Quality of forum (slipping...) - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 20:50 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Manijak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ottawa
Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Posts: 10,914
Quality of forum (slipping...)

I thought this warranted its own thread.

No offense to the newbies but the BIH forum use to be one of the best and its really suffering now. We were always a fairly small group but the level of posting was great. I use to log in every day excited to see good logical, factual, intelligent, and interesting posts. Posts that could teach you something. Now there so much arguing by certain posters which is insanley childish. There is a lot of posting now but of really poor quality. (stating obvious things, asking really stupid questions, trolling, talking about other posters, off-topic posts in a lot of the threads etc) This has to be put to a stop or its going to drive away our good posters.

There is a long list of amazing posters on here: Bosanac, Adnan, Velez, Dzoni, Montedia, Kulin Ban, BosniaN, Pape, Majstor Cevapa(sorry for who I missed) ..and other solid posters that post here from time to time, like Krle and Zoric. Check the posting history of Velez, Montedia as examples and see if you can spot a consistency?

I don't want to be rude or anything but some of you guys should be banned for spamming the boards, trolling, and taking down the intelligence level of the forum. It's a really poor reflection on the BIH forum. If you guys want to win people over, only way to do it is to put effort into every post, do your research, check the facts, ask questions, post less but make better posts etc

And stop bringing your personal frustration to the forum. We are all guilty of it at times but some of you seem to get so angry at the suggestion that one of the BIH players is not as good that you get angry and spam other boards, trying to prove desperatley that it is not the case. This is not your job and this won't change anything. BIH and BIH players will succeed/fail no matter what you or anybody else has to say. I say this because this seems to be the major reason some of you post so much...you can't handle criticism of our players etc This shouldn't be the reason for your posts.

In any case, I don't think this will change very many minds, but at the end of the day, it has to be said.
Manijak is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 21:14
Forum Manager
Legend
 
Yashimi Nakitu's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Belgica
Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Posts: 19,776
Well said. From now on I'm going to delete everything that's even slightly off topic from these noobies because lately I'm not as eager to visit this forum anymore because of a few idiots. It seems SFN (their kindergarten) is dead and they're all invading here. Fine by me but there are some standards here that need to be respected.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
Yashimi Nakitu is offline  
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 21:19
Star Player
 
BHFanatico's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: Seattle
Teams: AC Milan, West Ham, & Zeljeznicar
Posts: 2,714
I totally agree. I barely come here anymore and when I do, I don't like what I see. It all started with the antichrist showing up.

RIP Tose Proeski



BOSNIA
BHFanatico is offline  
 
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 21:30
Forum Manager
International
 
Majstor Cevapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Seattle
Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, VFL Bochum, FK Sarajevo, AS Roma.
Posts: 5,747
It's nice to see the quantity of posts but the quality isn't there, and your right Manijak, it's bringing our forum down. And the Dzeko arguments are pretty stupid, he needs time to settle, but he's played like shit his first few games. End of story.

Ja sam Bosnjak - dican junak:
Vjeran svetom domu svome,
Vjeran slavi svojih djeda
I narodu Bosanskome!

Njegov ponos na mom srcu
Ko amanet sveti stoji;
Ponos koji nigdje ne da,
da se Bosnjak lava boji!...
Majstor Cevapa is offline  
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 21:50
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International
 
Montedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: London, England
Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Posts: 5,907
Manijak's sentiment is a noble one, though quality control in these kind of forums is never an easy task and the moderators - a brilliant lot - deserve a lot of credit for trying to maintain a good quality/quantity balance.

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
Montedia is offline  
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 21:52
U Mad Buraz?
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
Džoni B. Dobar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2009
Teams: FK Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 3,753
There are three posters who, if they did 1 or 2 things each, would improve the quality of the forum 10x without making Adnan break a sweat. Unfortunately, I'll probably look like an asshole if I call them out on it.

Which is why I'll let them identify themselves:

Poster #1 - Every other time you're about to make a post, just don't. You probably post twice as much as you should, so that should make it even out. Seriously though, you reply to just about every single post on here, and it's usually the most cliche, obvious thing imaginable. Quality over quantity man. And stick to the Bosnian forum for a while, because when you go to the other sections to talk about our team and players, you make the rest of us look like idiots.

Poster #2 - I remember when I was 14 and first started posting on message boards. I was a ****ing idiot. I'm not necessarily saying you are, but I do think you should put things on hold until you can grow a beard. Like a legitimate, Blaž Slišković beard, without any peach fuzz.

Poster #3 - You're the only one of the three that I haven't blocked, but I have an exercise for you that I think would do you good: don't say anything about Džeko for the next six months. Better yet, don't visit any of the other sub-forums during this time - same reason as Poster #1. Also, from here on out, every time you quote someone from becka-raja to back up your opinion (which you formed from reading becka-raja), administer a small electric shock to your own testicles.

