World Cup 2014 Brazil: BiH squad - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Which 23 players should we choose?
Begovic 5 100.00%
Avdukic 1 20.00%
Sehic 3 60.00%
Buric 3 60.00%
Kolasinac 5 100.00%
Arslanagic 3 60.00%
Besic 3 60.00%
Spahic 5 100.00%
Vranjes 5 100.00%
Sunjic 1 20.00%
Pandza 2 40.00%
Zukanovic 3 60.00%
Bicakcic 4 80.00%
Medunjanin 5 100.00%
Zahirovic 5 100.00%
Cimirot 1 20.00%
Salihovic 5 100.00%
Visca 5 100.00%
Stevanovic 4 80.00%
Lulic 5 100.00%
Hajrovic 5 100.00%
Pjanic 4 80.00%
Misimovic 5 100.00%
Ibisevic 5 100.00%
Dzeko 5 100.00%
Hodzic 2 40.00%
Hrgota 1 20.00%
Duljevic 0 0%
Ibricic 1 20.00%
Rahimic 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 17:10 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

World Cup 2014 Brazil: BiH squad

Seeing as all other forums have this, I thought we should open one too. Feel free to pick 23 out of those in the poll.

Guarantees to be in the squad:

Begovic

Spahic
Mujdza
Vranjes
Kolasinac
Zukanovic
Sunjic

Misimovic
Pjanic
Lulic
Dzeko
Ibisevic
Medunjanin
Zahirovic

I didn't include Prcic, Vrsajevic and Tino-Sven Susic in the poll because I don't believe they have enough quality to be in the squad or they simply won't be called up.

Others:

Vrsajevic 1 vote
Fejzic 1 vote
TSS 1 vote

Last edited by YBC; April 18th, 2014 at 12:36.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 17:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
I don't think Zahirovic, Zukanovic and Sunjic are guarantees. They'll probably be in the squad, but guaranteed is a strong word. I'd also be suprised if Vrsajevic doesn't get called up.

I'd go with:

Begovic
Fejzic
Buric

Spahic
Kolasinac
Vranjes
Mujdza
Bicakcic
Zukanovic
Sunjic

Salihovic
Pjanic
Misimovic
Zahirovic
Rahimic
Medunjanin
Lulic
Hajrovic
Visca
Stevanovic

Dzeko
Ibisevic
Zec

Hopefuly I didn't forget someone important

--------------- Begovic
Mujdza -- Bicakcic - Spahic - Kolasinac
----------- Pjanic -- Salihovic
Hajrovic ------ Misimovic -------- Lulic
---------------- Dzeko

Bench:

GK: Buric
D: Vranjes
D: Zukanovic
M: Zahirovic
M: Medunjanin
M: Visca
F: Ibisevic

Then you have Buric, Rahimic, Stevanovic and Zec left should someone get injured. I'd rather have Rahimic there than let's say T.Susic or Hadzic. He has the experience to help in the locker room and maybe even enter in the last 5-10 minutes if we have to defend a lead. He can do that like very few can.

Then a lot depends on Misimovic's fitness. In the world cup you need runners and maybe it would be best if he started from the bench with Pjanic operating behind Dzeko. With Zahirovic/Medunjanin playing alongside Salihovic in midfield depending on the opponent.

That's my ideal squad and first team but Susic will obviously have something different in mind.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 17:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Looking at the poll I wouldn't mind Besic, Ibricic and Arslanagic there either.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 18:42
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
Looking at the poll I wouldn't mind Besic, Ibricic and Arslanagic there either.
I'd replace Sunjic with Arslanagic

Besic is a must considering he can play at DM
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 18:50
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
I guess most of the names should be pretty obvious. Obviously we are all praying that Besic gets called, and I do have hope since he was called for the last U21 get-together and actually showed up.

The one name I'd like to see is Zukanovic, as I think he's earned it with his play. I wasn't all that impressed in the one game I saw him, but it is one game.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 19:28 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Roughly speaking I'd like to see one or two new faces such as Hodzic or Hrgota in the squad. DJ Bungi, if you're around, what's going on recently?

Zukanovic is an average player, didn't impress me one bit in any match he played. Arslanagic is one I'd like to see, in my objective opinion he's better than Bicakcic whose team is bottom place in the Bundesliga.

Besic and Prcic are both solid choices for the CDM spot and I'd rather those two over Zahirovic, Tino-Sven Susic, Anel Hadzic or any other scrub Susic can think up.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 19:47
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Arslanagic's paper work will probably not be done in time.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 19:52 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Who else are the potentials, am I forgetting anyone?
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 21:25
Forum Manager
Star Player

These players will be there if they're healthy:

Begovic, Mujdza, Spahic, Vranjes, Bicakcic, Kolasinac, Medunjanin, Pjanic, Salihovic, Hajrovic, Lulic, Misimovic, Dzeko, Ibisevic

The other two keepers will probably be Fejzic and Avdukic. Buric has been injured since July and isn't even on the radar it seems so I doubt we see any surprises there.

That leaves seven spots, three of which I think will go to Zukanovic, Visca, and Vrsajevic.

Susic, Ibricic, Zahirovic, Stevanovic, Hadzic, Kvrzic, and Rahimic to fight it out for the last four spots.

