We will rise again! - Xtratime Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2016, 06:01 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Teams: Bosnia_NT
New Flag designs for Bosnia

I came up with these, purely out of boredom.
It follows what people have proposed on klix.ba forum:
novi grb i zastava BIH - Forum Klix.ba

Montedia likes this.

"Ovaj pristup je možda dovoljan za mađarsku ligu, ali je ovo ipak evropska utakmica".- Thomas Doll (23.7.2015).

"Imam osjećaj da postoje ljudi koji stalno gledaju u sat kad će nestati Bosna i Hercegovina, to traje predugo. A ne znaju da oni imaju satove, a BiH ima vrijeme." - Haris Silajdžić (6.12.2017).

Last edited by BiHVolim; June 13th, 2017 at 02:26.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2017, 02:26 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Enjoy

"Ovaj pristup je možda dovoljan za mađarsku ligu, ali je ovo ipak evropska utakmica".- Thomas Doll (23.7.2015).

"Imam osjećaj da postoje ljudi koji stalno gledaju u sat kad će nestati Bosna i Hercegovina, to traje predugo. A ne znaju da oni imaju satove, a BiH ima vrijeme." - Haris Silajdžić (6.12.2017).
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2017, 20:38
MI SMO DIVOVI
Star Player

Teams: FK Sarajevo
No offense to the creators, but those are all awful. We already had the most beautiful flag in the world. If the flag were to change again, it should switch back to the one that our soldiers died fighting for.

Sarajevo će biti, sve drugo će proći!

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 00:31 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

History of Bosnia pre dates 1992 - 1996 War.

First flag is the best in my opinion but you gotta satisfy the wants of the other two peoples of Bosnia.

The last motif is an image taken from Kulin Ban 1180–1204 (that little cross in a circle next to Bosnian lily)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Kulin

Also:

Da li smo zaboravili da smo nekad bili kraljevina i to moćna kraljevina?

El Lobo likes this.

Last edited by BiHVolim; June 14th, 2017 at 01:56.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 04:41
MI SMO DIVOVI
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiHVolim View Post
First flag is the best in my opinion but you gotta satisfy the wants of the other two peoples of Bosnia.
Nope. There's absolutely no reason why we should appease anyone that wishes to secede. The problem with this mentality is that it allows Belgrade and/or Zagreb to think they have any say - as if "constituent people" applies to them, too. The flag of RBiH has no historical ethnic connotation. I don't bother responding to obvious lies and provocations regarding that issue, and neither should BiH.

Furthermore, I'm tired of us constantly bringing up the old Kingdom. Anyone with half a brain and access to a library or the internet knows that we have historical legitimacy - the issue is that we feel like we need to keep proving it (read: to our neighbors). The longevity of the name "Bosna" is entirely irrelevant. If we want to "rise again", we need to quit trying to convince someone to play along and just get to work on what we can control. For starters, Sarajevo Canton should instantly eliminate nearly all cantonal bureaucracy. That would save a ton of money and make foreign investment a lot easier.

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 05:58
Rookie

what a tough guy
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 07:46 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranac4690 View Post
The flag of RBiH has no historical ethnic connotation.
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise. Do you realy want Euro stars in your flag? I don't. Plus it represents Dayton (ie split Bosnia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranac4690 View Post
Furthermore, I'm tired of us constantly bringing up the old Kingdom.
Deny your origins of BiH Kingdom, and you deny your true heritage.

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 08:11
YBC
Legend

Quote:
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise.
Good for them, they also don't see BiH as 'theirs' so it shouldn't be an issue. The current BiH flag was changed from the ljiljani precisely because of their demands so it could be a 'neutral' flag yet you still never see them using it but using the tricolour instead. I especially don't think we should feel any need to appease the party that was founded by Radovan Karadžić.
yeniceri likes this.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 08:29 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

It is a sensitive issue. Of course I agree there YBC ^. I am not talking about the genocidal war criminals. I am talking about normal citizens of entire BiH.

They will try and **** off then, or kill us all.

However the way things are now Sarajevo is becoming Islamic capital of Europe.

Kad ovi dobri ljudi (Vikic / Divjak etc) umru, ko ostaje?

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 08:56
MI SMO DIVOVI
Star Player

Quote:
ARBiH fought under that flag. So leaders of HDZ / SDS / SNSD etc will not see it as theirs. We have to find another solution. Current Bosnian flag is a compromise. Do you realy want Euro stars in your flag? I don't. Plus it represents Dayton (ie split Bosnia).
The leaders of HDZ/SDS/etc. don't even see this neutral, meaningless flag as their own - so what's the purpose of changing it again? Sorry, but I see no point in rewarding anyone that gleefully daydreams about carving up our homeland with a say in these matters. Go and see how willing Serbia is to include Albanian or Hungarian symbols on their flag - we're the only ones capable of that much idiotic compromise.
Quote:
Deny your origins of BiH Kingdom, and you deny your true heritage.
I have no idea why you think I'm denying anything - let alone such an important and interesting part of our history.

post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:07 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

So you see no solution to current situation?

