Egyptian starting line-up Against Saudi - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 00:27 Thread Starter
Rookie

Teams: Manchester United, Egypt
Egyptian starting line-up Against Saudi

It's been announced that NONE of Egypt's European-based players will be available for the Saudi friendly

Since the match (Monday) doesn't fall into the international calender, their European clubs are hesitant to release them.

I'm still confident a local squad is stronger than the Saudi team, but a few hours ago, it was said that several of our best local players will not play due to injury.

Emad Moteb is probably the biggest local name missing. He was Egypt's leading scorer at the last World Youth Championship, and he scored 2 goals in the recent friendlies against South Korea and Belgium.

Supposedly he's healthy enough to play, but they want to rest him for the March 27th World Cup qualifier against Libya.

I was really looking forward to seeing Mohammed Zidan and Mido as our strikers against Saudi.. but instead it looks like it's gonna be Amr Zaki and Abdel Haleem Ali

These developments have started to worry me for the match... I was feeling pretty confident before all of this news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 12:55
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal,Barca,Juve,Ahly,and EGYPT
Barakat will not play.
Samir Sabry is his replacement.
Ahly let Emad Moteab Go To Saudi and play,so I imagine he will start.
I have the squad,so wait a minute and I will get it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 12:58
Rising Star

Egypt have left Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam and other Europe-based players out of the squad for next week's friendly against Saudi Arabia in Dammam.
However, national coach Hassan Shehata said that the players would be recalled for the World Cup qualifier against Libya on 25 March.

Shehata said his main concern was to stick with the same team which played against South Korea and Bulgaria to achieve "more understanding" between the players.

"We preferred not to call on the professionals in Europe to take part in the Saudi Arabia match but they will be asked to join the squad on 20 March, in readiness for Libya," he said.

Mido, who has 34 caps, apologised last month for the lack of discipline that resulted in him being excluded from the national team since July.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Nader El Sayed (Al Misry), Abdelwahed El Sayed (Zamalek), Mohamed Fathi (Ismaili)

Defenders: Wael Gomaa (Al Ahli), Emad El Nahhas (Al Ahli), Ahmed Abu Musallam (Al Ahli), Abdallah Ragab (Al Masry), Ahmed Fathi (Ismaili), Mahmoud Fathallah (Mahalla)

Midfield: Mohamed Barakat (Al Ahli), Mohamed Shawky (Al Ahli), Hassan Mostafa (Al Ahli), Mohamed Abu Treka (Al Ahli), Hosni Abd Rabou (Ismaili), Tarek Said (Zamalek), Ahmed Eid Abdel Malik (Haras Al Hedood)

Forwards: Emad Motaeib (Al Ahli), Abdelhalim Ali (Zamalek), Amr Zaki (ENPPI), Mohamed Mohsen Abougreisha (Ismaili)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2005, 16:39 Thread Starter
Rookie

Teams: Manchester United, Egypt
Do u know what channels it will be broadcasted on? and what time it will be GMT? i think its gonna be at 7 but im not sure
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2005, 17:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Egyptian_Sheva

Are you by any chance an Interista ? I haven't seen you around that much mate...

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2005, 17:58
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian_Sheva
Egypt have left Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam and other Europe-based players out of the squad for next week's friendly against Saudi Arabia in Dammam.
However, national coach Hassan Shehata said that the players would be recalled for the World Cup qualifier against Libya on 25 March.

Shehata said his main concern was to stick with the same team which played against South Korea and Bulgaria to achieve "more understanding" between the players.

"We preferred not to call on the professionals in Europe to take part in the Saudi Arabia match but they will be asked to join the squad on 20 March, in readiness for Libya," he said.

Mido, who has 34 caps, apologised last month for the lack of discipline that resulted in him being excluded from the national team since July.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Nader El Sayed (Al Misry), Abdelwahed El Sayed (Zamalek), Mohamed Fathi (Ismaili)

Defenders: Wael Gomaa (Al Ahli), Emad El Nahhas (Al Ahli), Ahmed Abu Musallam (Al Ahli), Abdallah Ragab (Al Masry), Ahmed Fathi (Ismaili), Mahmoud Fathallah (Mahalla)

Midfield: Mohamed Barakat (Al Ahli), Mohamed Shawky (Al Ahli), Hassan Mostafa (Al Ahli), Mohamed Abu Treka (Al Ahli), Hosni Abd Rabou (Ismaili), Tarek Said (Zamalek), Ahmed Eid Abdel Malik (Haras Al Hedood)

Forwards: Emad Motaeib (Al Ahli), Abdelhalim Ali (Zamalek), Amr Zaki (ENPPI), Mohamed Mohsen Abougreisha (Ismaili)
The only player I know out of that list is Mahmoud Fathallah, Tarek Said, Ahmed Eid Abdel Malik, and Amr Zaki. That's all.

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2005, 18:12
Rising Star

Are you kidding?

Fathallah is very new,and I hadn;t even heard of him much.Tarek Said is well known. Ahmed Eid Abdel malak is not known very much at all.Amr Zaki is known more than Eid Abdle Malak,but less than Tarek Said

To answer N4L's question,
I like any team that plays well,but I am mostly a Juventino,But i really like Milan and Inter

http://upload.keekles.com/uploads/my-amazing-sig.gif

Click on the link!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2005, 21:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Pulsar is just kidding around, Egyptian_Sheva.

I bet that 90% of Egyptians don't even know how Mahmoud Fathallah looks like. Anyway, he's a shitty defender and I wonder why he's chosen at all. I still remember his fatal error against Asante Kotoko in the african Cup winners Cup back in 2002...

I remember it so well as I was supporting Ghazl on that night and I was so damn pissed when he committed that mistake which cost Ghazl the tie even if they actually won 4-2 and played a great game.

You support teams that play good football ? Then how on earth do you root for Juventus ?!

Not only that they're boring but they're scum.

Great avatar though.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2005, 22:12
Rising Star

Thanx!

I know he was kiddin

Check out this avatar.

http://upload.keekles.com/uploads/my-amazing-sig.gif

Click on the link!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in