Alen Halilovic - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 603 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2012, 14:04 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Alen Halilovic

Despite his robust protests, Zoran Mamic has to know Alen Halilovic is only marking time at Dinamo Zagreb.

Mamic, the charismatic, outspoken Dinamo sports chief has already successfully withstood an aggressive approach from Real Madrid for the teen. And with the full weight of the Croatian FA behind him, convinced Halilovic and his father to commit to a long-term contract.

But with representatives of Manchester United and Manchester City now showing their face in Zagreb and offering their thoughts to the local press, Mamic knows the hype around Halilovic is not going to subside.

"He is an extraordinary talent. Incredibly powerful with the ball for his age. We know that he's been mentioned throughout Europe as the best we'll see in the next few years in his position," says Dinamo academy director Romea Jozaka.

Jozaka also worked with Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric when he was coming through the Dinamo system and rates Halilovic well ahead of the Croatian icon at the same age.

"I watched Luka at the same age and it seems to me that Alen is a step, maybe two in front of him. However, Modric has this character that made him make the most of his God-given talent and to become one of the best midfielders in the world."

With his floppy hairstyle and busy style of running, Halilovic is the spitting image of Modric. And like the former Spurs star, is a natural No10.

"He has a unique technical ability and a great knack of finding his teammates with the ball," continued Jozaka. "In one on ones, he's virtually unbeatable.

"But now he's entering a phase where his natural skill needs to be upgraded. He must learn the other sides of the game."

Real know all about Halilovic, having had the then 14 year-old spend four days training with their junior team last year. Coaching staff immediately were comparing him with Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

"Everyone here knows he will be a sensation," one Madrid source said. "When he has the ball, he is reminiscent of Lionel Messi."

Real showed their hand last year, making a serious attempt to lure Halilovic to Spain as Dinamo pushed to get his signature on a long-term contract. Mamic was furious and worked with the Croatian FA to threaten the youngster with a playing ban until he turned 18. Complicating matters was that Halilovic's father, Sejad, is part of Dinamo's youth coaching staff and a former player.

In the end, sanity prevailed and the Halilovic family agreed to sign forms. Since then, Alen has been rewarded with promotion to the senior squad by manager Ante Cacic.

"Surely this is a great talent, a pearl of our football schools that we have long recognized. The objective is, through work and training with the first team, to bring him to the highest level," said Cacic.

Halilovic enjoyed his first training session with Cacic's squad last week.

"This is certainly a great honor and the greatest possible incentive to continue here. The mere fact that I was able to enter the first team dressing room and did a workout is unbelievable for me.

"I now will work hard to justify the trust they've shown in me."

It was during the week of Halilovic's promotion that news broke in the Zagreb press of interest from United and City. Both Manchester giants have detailed dossiers on the youngster and testimonies from trusted local scouts and coaching identities.

Despite the frenzied interest around the teen, Jozaka insists Dinamo is the best place for him.

"Hs father Sejad cares about his career and obviously has some sort of different vision of the future for Alen. But I should mention he's been offered a contract worth three times more than his peers. It's too easy to say he's already made it. There's hard work ahead of him. He's still only a young player. He has it all to prove."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...dvhrsivXZCI.99

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 603 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2012, 23:08
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
YBC, if this lad ends up playing for Bosnia and Herzegovina it will be a miracle. He was born and raised in Zagreb and is in the Croatian youth selections. Nice idea but until he declares for Bosnia then this thread is in the wrong forum, imho

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #3 of 603 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2012, 23:09 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

It seems they take Croats from Bosnia and even Bosnians in Croatia. I mean, look man, what about Jelavic who was born and raised in Bosnia and started off in Bosnia, but plays for Cro?

post #4 of 603 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2012, 10:17
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBlueCoke View Post
It seems they take Croats from Bosnia and even Bosnians in Croatia. I mean, look man, what about Jelavic who was born and raised in Bosnia and started off in Bosnia, but plays for Cro?
Yeah, but that is changing. Sunjic and Markic would be nailed on for Croatia in years past, but not now.

To be fair, Halilovic has probably spent 90% of his life in Zagreb, he is in the Croatian system and they have expended resources training him. If he does come over to BiH that's a bonus, but we can't expect it.

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #5 of 603 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2012, 13:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Mamić has Halilović in his evil clutches so I think it's unlikely the kid will play for anyone else but Croatia...anyway, he's a talent but he hasn't taken any steps in senior football yet, let's be patient and see how it unfolds...
post #6 of 603 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2012, 17:11 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Suho more, apparently he's a hairstrand away from signing with City. Once he leaves, he's no longer in the mafia clutch of Mamic, and I think he'll choose Bosnia.
post #7 of 603 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2012, 11:09
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
based on what inside info YBC?

