I want to be FM again - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Do you want Manijak to be an FM? (BiH posters ONLY)
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 16:33 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
I want to be FM again

So I'm sad at the current state of our Bosnian section. The place is dead, there is little commitment from the good posters, there is few decent new members, and tons of clueless/troll members.

After I created the forum in 2002, it was for a long time a place that intelligent, mature, and constructive discussion took place. In the end, it is just a forum, but since we are all passionate about footy, I know that all the legends of this forum wish that they could share these great Bosnian footy moments with a smart mature group of posters . I know many of us are busy but we will always have time for footy, it just a question if we want to spend it here.

I expressed my wish today for one of the former legends to return but he said he had left long time ago because quite a few of the posters were so clueless that it ruined the section.

While I know some of you may have disagreed with some things I've said in the past, (with good reason) let's move on together, and let's take this forum back.

Despite being very busy, I know what I'm doing and it won't take as much time as one would think. It's worth a short right?

So if you guys wish to have a poll to let us decide democratically, I would of course be for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 16:48
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
So I'm sad at the current state of our Bosnian section. The place is dead, there is little commitment from the good posters, there is few decent new members, and tons of clueless/troll members.
To be honest I don't see much difference now than how the forum was 5 years ago. It's definitely not dead since it's a whole bunch of new posts every day, but there sure are few new members. Don't know why, there should be more members now when the NT is doing good?

But I have a question, why would you need FM status to "fix" the forum? There are some trolling and crazy members but we have 3 mods on the board already. Getting new members here can be done without being a FM.

Last edited by BozniaN; September 21st, 2013 at 17:01.
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
I'm in favor of this. Velez isn't around anymore and I don't think MC does a lot of moderating lately (he can correct me if I'm wrong).

I asked to be made FM a few months ago to clear this forum from the bs from idiotic kids. But my request was ignored several times.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:20
Zmajevici !
International

Teams: FK Novi Pazar
No, you'll gain him but im gone, its bad enough this trash is back.
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:23 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozniaN View Post
To be honest I don't see much difference now than how the forum was 5 years ago. It's definitely not dead since it's a whole bunch of new posts every day, but there sure are few new members. Don't know why, there should be more members now when the NT is doing good?

But I have a question, why would you need FM status to "fix" the forum? There are some trolling and crazy members but we have 3 mods on the board already. Getting new members here can be done without being a FM.
You can't ask people to become members if you can't gurantee them that certain rules/values will be enforced.

I'd disagree that this forum is that busy and I certaintly think that 90% of the posts are pointless drivel. I wouldn't get into that further as it would be disrespectful to certain posters.
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:24
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
I echo what BozniaN said, you dont necessarily need to be a FM to improve a forum, if its about promoting better discussions and such. But if a hands on moderator is needed, yeah that can be arranged surely. No need for polls though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlija View Post
No, you'll gain him but im gone
Hey Manijak:

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:25 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
you dont necessarily need to be a FM to improve a forum
Please read above.
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:27
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
I did, I was speaking in general, but yeah if the issues are to the degree where the current mods cant handle them (and considering how annoying Bosnian trolls are in other sections, I can sympathetize p) , then someone can be added to help out. But I would like to hear what current mods think of this dire sitaution you describe though. And what can be done about it, its a collective responsibility for everyone who post here to address it too, surely not something that will just be solved by adding an extra FM.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:40
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak
You can't ask people to become members if you can't gurantee them that certain rules/values will be enforced.
In my opinion the mods are doing a good job, but I think they're to kind sometimes. Usually they react only once a thread goes totally out of control. But that's not only their fault since the whole XT community seems to be soft with the rules (just look at the EE board). Nobody wants to be that mod nazi that deletes every offensive/stupid post, that can be both good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak
I'd disagree that this forum is that busy and I certaintly think that 90% of the posts are pointless drivel. I wouldn't get into that further as it would be disrespectful to certain posters.
I think you have some nostalgic goggles on, the forum hasn't changed that much when it comes to posts. Sure some oldies aren't that active anymore which is very sad, but you can't force someone to post here. I have been here since 2004 and I can't remember that we had some fantastic discussions with filled with great posts etc.
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:40 Thread Starter
Legend

I don't think we need 4 FM's. We just need a couple that understand the job description, they need to be good leaders, and the regulars have to have faith in them to improve the forum.

This is not a disrespect thing to the current mods, I just think nobody truly has control over this forum, and nobody is really doing anything more than editing posts. Promoting good discussions will not work in this kind of environment. Just my opinion.
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:46
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
I'm in favor of this. Velez isn't around anymore and I don't think MC does a lot of moderating lately (he can correct me if I'm wrong).

