Egypt vs Belgium - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 22:53 Thread Starter
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
Egypt vs Belgium

match is tomorrow @ 9.30 egyptian time , bring them on!

Life is only about black and white!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 13:58
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Doesn't look like it's going to be a very good game.

There is some hard criticisme on the second stadium of Egypt where we will be playing in tonight.
This is what the belgian press has to say today:

According to belgian correspondances the state of the pitch and the dressing room is plain awful.
The belgian delegation says it's shocked. The situation is disturbing and it's unimaginable how they could welcome a european team like that.

There is barely any grass on the pitch and it's filled with holes. Very dangerous to get injuries. "It looks more like a field to plant patatoes on."
"The best way to play here is just to skip the midfield and keep kicking long balls" says defender Olivier Doll.

After the training the medical staff forbid the players to take a shower in the dressing room. The toilets were as filthy as the ones in some public train stations. The showers were dirty with fungus growing all over it and rusty pipes.

The president called the situation unacceptable.

--------------------------------------

Hmmm... state of the field souns concerning. I kind of fear we wont be seeing a very good game tonight. :/

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 15:21
Rising Star

Anyone know which stadium this is? How embarrassing!!

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 15:53
Star Player

Dont know the name of the stadium.
But I dont think you can completely blame the egyption football association for this incident since. Their first stadium is currently out of use, because there are works (repairs, expansions) going on there.

The most embarrasing thing is that 2 months ago the belgian football associations (who got a tour) approved this stadium as capable to host a world cup-game.

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 17:58
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
That is indeed strange.

Well, our first stadium, Cairo stadium, is locked for upgrades because we are hosting the African Cup of Nations 2006.

You will probably play on the Military Academy stadium or the Arab Contractors stadium, which are not perfect, but very far from being "filthy". They are both owned by respected entities. Military Academy I believe is owned by the Army which has good money - in fact the Army owns a premier league team so they are good spenders. And the Arab constractors are one of the biggest contracting companies in the middle east. In fact, many European teams have already played on those stadiums.

How confident are you that this information is accurate?

In any cases, the incompetence of some of our managements in general is nothing new or shocking. Our apologies for this issue. Sometimes, 70 million have to pay for the mistakes of a few bastards .
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 18:01
Premier Player

Teams: Germinal Beerschot, Avenir Beggen!!
There should be a bet that whoever looses gets a "swirly" in the filthy toilets...

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 19:49
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
That is indeed strange.

Well, our first stadium, Cairo stadium, is locked for upgrades because we are hosting the African Cup of Nations 2006.

You will probably play on the Military Academy stadium or the Arab Contractors stadium, which are not perfect, but very far from being "filthy". They are both owned by respected entities. Military Academy I believe is owned by the Army which has good money - in fact the Army owns a premier league team so they are good spenders. And the Arab constractors are one of the biggest contracting companies in the middle east. In fact, many European teams have already played on those stadiums.

How confident are you that this information is accurate?

In any cases, the incompetence of some of our managements in general is nothing new or shocking. Our apologies for this issue. Sometimes, 70 million have to pay for the mistakes of a few bastards .

It's Arab contractors stadium. I don't think it's a world class stadium or anything but it shouldn't be that bad like Sabry said. Then again, I haven't been to Egypt in a very long time. And just like he said, you can never underestimate the incompetence of managers there. He hit the nail on the had there.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 19:52
Rising Star

Who the heck is Emad Meteeb? he scored for Egypt. 1st half 1-0 for Egypt.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 20:44
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal,Barca,Juve,Ahly,and EGYPT
Ahly Player

Now 3-0

Goals by Emad Motab(2) and Eid Abddel Malak (1)
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 20:55
Rising Star

holy sh!t it's 4-0

GOALS
Emad Motab 40
Emad Motab 51
Ahmed Abdelmalek 53
Ahmed Salah Hosni 80
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 21:03
Premier Player

wow, I am ashamed to be belgian....i guess i get a swirly in your crappy stadium....

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 21:09
World Class Player

Lets not push the stadium thing .. I think those reports are exagerrated considering those stadiums were "supposed" to host the failing world cup bid. What did Belgium really expect, 5 class hotel washrooms .. Egypt is not a European country.. We also treat everyone the same (Europeans, Asians, Africans, etc).. So Belgium should not be looking for preferential treatments based on them being Europeans. This particular stadium hosted FC Midjtyland of Denmark last weekend. And as you can see from the match, there is grass on the pitch

As for being ashamed to be Belgian, there is nothing to be ashamed of my friend. You had some injured players and this was nothing more nothing less than a friendly. Although, we have had our good luck against you in the last couple of years
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 21:16
Premier Player

This is just frustration, because we were once a team that demanded respect. Over the years, we just have got worse and worse. It is really pissing me off. Even though it was a friendly, we needed a win to boost the morale. Now we have nothing.......