Edit: Also, all three of you should add each other to your ignore lists, because when you start getting into arguments amongst yourselves things tend to become exponentially bad.

FK Sarajevo

- Bosnian-Herzegovinian (BiH) club with the most Yugoslav championships
- BiH club with the most appearances and longest continuous stay in top flight football
- The most succesful BiH club on the Yugoslav league's all-time table
- The most succesful club on the BiH Premier League's all-time table
- BiH club with the most appearances in international and UEFA competition

Last edited by Džoni B. Dobar; February 14th, 2011 at 22:04.
Džoni B. Dobar is offline  
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 22:09
Xtratime Legend
 
El Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Posts: 28,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
There is a long list of amazing posters on here: Bosanac, Adnan, Velez, Dzoni, Montedia, Kulin Ban, BosniaN, Pape, Majstor Cevapa(sorry for who I missed) ..and other solid posters that post here from time to time, like Krle and Zoric. Check the posting history of Velez, Montedia as examples and see if you can spot a consistency?
I know I've argued with you a few times but not even a mention? Very poor mate, very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Džoni B. Dobar View Post
I'm not necessarily saying you are, but I do think you should put things on hold until you can grow a beard. Like a legitimate, Blaž Slišković beard, without any peach fuzz.

Śuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić

Last edited by El Lobo; February 14th, 2011 at 22:14.
El Lobo is offline  
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:04
Star Player
 
Kulin Ban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Teams: 1860 München and Bosna i Hercegovina.
Posts: 3,813
Totally agree with the opening post. This forum has taken a major turn to the worse over the last couple of months as the standard of the SFN-defectors are really ruining what was once a quality section. This has to be dealt with otherwise this place will soon be irrelevant to anyone but fakes and spammers.

Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une
Kulin Ban is offline  
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:05
World Class Player
 
BozniaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Sweden
Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Posts: 8,287
I can understand that some (especially new) members feel like they have to 'defend' our players or the NT, I think most of us have done the same thing on several occasions. But it's getting frustrating when our whole subforum gets involved because someone has unrealistic expectations. I don't know how many times I've read that the "Bosnians on XT says this, says that...etc" just because one or two guys don't know when to stop.

Who gives a crap that some guy doesn't like Dzeko? Dzeko doesn't like him either. **** that kind of discussions because they lead to nothing, it has been proven over and over and over again. I might add that this is not only a BiH forum problem, you have people all over XT who react the same way if you say something about 'their' player or NT.

I don't think members should fear to post their opinion either because that can kill a forum aswell, but pick your battles, back your arguments with facts and don't waste time on haters, they are not worth it. I think most people in our forum are ok guys, some just need more time to learn the XT politics.
BozniaN is offline  
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:10 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Manijak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ottawa
Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Posts: 10,914
Quote:
I know I've argued with you a few times but not even a mention? Very poor mate, very poor.
I honestly just forgot mate. You are one of the best on here and sorry I missed you. Honest mistake. I mentioned Krle and we have a history for sure.
Manijak is offline  
post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:15
BANNED!
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashimi Nakitu View Post
Well said. From now on I'm going to delete everything that's even slightly off topic from these noobies because lately I'm not as eager to visit this forum anymore because of a few idiots. It seems SFN (their kindergarten) is dead and they're all invading here. Fine by me but there are some standards here that need to be respected.
You hit the nail on the head with that one brother.

I'll be looking to keep posting in a very positive way.
Roger Johnson is offline  
post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:15
Star Player
 
DobrinjaProjektz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2009
Location: YAY AREA
Teams: FK Zeljeznicar l Bosna i Hercegovnia
Posts: 2,949
SFN was fine before certain users came around. Sucks they moved here

Back in SFN I was telling these youngbluds quality over quantity non-stop and nobody would listen. You guys are lucky you didn't inherit all of the SFN rejects, but you did get the very worst...a nightmare for any functioning forum

Still on chemicals, my girl looks like a skeleton
I'm working with my seventh sense, they like me cause I'm different
I try to save the innocent
I'm working on my vigilance
I know I used to love her now i don't know where my feelings went


DobrinjaProjektz is offline  
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:19
BANNED!
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by BozniaN View Post
I can understand that some (especially new) members feel like they have to 'defend' our players or the NT, I think most of us have done the same thing on several occasions. But it's getting frustrating when our whole subforum gets involved because someone has unrealistic expectations. I don't know how many times I've read that the "Bosnians on XT says this, says that...etc" just because one or two guys don't know when to stop.

Who gives a crap that some guy doesn't like Dzeko? Dzeko doesn't like him either. **** that kind of discussions because they lead to nothing, it has been proven over and over and over again. I might add that this is not only a BiH forum problem, you have people all over XT who react the same way if you say something about 'their' player or NT.

