2014 FIFA World Cup| Nigeria vs. BIH| 21.06.2014|Arena Pantanal - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 15:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
2014 FIFA World Cup| Nigeria vs. BIH| 21.06.2014|Arena Pantanal

No word yet on potential lineup changes, nor who the referee is this time around. Nigeria did not look that impressive aside from the first 15minutes of play vs. Iran. But it is not easy to play a team like Iran who park the bus. I wouldn't under-rate the Nigerians though based on that game, they are better than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 15:42
YBC
Legend

Let's hope we don't have to see this guy anywhere in or around the starting XI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ermin-bicakcic
post #3 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 15:44
U Mad Buraz?
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FK Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Jonathan Wilson had a tweet that pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Jonathan Wilson @jonawils · 17h
@sasaibrulj Nigeria will be much better when they can sit deep and absorb pressure. Taking the game to opponents not their strength.
I still think we have the quality to get the 3 points, but as with Argentina, scoring first will be crucial.

FK Sarajevo

- Bosnian-Herzegovinian (BiH) club with the most Yugoslav championships
- BiH club with the most appearances and longest continuous stay in top flight football
- The most succesful BiH club on the Yugoslav league's all-time table
- The most succesful club on the BiH Premier League's all-time table
- BiH club with the most appearances in international and UEFA competition

post #4 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 15:55
U Mad Buraz?
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FK Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBlueCoke View Post
Let's hope we don't have to see this guy anywhere in or around the starting XI

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ermin-bicakcic
There's really no reason to be quite that harsh man. I agree that the guy had a poor game and was a major liability, but he's still ours, plays his heart out and deserves a little more respect than that. At the end of the day, if he hadn't headed in that goal vs. Slovakia, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

The article itself is pretty good though. As they say, the guy has clear strengths... blocking shots, aerial duals... that also carries over into set pieces, as we saw vs. Žilina. Obviously he made some really poor decisions last night, but that's the sort of thing that young players like him can improve over time, with experience. I think Mani or someone else mentioned that it usually takes a while for defenders to really mature and hit their stride, and I agree; people forget how much of a liability Spahicć could be when he was starting out with the NT.

FK Sarajevo

- Bosnian-Herzegovinian (BiH) club with the most Yugoslav championships
- BiH club with the most appearances and longest continuous stay in top flight football
- The most succesful BiH club on the Yugoslav league's all-time table
- The most succesful club on the BiH Premier League's all-time table
- BiH club with the most appearances in international and UEFA competition
post #5 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:06 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Džoni B. Dobar View Post

The article itself is pretty good though. As they say, the guy has clear strengths... blocking shots, aerial duals... that also carries over into set pieces, as we saw vs. Žilina. Obviously he made some really poor decisions last night, but that's the sort of thing that young players like him can improve over time, with experience. I think Mani or someone else mentioned that it usually takes a while for defenders to really mature and hit their stride, and I agree; people forget how much of a liability Spahicć could be when he was starting out with the NT.
Spahic made some really weird and bad decisions vs Argentina, it just didn't cost us. It is hard to describe the scenarios but there was one where he had possesion of the ball around our box (many Argentines around him), but he had time to chip it out, instead he made this really really short pass to an Argentina player that was behind him (it was hard to believe that he didn't do that on purpose how bad it was).

But again, you have to look at the totality of his game, and Spaha was a rock for most part. He is really tough to beat one one one, but he has brainfarts with the ball on occasion. It seems like Spahic is sometimes too calm with the ball, or maybe a bit unaware of his surroundings.
post #6 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:15
Rookie

You have to remember, this was Bico's first game after being injured for a very long time and he was facing Messi and Aguero, argueably the best forwards of the game, in our first ever historic WC game. The fact we played in a sold out stadium like Maracana in front of 70000+ spectators didn't help him calm down either. I think he did well under the pressure and even though he was to blame for the second goal, he still managed to hold his own throughout the match. I give him props for that.
post #7 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:18
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by besic7 View Post
You have to remember, this was Bico's first game after being injured for a very long time and he was facing Messi and Aguero, argueably the best forwards of the game, in our first ever historic WC game. The fact we played in a sold out stadium like Maracana in front of 70000+ spectators didn't help him calm down either. I think he did well under the pressure and even though he was to blame for the second goal, he still managed to hold his own throughout the match. I give him props for that.
He was to blame for both goals, actually.