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 21:41
gOD
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Congrats guys, i!t's pretty clear the best team won

We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!

26.000 Faces :frownani:
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 21:55
Star Player

Quote:

As for being ashamed to be Belgian, there is nothing to be ashamed of my friend. You had some injured players and this was nothing more nothing less than a friendly. Although, we have had our good luck against you in the last couple of years
So did you guys. You only played with Egypt-based players and you missed out on Mido and Ghaly.

The hotel: Our players didn't deserve any better than that really.
As for the field; I didn't notice anything bad about it. The Egyptians seemed to play just fine on it. :thmbup:

BTW: To be a bit positive on the game (afterall you guys did play very well no need to be that modest): That number 10 what a player.
Allong with the number 7 and Barakak (or something like that) the best players on the field IMO.

Last edited by Kampfschwein; February 9th, 2005 at 22:00.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2005, 22:55 Thread Starter
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein
So did you guys. You only played with Egypt-based players and you missed out on Mido and Ghaly.

As for the field; I didn't notice anything bad about it. The Egyptians seemed to play just fine on it. :thmbup:

BTW: To be a bit positive on the game (afterall you guys did play very well no need to be that modest): That number 10 what a player.
Allong with the number 7 and Barakak (or something like that) the best players on the field IMO.
u mean barakat

yeah, he is an exceptional player

Life is only about black and white!
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2005, 00:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschwein

We always treat visiting teams exceptionally well, and I'm sure that the Belgian national team players and staff stayed in a 5 star hotel and we do have many 5 star hotels in Egypt, and in Cairo specifically. Afterall, we're famous for tourism you know.

The pitch wasn't in tip top shape but it wasn't as bad as I read in the article that you posted. If the person that wrote this article thinks that this is a poor pitch that should be used for planting potatoes (lol I find this pretty funny tbh ), then he should take a look at playing surfaces in other parts of Africa.

That #10 is Emad Meteb. He plays for my club, Al-Ahly. He finished as the leading scorer in the youth African cup of nations back in 2003 when Egypt eventually won the Cup. He's also leading the scoring charts in the league this season even if it's his first season in the senior team ! :eekani: And he's already an international player and he scored our winner against South Korea as well. He's 20 years old and I'm sure that he has attracted some eyes there in Belgium with that amazing second goal. He also socred a great goal against England's U-20 side back in the U-20 World Cup. A pretty talented lad.

#7 is our right back, Ahmed Fathy. He plays for Ismaily and he was invited to a trial back in the summer at Arsenal (yup, THAT Arsenal) but he didn't succeed there. He played a couple of matches when Arsenal were camping in Austria. He's 20 years old as well.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2005, 04:55
World Class Player

Yes Nez, I really really really really really doubt the Belgian delegation were referring to a hotel, because many hotels in Egypt and Cairo in particular are top notch 5 star hotels (that I myself can not afford to stay in ). And it is just impossible that Belgium were given a 3 or 2 star hotel because the EFA has no reason to do that since if I recall the visiting teams are taken care of by the ministry of tourism (and they are quite decent), so the EFA pays nothing.

I suspect the Belgian team is complaining about a TRAINING pitch they were given (not the AC stadium)...
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2005, 11:35
Legend

Teams: Cementarnica 55 Skopje
4-0 congrats First on www.livescore.pl there was some feult that's 1-1, but it's fantastic win with Motab's double

Cementarnica in Vtora Liga 2009/2010
Cementarnica - Miravci 2:0 (Kostadinovski 40'-pen. Naumcevski 43')
Belasica - Cementarnica 1:2 (Markov 24' - Donev 9'-og Trajkovski 47')
Cementarnica - 11 Oktomvri 2:1 (Jakovlevski 15' 77' - Kostadinovski 26'-og)
Cementarnica - Belasica 4:1 (Braga 23' 38' Ristovski 43' Kostadinovski 63' - Jurcevski 88')
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2005, 11:45
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian_Juventino
u mean barakat

yeah, he is an exceptional player
Yeah sorry, that's the one.

Quote:
Yes Nez, I really really really really really doubt the Belgian delegation were referring to a hotel, because many hotels in Egypt and Cairo in particular are top notch 5 star hotels (that I myself can not afford to stay in ). And it is just impossible that Belgium were given a 3 or 2 star hotel because the EFA has no reason to do that since if I recall the visiting
My mistake indeed. I meant the dressing rooms and the traning pitch. The hotel was class from what I've heard of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in