9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 358 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 00:33
Premier Player

Teams: Azzurri * * * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakies View Post
Berardi is overrated
Is he highly rated? Surely he's good enough for this squad.
Sayonara doesn't fit Contes tactics. Contes tactics should fit the talent that he has available. He should be there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 358 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 01:00
Star Player

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoCalabria View Post
Is he highly rated? Surely he's good enough for this squad.
Sayonara doesn't fit Contes tactics. Contes tactics should fit the talent that he has available. He should be there.
The way people talk about him you would think he's the second coming of Baggio. Kid is a decent player with a provincial mentality, he'll never be one of the greats. But i agree, he should be on this team, especially considering what Italy has up front these days

ADP
post #283 of 358 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2016, 04:29
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
England named their squad and have players listed who are still playing fa cup final 21st of may (Rooney/Man utd), Smalling/Man utd, Rasford/Man utd). WTF is this then? Why Conte cant name starters before coppa italia final? Coppa italia and fa cup final are played same date! So its not a question of different dates.
Typical Stephan overreaction

The Italians are meeting up now. That's why players who still have club games left to play haven't been called yet. Juve, Milan, PSG, and United players will get called up to join them later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
At this point only thing to look forward to is the fall and if the new coach is more willing to focus on youth and just hope it works.
I think he has done a decent job of calling up, experimenting with, and integrating young players. Even in this list you've some of them, some new names. The only young player who was deserving of a trial but didn't get a call is Belotti.

From the squad called, the lists of GKs, defenders, and midfielders look fine. The list of attackers is a facepalm. Borini, Immobile, and Eder are there while all of Giovinco, Belotti, Lapudala, and Gabbiadini are left home.

post #284 of 358 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 09:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Odd that Conte chose Immobile over Belotti. The explanation to it was "Ciro gave me a lot in the past". Bah!
post #285 of 358 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 11:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniSamp View Post
Odd that Conte chose Immobile over Belotti. The explanation to it was "Ciro gave me a lot in the past". Bah!
The key to understanding Italian football choices.
post #286 of 358 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 13:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
No Verratti means I shouldn't even watch this summer. Especially with Berardi missing too who at least will give us a future.

Can't wait to see Candreva-Pelle-Eder first game
post #287 of 358 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 13:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

With a Motta-Parolo midfield
post #288 of 358 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 03:45
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
No Verratti means I shouldn't even watch this summer. Especially with Berardi missing too who at least will give us a future.

Can't wait to see Candreva-Pelle-Eder first game
cassano had tons of haters and he had 1000 times the talent of berardi so I don't know why berardi not being there is a travesty
post #289 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 09:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Because when we had Cassano we had several top attackers too. Now we don't
post #290 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:05
CUG
Legend

Teams: Juventus
Quote:
Because when we had Cassano we had several top attackers too. Now we don't
Spot on.
post #291 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 13:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Rumours obviously not confirmed that Insigne will not get called tomorrow. Super Lolz if true
post #292 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 19:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Rumours obviously not confirmed that Insigne will not get called tomorrow. Super Lolz if true
it's almost certain because Conte will strictly adopt 3-5-2, a formation in which Insigne is indeed useless.
That said, the performances of Insigne with Napoli in the second part of the season have not been so convincing as the performances of the same Insigne in the first part of the season. He is not nearly so brilliant as he used to be and surely his physical test have not impressed Conte.
Rumors are that De Rossi's physical tests have been excellent instead, which is a great thing, given the lack of midfielders.
Pavoletti's tests were also impressive and he should be in the final list of 23.... which is great since "the Pavoloso" is not an ace but something very similar to the best Luca Toni (the number of goals he scored must not deceive you, he had three injuries or could easily score 20 in this season)
post #293 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 20:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Even still Tonight, Insigne adds something we lack in skill set. Instead we will see Eder
post #294 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 20:26
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleopatra View Post
cassano had tons of haters and he had 1000 times the talent of berardi so I don't know why berardi not being there is a travesty
Cassano and Miccoli not getting called up for WC 2010 was a travesty.

But I agree on Berardi. He isn't good enough for the NT even with the lack of quality nowadays. Berardi's current ability gets overrated.
ToniSamp likes this.
post #295 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 21:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Even still Tonight, Insigne adds something we lack in skill set. Instead we will see Eder
Eder HAS skills. The problem with Eder is that lately he doesn't look very brilliant either but I trust physical test will be decisive to tell Conte whether Eder should be in the final list or not.
Let's not forget that in the world cup 2014 we lost to ****ing Costa Rica, a team which is not nearly comparable to Italy in terms of skills. If we have to lose I hope we lose to teams which are technically superior and not to teams which (for some odd reason! Like the bloody Costa Rica!) are superior in terms of speed/stamina.
post #296 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 22:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'm not disagreeing but saying Insigne is not fit enough is also an easy way out. Hes played many minutes.

Didn't Prandelli also do these tests? Insigne even from the bench can add more than most strikers in the squad
post #297 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 22:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

We lost to Costa Rica alot due to tactics in my opinion
post #298 of 358 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2016, 22:52
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Not calling up Insigne is extremely inexcusable. Regardless of formation. The options we have arent good enough to dismiss someone who scored and assisted as much as he did from the wing.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan
post #299 of 358 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Not calling up Insigne is extremely inexcusable. Regardless of formation. The options we have arent good enough to dismiss someone who scored and assisted as much as he did from the wing.
In the last 12 serie A games he took 1 Pk and made 0 assists. I don't want to say he is poor or mediocre, not at all, but he is surely done. This is the reason why I don't moan if Conte leaves him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
Didn't Prandelli also do these tests? Insigne even from the bench can add more than most strikers in the squad
Cassano and Balotelli were called up after those tests so either those tests were not really... testing or Prandelli simply dismissed the results of them.

Costarica were tested badly for doping later in the world cup so it was clear they ran a bit too much for our standards and not just our standards.
In the first half Italy had chances to score, in the second half Costarica prevented us from doing anything. Surely the substitutions and the very attacking lineup of the second half (Cerci-Cassano-Insigne-Balotelli all together, just a donkey could field something similar lol) didn't help.

Last edited by ToniSamp; May 23rd, 2016 at 09:09.
post #300 of 358 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:09
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Thats called a slump Toni, doesnt disqualify a player. Dybala went a while without scoring for us too, Morata who is clear quality player went 4 months without scoring...its still players you know what they can do and should be relied on/have as options. Italy's options arent great, and Insigne is very talented and very creative player, why leave him out? Its one thing to not start him, but not call him up completely? Ludicrous IMO.

If this all true, at this point even if they arent all that, there are more few interesting players not called up in certain positions then the reverse, with Insigne, Giovinco, Saponara and Berardi all missing. They dont all deserve to be there, but its kinda funny nontheless. Most other nations would given them a shot or try to rebuild with a few of them.

But hey atleast he is calling up Bernadeschi, thats nice.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.-Genghis Khan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in