Ok, 20 more years of current Bosnia, maybe then something will give.

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:23
YBC
Legend

Quote:

However the way things are now Sarajevo is becoming Islamic capital of Europe.
What?
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:24 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Never mind.

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:30
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Never mind.
Go visit Malmo, Rotherham, Bradford, East London, Birmingham, Marseille, Saint-Denis or any other similar place and then tell me Sarajevo is the "Islamic Capital of Europe"
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:31 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

East London?
East Sarajevo.

Dude, I am over it. It will never be the way it used to be.

post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:34
MI SMO DIVOVI
Star Player

Quote:
So you see no solution to current situation?

Ok, 20 more years of current Bosnia, maybe then something will give.
Of course there are solutions...

1. Restructure Sarajevo Canton such that there is virtually no bureaucracy (something like Brčko). That'll lower the cost of running the government and corruption.
2. Reform any laws dealing with registering/opening a business within the Canton. Attract investors by promising to not tax them for at least five years. We have a lot of unemployed youth that would gladly get paid 10% of what a German earns.
3. Convince shops (small and large) to put every BiH product in one shelf/aisle. A lot of people aren't familiar with every domestic brand and those "Made in BiH" stickers are easy to miss.

I could go on, but these small changes would improve the situation drastically. If Sarajevo Canton did it, others would quickly follow the same model (for the money, not because we're trendsetters). All this nationalistic BS is ultimately because we have far too many idle hands and empty stomachs.
Montedia likes this.

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:39
YBC
Legend

Quote:
East London?
East Sarajevo.

Dude, I am over it. It will never be the way it used to be.
Yeah, I agree. The same as Banja Luka or Mostar. That's the consequence of the war and population displacement.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 09:46
MI SMO DIVOVI
Star Player

Quote:
Kad ovi dobri ljudi (Vikic / Divjak etc) umru, ko ostaje?
There are actually plenty of good people around (young and old). The news just sell more copies of depressing stories because folks from the Balkans love having a reason to drink and complain.

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 14:23 Thread Starter
Wikipedia Editor
Premier Player

Dokaz kako je 500 godina otimana baština BiH - Avaz.ba

Koliko je čega odneseno i gdje se danas to nalazi

U inozemstvu je do sada evidentirano: 56 povelja, 31 papinska bula, 36 bogumilskih vjerskih knjiga, 1 srednjovjekovni roman pisan bosančicom, 2 testamenata, 1 rodoslov „gospode bosanske“, 16 umjetničkih slika, 14 predmeta crkvenog ruha, 3 plašta od kojih 1 kraljevski, 22 umjetnička predmeta od metala, na stotine rimskog i drugog starog novca, na stotine arheoloških predmeta itd. Zemlje u kojima se to blago danas nalazi: Hrvatska, Srbija, Crna Gora, Makedonija, Slovenija, Bugarska, Grčka, Turska, Rusija, Irska, Ukrajina, Austrija, Italija, Njemačka, Mađarska itd. Kada bi se povratio barem dio onoga što je odneseno iz zemlje kroz posljednjih 500 godina trebao nam još jedan Zemaljski muzej da se sve to izloži u njegove vitrine.

Popis blaga koje se nalazi u inozemstvu

Arhivska građa

Povelje

1. Povelja Kulina bana, 12. stoljeće. Postoje tri primjerka. Dva prijepisa originala nalaze se u Dubrovačkom arhivu, treći primjerak koji se smatra originalom ili barem konceptom, nalazi se u Petersburgu u biblioteci Akademije nauka (Gosudarstvena biblioteka) u Rusiji.
2. Povelja kralja Dabiše kćeri Stani, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalazi se u Bečkom državnom arhivu (Austrija).
3. Povelja kralja Dabiše, izdana Hrvoju Vukčiću, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalati se u Dubrovačkom arhivu (Hrvatska) u Narodnom muizeju u Budimpešti (Mađarska)
4. Povelja braće Sankovića, izdana Dubrovniku, pisana bosančicom, 14. stoljeće, nalazi se u Bečkom državnom arhivu (Austrija).
5. Povelja kralja Stjepana Ostojića, izdana braći Dragišićima, pisana bosančicom, 15. stoljeće, nalazi se u Historijskom institutu Hrvatske akademije znanosti i u mjetnosti u Zagrebu (Hrvatska).
6. Povelja iz arhiva Bosanske franjevačke vikarije. Nalazi se u arhivu Franjevačkog samostana u Gyöngyösu u Mađarskoj (neistraženo)
itd ....(dalje slijedi popis svih otuđenih predmeta)

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2017, 14:28
YBC
Legend

It's better than having it in a country which can't even keep its national museum open.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in