Which strikers are best for the NT? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 21:30 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Which strikers are best for the NT?

We all saw by now the game against Libya. Mido and Met3eb both played very well. Mido showed why he is a pro opening up space in the box, playing smart and scoring the crucial opening goal. He is also amazing in the air and physically strong and gifted.

Met3eb has also proven that he is fearless competitor and knows where the back of the net is. If you watch that game closely the guy also has a nice burst of speed with his first few steps. And who can argue with record of scoring 7 goals in 5 NT games!

Now Zidan will be joining the NT and we all now how prolific he can be with some amazing one on one skills and a pretty good shot from either side.

Who should we start? I say Mido and Met3eb are indispensible but what about Zidan playing abu treka's position right behind the strikers. Wouldn't it be amazing to have these three in the game at the same time!

Last edited by footballnut; April 1st, 2005 at 00:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2005, 22:57
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Man... With Mido, Zidan, and Meteb, Shehata is going to have a very hard time making a choice.

I think Mido and Meteb should start, with Zidan coming in sometime in the second half. We can't yet start Zidan because he doesn't have much understanding with his teammates. Mido and Meteb on the other hand really communicate very well.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2005, 15:01 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Yes, met3eb and mido played well together and will get better. Remember this is their first time playing together. What about the idea of playing Zidan instead of abu treka in that attacking mid field role? This would suite zidan's abilities with his one on one play and explosive runs. He is not a traditional in the box striker anyway. We could be playing the three at the same time. That will be some fire power against the tougher teams like cameroon and CIV.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:33
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Zidan has a weak body and isnt as good a playmaker as Trieka. In this position, you'll be up against the best center backs and defensive midfielders, who are naturally very physical. Trieka can cope with them and can build up a play pretty well, I doubt Zidan can.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2005, 23:02
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
Meteb, Mido and Zidan

Meteb - Mido begin in the primary lineup.

Life is only about black and white!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2005, 00:39
Premier Player

Teams: Ahly, Spurs, Juve, The Pharaohs
Umm tough call no doubt. With all those attacking talents im not sure which ones I would like to see play together. However, I think its best to stick with Mido-Meteb duo up-front since they are both on form and seem to understand each other. Now playing with Zidan behind them could be useful, but I would still stick with Abutrieka as playmaker.

Our next game is against Sudan, so I dont think two defensive midfielders are necessary, 1 should be enough. I would want to see something like this in June (and Vs Kuwait):

---------------------------Nader-----------------------------
--Fathy----------Goma---------------Bshier-----------Tarek--
--Barakat----------Shawky--------Trieka----------AhmedEid--
-----------------------Mido------Meteb----------------------

Subs:
Ahmed Hassan
Hosny AbdRabu
Mohamed Zidan
Amir Azmy
El Saka
Hossam Ghaly
Amr Zaky
AbdelWahid

A H L A W Y - J U V E N T I N O P E R S E M P R E

www.gopharaohs.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2005, 14:46 Thread Starter
Rising Star

That's a good line-up ahlawy!m Interesting to see you picked Amir Azmy as a sub. He has been in good form with PAOK.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2005, 01:41
Premier Player

Teams: Ahly, Spurs, Juve, The Pharaohs
Yep ive also been hearing about his good form in Greece, and since we have serious problems at center back then i think we should consider him as an option. Man, if only Ramzy was still around....

A H L A W Y - J U V E N T I N O P E R S E M P R E

www.gopharaohs.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in