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #8 of 603 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2012, 11:15 Thread Starter
post #9 of 603 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2012, 23:49
World Class Player

He's going nowhere.
post #10 of 603 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2012, 23:52 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

why
post #11 of 603 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2012, 23:59
World Class Player

Because he is too young and because he signed multi-year contract?

Dinamo never sells that young... even Kovačić is too young to be sold.
post #12 of 603 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2012, 00:50
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

so where does it say he will/might play for BiH?

not going to happen

post #13 of 603 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2012, 08:18 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Sejad Halilović: "Moj sin Alen želi igrati za reprezentaciju Bosne i Hercegovine"

U Hrvatskoj se ne stišava bura, oko Alena Halilovića (13), najvećeg fudbalskog talenta u Hrvatskoj.
Radi se o pioniru Dinama i sinu bivšeg veznog igrača bh. reprezentacije.

Hrvatski su mediji "provalili" kako je talentovani Halilović bio na probi u madridskom Realu, bez znanja Dinama. U Maksimiru je nastala prava uzbuna, jer "mali" nema ugovora, pa se boje da će ostati bez miliona eura.

Evo što je za San rekao Alenov otac, i sam trener mlađih kategorija u Dinamu.

"Moj Alen nije bio na probi u Realu. Moguće je da su ga skauti Reala pratili, gledali na nekim turnirima, ali da je bio u Madridu, valjda bi ja znao. Godi mi što takav klub pokazuje zanimanje, ali ne želim publicitet, niti da se dijete opterećuje novinskim natpisima. Neću ništa raditi bez dozvole Dinama, u kojem Alen igra i gdje sam i ja trener. Znam jedino da Alen želi igrati za reprezentaciju Bosne i Hercegovine", izjavio je Sejad Halilović, koji je za bh. reprezentaciju igrao sa Barbarezom, Bolićem, Kodrom, Baljićem, Salihamidžićem, Konjićem, Hibićem...

http://www.24sata.info/sport/svijet-...rcegovine.html
post #14 of 603 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2012, 12:21
World Class Player

That was 3 years ago and in the meanwhile he said he wants to play for Croatia.

The fact that he rejected u17 BiH and started playing for Cro youth team says it all. He's Croatian born, raised and his mother is native zagrepčanka..

Give it up.

http://www.24sata.info/sport/fudbal/...lkocevicu.html
post #15 of 603 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2012, 12:27 Thread Starter
YBC
Legend

Yep just like Rakitic denied Croatia until he left Switzerland

Halilovic really hates Bosnia, doesn't he? Or is he just playing for Cro so that Mamic wouldn't try to kill his father again for trying to let him go to Madrid?

A picture speaks 1000 words:

And hey, Darijo Srna is half Bosnian. Half your team is from Bosnia also... So, why not give us a single player?

Know how it feels now Hrvoje?
post #16 of 603 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2012, 12:39
World Class Player

Christ..
post #17 of 603 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 01:29
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

there's no point dz...

post #18 of 603 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 05:28
Legend

Teams: BIH, FK VELEZ, MANCHESTER UNITED, TSG HOFFENHEIM
If this kid plays for BiH great if not who gives a shit. We're set with Miske short term and Pjanic at the AM position for the next 10-12 yrs. Im sure another kid will pop up by that time.

1974-75 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-Spartak Moscow 2:0 1:3
2.RD Velez Mostar-Rapid Wien 1:0 1:1
3.RD Velez Mostar-Derby County 4:1 1:3

1987-88 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-Sion 5:0 0:3
2.RD Velez Mostar-Borussia Dortmund 2:1 0:2

1988-89 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-APOEL 1:0 5:2
2.RDVelez Mostar-Belenenses0:0 0:0(4:3 pk's)

Osvajaci Kupa Marsala Tita-Kup Jugoslavije 1981,1986
post #19 of 603 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 05:31
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
alm:

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #20 of 603 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 07:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELEZ1922 View Post
If this kid plays for BiH great if not who gives a shit. We're set with Miske short term and Pjanic at the AM position for the next 10-12 yrs. Im sure another kid will pop up by that time.
I think the point YBC is trying to make is that if Bosnia wasn't the victim of player poaching they could have a team that would look like this at the next WC or Euro...

Bosanski Drim Tim

Handanović

Srna Lovren Subotić Lulić

Rakitić Bačinović

Halilović Pjanić Kovačić

Džeko

Waiting in the wings would be guys like Begović, Spahić, Ćorluka, Salihović, Kuzmanović, Iličić, Ljajić, Ibričić, Marin, Jelavić, Ibrahimović, Mandžukić...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in