Don't think we'll see any surprises or new faces unless someone like Arslanagic gets his papers in time which is unlikely.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2014, 21:33 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Azulgrana. View Post
These players will be there if they're healthy:

Begovic, Mujdza, Spahic, Vranjes, Bicakcic, Kolasinac, Medunjanin, Pjanic, Salihovic, Hajrovic, Lulic, Misimovic, Dzeko, Ibisevic

The other two keepers will probably be Fejzic and Avdukic. Buric has been injured since July and isn't even on the radar it seems so I doubt we see any surprises there.

That leaves seven spots, three of which I think will go to Zukanovic, Visca, and Vrsajevic.

Susic, Ibricic, Zahirovic, Stevanovic, Hadzic, Kvrzic, and Rahimic to fight it out for the last four spots.

Don't think we'll see any surprises or new faces unless someone like Arslanagic gets his papers in time which is unlikely.
What's the need for Vrsajevic? We already have 2 right backs.
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 02:08
Forum Manager
Star Player

Pretty sure Susic sees Vranjes as a CB and Vrsajevic as a utility man who can cover several positions (he's played at least three different roles in qualifying). He's been in the team regularly for a couple of years now so I think he'll go, even though I don't necessarily agree with calling up a Hajduk rotational player for a World Cup.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 03:27
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
you'll beat Argentina 2-1, word
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 05:20
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
Vrsajevic will be on the list 100% and deserves it.. Played the full 90 in our final game of qualifying and played a part in a few others on the way as well.. A lot would say he isnt good enough and he probably isnt but we dont have any better... If Mujdza is fit the equation is simple.. Mujdza fit=Vrsajevic bench and wont see a minute of action at the world cup.

Not even including him in the poll is a disgrace. Fejzic also not on the list and he will be at the world cup 100%, was included in every single qualifier and plays at his club. No reason for him not to be included..

I wouldnt select half those players you put on your supposed list of possible call ups.. I picked 17-18 and that was a struggle..

If i was susic i wouldnt even take 23 cause we dont even have 23 that are up to world cup level.. Least 5 on the list wont play even a minute at the cup, just making up numbers...

As long as Beg-Mujdza-kolasinac-spaha-bico-pandza-vranjes-medo-pjana-miske-salih-lula-dzeko-ibi and visca are fit and are on the list i couldnt give two fcks who the other 9 names are...

Also you dont have either susic or hadzic on your poll when they actually have played for us but yet you have hrgota,duljovic,arslanagic,hodzic, cimirot

Didnt put cocalic on there either...

Poserem ti se na tvoj siri spisak..

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 09:39
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Actually Emir Dilaver (Austria Wien) is probably better than Vrsajevic. Then also Vranjes can play RB. Hell, I'd even choose Besic over Vrsejvic at RB.

Only situation I see any potential use for Avdija is in the last 10-15 minutes of a game when we need pace on the right flank, he'd definitely be the man for the job.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 13:29
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBlueCoke View Post
Cocalic?

Pandza also?
im not a fan of cocalic but many on here are...

Pandza is a beast.. was faultless during euro2012 qualies and deserves a call up.

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 13:32 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarez01 View Post
im not a fan of cocalic but many on here are...

Pandza is a beast.. was faultless during euro2012 qualies and deserves a call up.
Ok, anyway the poll is juts a representation of a few players. I will tally up all votes at the end and pick the highest voted 23.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2014, 14:42
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
Cocalic ain't getting a call up although I would like him to

Even tho Pandza plays in Poland I'd rather take him then Sunjic.

Pandza has shown more on the NT level and let's get real because outside of 3 teams there really is not much difference in quality between polish and Ukrainian leagues anyways.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2014, 15:11 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Here it is:

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2014, 16:16
International

Decent list. I would have loved to see players like Pandza instead of Sunjic and Zukanovic and possibly a 3rd striker but it could have been a lot worse.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2014, 16:27
U Mad Buraz?
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FK Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
The list isn't so bad. I'm glad Besic made it, I think it'll be crucial to have an actual DM on there. Zec should have been on there as well IMO, it's a shame Susic snubbed him. Beyond that I think Prcic might be the only other obvious choice in terms of individual form and quality, but it's his own fault for talking his way out of a spot. Arslanagic is a similar case, though we'd need to sort his papers out fist.

Susic Jr. is a waste of space, as are Sunjic and Avdukic. Vrsajevic is a really poor player, but we just don't have a better attack-minded RB, which is what Susic requires; hopefully in another 6 months Hebibovic will come into his own. Mes gave a pretty good analysis in one of the other threads on why it's such a shame that Stevanovic didn't have more success in Spain. Scuk has been on a good run of form, but I'd want to see him in a friendly before making any further judgement.

The key thing though, is that we're quibbling over details. All of the major players are there. Zec would have been nice, for instance, but I doubt he's a player that would have made some significant difference. Having a DM in Besic is the only surprise that really matters here one way or the other.

FK Sarajevo

- Bosnian-Herzegovinian (BiH) club with the most Yugoslav championships
- BiH club with the most appearances and longest continuous stay in top flight football
- The most succesful BiH club on the Yugoslav league's all-time table
- The most succesful club on the BiH Premier League's all-time table
- BiH club with the most appearances in international and UEFA competition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in