So what is going on with Shikabala? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2005, 22:49 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Teams: PAOK and Parma
So what is going on with Shikabala?

What does the press and Zamalek say in Egypt about Shikabala's transfer to PAOK?

Over here, the transfer was officially announced this evening.

From the official PAOK site:

"FC PAOK announces the signing of Egyptian player Mahmoud Abdel Razek "Shikabala" from Zamalek.

FC PAOK requested on Friday 14-1-2005 the transfer card of the player from the Egyptian FA but FC PAOK's request was refused. On Monday 24-1-2005 a temporary transfer card will be requested from FIFA.

Shikabala will join the team as soon as his duties with the youth National Team of Egypt ends."

Apparently, what happened is the following: Zamalek sent a director (who was also serving as manager for Megahed and Shikabala) to Thessaloniki and the transfer fee for Zamalek as well as the contracts of the players were agreed and the . But when one week later a PAOK director flew to Egypt in order to formalise the deal, Zamalek made known that they would allow only Megahed to leave as the coach supposedly considered Shikabala "indinspensable". PAOK signed Megahed and after making one more bid for Shikabala which was rejected, decided to get the player for free because he didn't have a proffesional contract with Zamalek yet.

What is going on? In any case, Shikabala seems to be a PAOK player!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shikabala.jpg (7.6 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Shikabala1.jpg (17.7 KB, 186 views)

Love is the drug, and I'm a junkie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 03:56
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal,Barca,Juve,Ahly,and EGYPT
yes...he has signed...he will go after the Yoth Cup Of Nations
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:17 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

So why the FA of Egypt is not sending his card? And did Zamalek get any money or we got him for free?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
So why the FA of Egypt is not sending his card? And did Zamalek get any money or we got him for free?
All in all it's a pretty complicated issue.

Zamalek are insisting that Shikabala is tied to a contract with them untill 2006 and they've requested the FA not to send Shikabala's international card untill the FA takes a further look at Shikabala's contract.

But that's Zamalek and as I've mentioned beforehand, They're sore losers on and off the pitch and even if they do know that Shikabla's contract with them is usless (not a professional contract, which I believe is the case) they still wouldn't accept the loss of their player. We've (Al-Ahly) already snatched a player from under their noses because he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to move to any club if Ahly pays a certain amount of cash to Zamalek (like a buyout clause, quite similar to Figo's case.) So basically two typical contractual errors would be too much and with the elections taking place in March, their chairman and B.O.D. would be in a very, very bad shape.

FIFA should settle this, IMO.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 14:34
Rising Star

Paok bid 130,000 euros,Zamalek rejected it,then PAOK bid the same,And Zamalek Accepted

Zamalek board is retarted,they would be better without a board
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 14:40 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Well, if they weren't such wankers and had stuck to the deal made with the original bid of 400,000 euros none of this would have happened. But they broke down the deal and ended up with much less money... serves them right.

How's Shikabala doing in the Youth Cup of Nations?

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 15:30
Rising Star

im not sure bout the 130,000 though

Shikabala scored 1 vs. Morrocco
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2005, 16:40
Premier Player

Teams: Ahly, Spurs, Juve, The Pharaohs
Quote:
How's Shikabala doing in the Youth Cup of Nations?
He had a bad game Vs Angola in the first game (like the whole Egypt team) but he proved his worth in the Morocco game scoring 1 and excelling throughout the game.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2005, 23:18
Rising Star

Teams: Egypt,Zamalek & Mido
shikabala scored again against lethoto

Thank you God because i was born Egyptian..We have the Pyramids ..We have the river Nile and we have the most wonderful soccer team in the world Zamalek
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2005, 23:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend
Xtratime Legend

Micheal, I see you're a Zamalek fan. What is your opinion about Amir Azmy and Shikabala?

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 00:01
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealrefaat
shikabala scored again against lethoto
the 4th goal to be exact, and a nice goal too, in the left corner.

btw Amorso!, Shikabala is a gr8 young player, is has r8 speed and gr8 dribbling techniques.

Life is only about black and white!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 01:02
Premier Player

Teams: Ahly, Spurs, Juve, The Pharaohs

Here's Shikabala after signing the contract in Cairo before the African Youth Cup began.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 01:57
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
Amoroso,

You must understand that you are dealing with the sleaziest club I personally have ever come to know. Just to give you an idea of how things are managed in that club, the President and Vice-President attack and insult each other on national television when they are interviewed in almost any sports show.

