World Cup 2014 planning - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 17:48 Thread Starter
Zmajevici !
International

Teams: FK Novi Pazar
World Cup 2014 planning

So I booked my flight today, haven't booked the flights between the cities in Brazil yet nor the hotels so if you guys have suggestions, please do so here (Bonsnian Lillie, barbarez). I am looking at booking hotels with the BHF peeps from the Benelux. So it's only me and 2 other posters here going? Bloody shame peeps.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 18:06
YBC
Legend

WTF? Why don't you just fly BA to Rio rather than stopping in Lisbon and Porto?
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2013, 18:10 Thread Starter
Zmajevici !
International

BA? This was the cheapest skyscanner gave me on the dates i can get off work.

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 00:03
YBC
Legend

British Airways
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 01:03
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
as for the flights within BRazil, with TAM you can get a 100€ flight to Cuiabá via Sao Paulo on 20. june if you are quick. there are no direct flights from RJ to Cuiabá.

in Cuiabá there are a couple of budget options with good service for accomodation, like the Gran Odara, Hits Pantanal (close to airport), Mangabeiras, Sansaed, Mato Grosso Palace, between 50 and 80€ for a room. some hostels too if you are more low-key, like the Ecoverde and Pantanal Hostel, with 30€ stuff. if you are into sights and hiking, the city itself doesn't deliver much from that point of view and the Pantanal which is awesome you might not have enough time for it, but there is the Chapada do Guimaraes north of town which is an awesome place to visit, 1-2 days is enough for that one and you can enjoy the southern end of the Amazon region by doing so.

flights from Cuiabá to Salvador, no direct flights with TAM, but via SP again, as I can see they are only from 125€ on 24. june for example.
if you are there, you might wanna stay at Catharina Paraguacu Hotel in Rio Vermelho neighbourhood (not far from airport, stadion and nightlife, is quite a safe place too) is a good option at medium price (80€) and I can really recommend it from own experience, but there are cheaper options too, like Pedra da Concha, Golden Park, Pousada Noa-Noa, Vila Velha, Jaguaribe Praia, Atlantico.

dunno if you are already booked at a RJ hotel and dunno about your budget either, first choice would be Ipanema or Leblon to stay but the places there are all very pricey. if you plan to spend less on that, you might wannna end up in a hotel in Catete, Flamengo, Botafogo, Urca or Santa Teresa. there are dozens of them.

you may ask me about any further info if you want, can recommend you good places to stay at any price level, to eat and visit at all of those places.
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 10:31 Thread Starter
Zmajevici !
International

cool man, thanks for the tips awesomeness indeed, have you lived in Brazil or did you just visit it often?
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 14:04
Xtratime Elite

visited often. studied there, worked there, travelled there. writing a travel guide for brazil as we speak, hence am kinda living data base for it
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2013, 21:11
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
so you'll be our guide for Brazil then szövkap

In Rio my plan is to visit the Jesus Christ statue and go on Sugarloaf Mountain.. the rest of my 9 nights in Rio will be spent on the Copacabana with a beer in hand.

In Cuiaba got no clue what to do there, not much there by the looks of it apart from that its the Centre point of South America.. so looks like itll just be a piss up the whole 3 nights..

Salvador not sure either but a lot of beach going and drinking will do me..

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 11:33
International

Last chance applications for tickets begin in 30min on Fifa.com.. going to try and secure tix to Spain vs Chile in Rio..

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 11:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Dirlija, how much do you think it will cost you all in? Barbarez same question to you eventhough it's quite different from Australia I assume.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 12:00
International

its cost me roughly $8500 AUD accom, flights and match tix.

spending money not included.. also still need to organise 2 more domestic flights in brazil and 4 more nights accom for Round of 16 match..

Legende BH Fudbala:

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 13:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Could have bought a house in the homeland

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 13:22
International

ma jebo kucu, odoh brazilkinje ganjat

Legende BH Fudbala:

post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 14:04
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarez01 View Post
its cost me roughly $8500 AUD accom, flights and match tix.

spending money not included.. also still need to organise 2 more domestic flights in brazil and 4 more nights accom for Round of 16 match..
that'll be another 1,000 AUD, plus spending money about 50-100 AUD per day, depending on your standards
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old March 12th, 2014, 14:29
International

Live once.. Not going to take any money with you when youre 6 feet under

Legende BH Fudbala:

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2014, 22:37 Thread Starter
Zmajevici !
International

about 3500 gbp for me I think. Far amount less than barba, but I also went for 4 matches in 4 cities. Are you considering going still Yashi?
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2014, 01:41
International

Im not sure what to do about the Round of 16 match.. Its either going to be in Sao Paolo or Brasilia... And we wont know that till the group finishes.. Dont know if i should buy flight tix for both cities now or risk it and leave it till after the iran match when we find out exactly where it is.. Im scared that there wont be any flights available when leaving it to a day or 2 before having to fly......

Legende BH Fudbala:

post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2014, 01:50 Thread Starter
Zmajevici !
International

I purchased tix and paid for the hotel already for Brasilia mate, if I need to change then **** it I will but probability states that we are going to Brasilia.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2014, 02:14
International

yes more than likely its going to be Brasilia, al nikad se nezna lopta je okrugla... i wouldnt go as far as booking accom just yet, just want to get my flights sorted a za hotel nebi trebo bit problem...

Basically Argentina has first spot guaranteed... therefore round of 16 for them is Sao Paolo

Battle for second is between us and Nigeria... therefore Brasilia

We are more likely to finish third than finish first so seeing Bosna play in Sao Paolo is highly unlikely... but in the case we finish out of the top two our Round of 16 tix get carried over to the top team in our group, therefore get to watch Argies in Sao Paolo....

ridiculous situation and fifa should have done something about this because im pretty sure all fans of all countries participating are coming across this issue...

Legende BH Fudbala:

post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2014, 13:44
Rising Star

i doubt many of us from europe are going to brazil. its a huge expense. i think our countrymen from usa continent will so at least our team will have support there. enjoy your stay dirlija. i guess you only live once. i'll be rooting for our team from tv.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in