I asked to be made FM a few months ago to clear this forum from the bs from idiotic kids. But my request was ignored several times.
Brilliant let it stay that way.
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:47 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
I think you have some nostalgic goggles on, the forum hasn't changed that much when it comes to posts. Sure some oldies aren't that active anymore which is very sad, but you can't force someone to post here. I have been here since 2004 and I can't remember that we had some fantastic discussions with filled with great posts etc.
I'm open to the idea that I'm blind. I remember and know different, however.

I would let the regulars speak but two of the big ones are not even here (Velez and Runar) because they got tired of the forum. Adnan seems to agree since he wanted to be mod too. And I'm sure few others agree as well.
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 18:53 Thread Starter
Legend

And if these comments BosniaN are at all based on your feelings towards me on a personal level, I'll gladly support Adnan for FM. (and to reduce our FM's to just two) And I'd be glad to offer any advice to Ado if he needed it.
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 19:19
World Class Player

I think you were a good poster, a Zeljo and NT supporter just like me and then you screwed it up with those comments in the Mladic thread. I don't hate you, I'm not even pissed at you but I don't know where you stand today. I want the mods here to be pro-BiH and look after our posters first and foremost. Not some "oh but let's hear their side of the story aswell"-crap like in the thread I mentioned above.
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 19:26
Zmajevici !
International

Quote:
I think you were a good poster, a Zeljo and NT supporter just like me and then you screwed it up with those comments in the Mladic thread. I don't hate you, I'm not even pissed at you but I don't know where you stand today. I want the mods here to be pro-BiH and look after our posters first and foremost. Not some "oh but let's hear their side of the story aswell"-crap like in the thread I mentioned above.
Patrioti znaju zasto. :thmbup:
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 19:27 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
I can only tell you that I made ignorant comments (because I knew little about the war) but they were not meant to be callous. I would have not created this forum if I was not pro-BIH or talked about the NT like crazy (sometimes talking to myself initially when almost nobody was here)

The other thing that I can tell you is that when I created this forum, I was not at all interested in politics. I'd like us to go back to that. Part of the issue today is that we have posters here who are politics first, footy second. They seem to know little about the sport. They aren't really contributing to the discusion.

I respect your right to feel how you choose.
post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 19:35
Zmajevici !
International

It's been a while since I have seen so many lines of text with so little content. The problem back in the day was that one couldn't utter a word about politics, since then we have evolved to where it is allowed and hardly anyone talks about it anymore.

PS. the thread refereed to again was in the lounge, strictly off limits of the BiH subforum at the time.
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 19:40
World Class Player

Ok, fair enough.

I will be neutral in this voting, I don't think more mods are necessary but some posters might think it's a good idea.
post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 20:07 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
since then we have evolved to where it is allowed and hardly anyone talks about it anymore.

There are three kinds of posters when it comes to political discussions.

1. You have the posters that understand politics, have degrees in it, or are really well-read, and can articulate positions in a reasonable and respectful manner.

2. You have posters that only understand politics at the rudimentary level (usually have little interest in it) but discuss politics because they have mental/emotional issues and it is their way to project their insecurities/desperation/fear.

3. You have the posters that make short posts mostly related to maintaining peace and don't have interest in politics.

I have a polisci degree and quite a lot of knowledge about Canadian/American politics. The thing I've noticed is that if you actually take the time to articulate positions and talk about issues in-depth- the history, the concepts, the different party positions, the people in the 2nd group basically start saying "I don't want to talk about this anymore..politics sucks, etc" or swear at you, etc So political discussions are great if people want to respect each other, if they take time to articulate their positions, and they have actual interest in politics. If the interest stems from nationalism, projecting emotional issues on to others, etc, then we have issues.

People stopped talking about politics despite it being allowed because most people here are not interested in raising the level of discussion and discussing political concepts.

In saying that this is not a politics forum I'm suggesting that we have posters here who never came to xtratime to discuss footy, it was more about the politics. Hooligans go to soccer games but I'd never suggest their main interest is the actual footy. We can't have those types of people here.
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2013, 21:19
World Class Player

Teams: Bosnia NT
Quote:
(just look at the EE board). Nobody wants to be that mod nazi that deletes every offensive/stupid post, that can be both good and bad.
TBH the WWE was created for the sole purpose of containing flame wars and sheer randomness into one section.

In that regard, it's been a success (if you can call it that) and a good place for banter :thmbup:
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in