Whats happened, and I believe PAOK's version of the story no matter how Zamalek officials make excuses, is that Zamalek was too cheap to give Shikabala a professional contract with some REAL money. PAOK realised that Shikabala has no contract (confirmed by the EFA), and ended up signing him.

The delay is caused because of two issues:

1. Zamalek CLAIMS to have a contract which was not registered at the EFA. They said they will present it so that Shikabala can come back and play for Zamalek. I personally don't believe this garbage.

2. The EFA is VERY cautious when dealing with Zamalek's whiners. The president of the EFA is an ex-Ahly football team captain. Zamalek blame him for anything and everything, they consider him their number 1 enemy and they truely believe he is responsible for the current 22 league point difference between Ahly and Zamalek. In addition, Ahly earlier in the season signed a Zamalek player (he played for Zamalek 1 game only actually) due to a clause in the contract which was very poorly written by the Zamalek lawyers, which started one of the biggest arguments in Egyptian soccer in the past few years. The EFA judged that Ahly have done nothing wrong and deserve to sign the player, and again, Zamalek blamed the EFA (while the Zamalek vice-president, who is actually a very established lawyer - although a nasty one - claimed that Ahly's position is 100% legal and he blamed the Zamalek president for this mistake).

So, the EFA will be very very cautious before they send Shikabala's papers to PAOK for the above reasons. Don't expect it to be an easy way out.

But don't get the wrong idea, I find this club, despite being the second best in Egypt (in terms of results) to be a very bad example of Egyptian soccer.

Good luck

Last edited by Sabry; January 24th, 2005 at 02:14.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 13:53
Rising Star

Quote:
Micheal, I see you're a Zamalek fan. What is your opinion about Amir Azmy and Shikabala?

my opinion as a Zamalek fan...our board is dumb...but this is not the issue here...coz i beleive he has a professional contract which is approved by EFA..he played for the bst team for 3rd year in row..amir's deal has no problems....by the way way...you know why...coz his father is in the board...

but on the other hand...he has to leave...he has more potential than egyptian league...as many other players but our dumd clubs think only about themselves....he is better than MIDO...started younger....played more for 1st team locally...

if u want my opinion about there performance...here it is...

Amir...is tall defender...captin of national youth team...solid...choosen best libro in african cup for youth 2003...started to play regularly at 1st team this year...and he is the weak one in this deal....

Shikabala...born in 86...he didn't even complete 19 years yet....well known in Egypt for 4 years ...they said he is naughty but wasn't clearly seen...playes as left winger or left midfeilder....excellent dribbler....can score....and if he goes to paok...it would just be a step....

Thank you God because i was born Egyptian..We have the Pyramids ..We have the river Nile and we have the most wonderful soccer team in the world Zamalek
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 18:42
Rising Star

I haven't seen shikabala play. Can't get egyptian or greek games for that matter in chicago. From reading different posts, i gather he is yound and talented. But I've also read that he is involved in too many off the field antics and needs to get his head straight to have a future in any european top league. Some posters think he is his own worst enemy. What do you guys make of that?
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 21:19
World Class Player

Teams: Ahly (of Cairo) and Egypt
footballnut,

He is very talented. He's got some fantastic moves and he is very creative on the pitch (sometimes more than needed). He's got a Brazilian style of play, if you know what I mean.

As for his problems off the pitch, I personally havent heard any concrete facts. But he seems to be inconsistent and does not play regularly at Zamalek (maybe due to his age).
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2005, 21:53
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabry
footballnut,

He is very talented. He's got some fantastic moves and he is very creative on the pitch (sometimes more than needed). He's got a Brazilian style of play, if you know what I mean.

As for his problems off the pitch, I personally havent heard any concrete facts. But he seems to be inconsistent and does not play regularly at Zamalek (maybe due to his age).

Thanks Sabry! yes, I know exactly what you mean. If he is not playing regularly for zamalek that might mean he is inconsistent because he does not concentrate on his job on the pitch. Just guessing of course.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 15:47
Rising Star

found a very rare pic for Amir Azmy when he was young in Zamalek team...and guess who else is in the pic....

from left to righ

Amir Azmy.....MIDO.....Gamal Hamza (plays in Zamalek...)

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 21:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Now that's a very cute pic.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2005, 22:58
Proud Juventino.
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Go figure ..
mido looks cute

Life is only about black and white!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in