoccer and it seems that ART won't carry the game outside the ME because they don't have the rights in Europe/NA.

Someone please tell me ESC or LBC or someone else will carry it in NA. I only have Arabic package and no cable.

I don't want to be up at 4 am clicking refresh on Filgoal.com... :irritate:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in