Sherif Ekrami on his way to Rotterdam - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2005, 11:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Sherif Ekrami on his way to Rotterdam

Hasn't been confirmed yet by the club, but I read both Egyptian and Dutch sites been saying he's coming here pretty soon for 350 grand and that he's one of your best prospects in the last u20 world cup.

We had him on trial too last summer but then I remember if I read correctly he was only Al Ahli's 3rd goalie is that true? and has he taken up the number one position since that if it is and how far do you reckon his progress is right now?

He'll apparantly be loaned out to our satelite club Excelsior Rotterdam for next season when he comes here btw.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2005, 16:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
We had him on trial too last summer but then I remember if I read correctly he was only Al Ahli's 3rd goalie is that true? and has he taken up the number one position since that if it is and how far do you reckon his progress is right now?
The deal is 99% official as he badly wants to play abroad and our B.O.D won't turn down his request.

Yup, he's our third goalie alright and he didn't play one single game in the league, Cup or African Champions league this season. But that doesn't take anything away from him as he's a huge prospect as you mentioned in your post. It's just that you don't usually see teams changing goalies over the course of a season and our starting goalie has been at the club for a pretty long time and he's solid.

Sherif's dad was a legendary goalie for Egypt and Al-Ahly back in the 70s and 80s and his elder brother was Egypt's goalie in the 1997 U-17 World Cup so goalkeeping runs in the family.

Good luck to him and Feyenoord. It's pleasing to see two Egyptian players playing for such a big club in Europe. Especially that both Hossam Ghaly and Sherif Ikramy are products of our youth system.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 17:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Thanks for the info! I read that too about his dad being a legendary goalie in Egypt. Should come in handy with him knowing what it needs to be a top pro.

Bit surprised we haven't completed the signing yet as it seems to be all done and dusted with the fee etc. Must be his work permit or something like that which is delaying the move.

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 17:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Looks like the sheriff will start the next couple of games as our first goalie Patrick Lodewijks is out injured for a few weeks still and our no2 Michael Aerts made his 2nd blunder in 2 weeks with this in the game against FC Twente in the 40th minute:

Aerts asked to be subbed after this so we got to see the sheriff for the first time this season. Didn't have much to do in the 2nd half but I'm looking forward to see him start in goal friday night against Heerenveen.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 03:53
Premier Player

Teams: Ahly, Spurs, Juve, The Pharaohs
Wish him the best of luck tomorrow @ Herenveen..

A H L A W Y - J U V E N T I N O P E R S E M P R E

www.gopharaohs.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in