What's better in your guys eyes?

Salihovic LB, Kolasinac CB or Kolasinac LB Bicakcic CB?
post #8 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:19 Thread Starter
Legend

Na treningu se pojavio i Vedad Ibišević, strijelac prvog, historijskog gola za bh. reprezentaciju na Svjetskom prvenstvu. Novinari su selektora Sušića pitali da li razmišlja o promjenama u sastavu za drugu utakmicu s Nigerijom koja se igra u subotu u ponoć po srednjeevropskom vremenu.

“Razmišljam. Vedo će sigurno igrati u utakmici u kojoj budemo morali ići na pobjedu. Razmišljam još uvijek i razmišljat ću hoće li to biti u utakmici s Nigerijom. Ne smijemo biti naivni. Poraz nas šalje kući, a Nigerijci su veoma opasni kada imaju prostora što znači da ne smijemo jurnuti od starta po svaku cijenu. Nama je bod potrebniji nego njima. O sastavu i taktici ću odlučuti u predstojećim danima”, rekao je popularni Pape.

Source: reprezentacija.ba

So seems there is a possibility that Ibisevic may not start.
post #9 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:20
Rookie

Quote:
He was to blame for both goals, actually.

What's better in your guys eyes?

Salihovic LB, Kolasinac CB or Kolasinac LB Bicakcic CB?
No, not the first goal. I think our whole team should've done better. I see most people blaming Bico for it, but don't forget Mujdza was to blame for giving the free kick away in the first place.
post #10 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:27
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by besic7 View Post
No, not the first goal. I think our whole team should've done better. I see most people blaming Bico for it, but don't forget Mujdza was to blame for giving the free kick away in the first place.
He was to blame for the first goal, hard to say otherwise. No defender should duck away from a header. If you read the BR article, it gives other examples where he does other similar things.
post #11 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 16:45
Rookie

Quote:
He was to blame for the first goal, hard to say otherwise. No defender should duck away from a header. If you read the BR article, it gives other examples where he does other similar things.
I agree, but in my opinion, Mujdza shouldn't have made that stupid foul in the first place and Spahic should've done a better job clearing the ball as well. What Bico did was dumb, but it's not fair to blame everything on him.
post #12 of 184 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2014, 17:33
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
I'm off to BiH this friday and I'll be in Tuzla when we play against Nigeria! Can't wait, must be fantastic support in the homeland these days. If we win it will be crazy.
post #13 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 04:56 Thread Starter
Legend

Any of you have an idea how big of a loss it is for Nigeria to lose Oboabona? (their defender)
post #14 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 06:15
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
Any of you have an idea how big of a loss it is for Nigeria to lose Oboabona? (their defender)
They play collectively defensively so even with another option it is not going to change the equation a whole lot.

Nigeria's problem is the finishing touch. They do a great job when it comes getting in some low crosses in the box but they have trouble taking advantage of these opportunities.

If they think your full-backs are shit, guys like Victor Moses will straight up dribble through them and actually challenge them. Your fullbacks have to be at their best, especially guys like Mensur who are not 100%. If you can make it tough for their wingers you've got down a good 30-40% of their game. They're much weaker and mediocre centrally.

I was impressed with Victor Moses the most during Iran. He was their most dangerous player for us. Eminenke was avg and Onazi didn't impress me. With that said they will definitely step it up now.

Peter Odemwingie and Victor Moses though impressed me the most. Odemwingie came on as a super sub but I think there's a good chance now that he will actually start for Nigeria because they didn't have the same kind of fight, creativity, and skill when he wasn't on the pitch.
post #15 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 06:40
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Reading susic's comments I think we will start this match with the same lineup as Argentina game with vedo coming in at half time if we're chasing a goal

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #16 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 14:36
International

That would be a good idea, I would only start with two strikers against Iran.
post #17 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 16:03
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
Big. He's a key player for them and now he's out so i think you can imagine how big of a loss it is for them.
post #18 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 16:05
International

It's a big loss because they are already without Echiéjilé, their main LB. That would be like BIH loosing both Kolasinac and Spahic.
post #19 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 17:57
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozniaN View Post
I'm off to BiH this friday and I'll be in Tuzla when we play against Nigeria! Can't wait, must be fantastic support in the homeland these days. If we win it will be crazy.
Have fun and stay safe.
post #20 of 184 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 19:03
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Thanks man.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in