I don't think members should fear to post their opinion either because that can kill a forum aswell, but pick your battles, back your arguments with facts and don't waste time on haters, they are not worth it. I think most people in our forum are ok guys, some just need more time to learn the XT politics.
Quite correct. I'm simply stating the obvious about Dzeko in the EPL so far.

It is in no way personal. that was one of the dead SFN's problems. If you had an opinion that went against the grain then the others would gang up on you until and mod had enough and simply took the easy option and banned the one with a differing opinion to the majority. Not Good!
Roger Johnson is offline  
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:20
BANNED!
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobrinjaProjektz View Post
SFN was fine before certain users came around. Sucks they moved here

Back in SFN I was telling these youngbluds quality over quantity non-stop and nobody would listen. You guys are lucky you didn't inherit all of the SFN rejects, but you did get the very worst...a nightmare for any functioning forum
Saraj Fanatico is that you?
Roger Johnson is offline  
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:21
International
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Posts: 7,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHFanatico View Post
I totally agree. I barely come here anymore and when I do, I don't like what I see. It all started with the antichrist showing up.
It's not like you really contribute or anything. Only thing you talk about is that mediocre team from Seattle you and MC play for, and every now and then you make cliche comments about the national team or w/e like the biggest captain obvious in the world. No offense.

I'll be fair and admit that I'm probably one of the reasons you guys are having this discussion, but I feel like confirmation bias is getting the best of most of you. You just pay attention to some of my 'malignant' posts based solely on my past reputation. Also, a lot of people don't even know how to debate. I know it's frustrating for some of you that I talk about Dzeko in Man City subforum, but face 2 things: 1) it's on-topic, 2) have you read some of those posts? if you think I went wrong somewhere, then debate and prove me wrong. I'm getting tired of trolls & other users posting one-liners after I make good points and pretending like they're right & painting me as the bad guy.
bosnianfan000 is offline  
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:22
Star Player
 
DobrinjaProjektz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2009
Location: YAY AREA
Teams: FK Zeljeznicar l Bosna i Hercegovnia
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupont View Post
Saraj Fanatico is that you?
No, I'm the artist formerly known as TM87_Maniac, previously known as Manijak_Dino, affectionately referred to as Manijack.

Saraj Fanatico is my mentor

Still on chemicals, my girl looks like a skeleton
I'm working with my seventh sense, they like me cause I'm different
I try to save the innocent
I'm working on my vigilance
I know I used to love her now i don't know where my feelings went


DobrinjaProjektz is offline  
post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:22 Thread Starter
Legend
 
Manijak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Ottawa
Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Posts: 10,914
Dupont, the obvious doesn't need to be pointed out, everyone understands it.(that is why its obvious - duh) You pointing it out is annoying. You have 265 posts, are a Birmingham fan apparently, and somehow you seem to be here to argue with the Bosnian kids...doesn't make much sense.
Manijak is offline  
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:24
International
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Posts: 7,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupont View Post
Quite correct. I'm simply stating the obvious about Dzeko in the EPL so far.

It is in no way personal. that was one of the dead SFN's problems. If you had an opinion that went against the grain then the others would gang up on you until and mod had enough and simply took the easy option and banned the one with a differing opinion to the majority. Not Good!
Your problem is that some of your opinions are so radical and lack any sort of basis whatsoever that being ganged up on was inevitable. It's like saying Messi is a terrible footballer and expecting no one to say anything about it.
bosnianfan000 is offline  
post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:26
Forum Manager
International
 
Majstor Cevapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Seattle
Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, VFL Bochum, FK Sarajevo, AS Roma.
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB-PlavoZuti View Post
It's not like you really contribute or anything. Only thing you talk about is that mediocre team from Seattle you and MC play for, and every now and then you make cliche comments about the national team or w/e like the biggest captain obvious in the world. No offense.

I'll be fair and admit that I'm probably one of the reasons you guys are having this discussion, but I feel like confirmation bias is getting the best of most of you. You just pay attention to some of my 'malignant' posts based solely on my past reputation. Also, a lot of people don't even know how to debate. I know it's frustrating for some of you that I talk about Dzeko in Man City subforum, but face 2 things: 1) it's on-topic, 2) have you read some of those posts? if you think I went wrong somewhere, then debate and prove me wrong. I'm getting tired of trolls & other users posting one-liners after I make good points and pretending like they're right & painting me as the bad guy.
There's no reason to beat around the bush, your to this forum, what aids is to Africa. It started with you, then led to more morons coming over that can't put together a decent sentence.

Nobody wants to debate you, because it's pointless. You embarrass us throughout XT, and try to prove things that aren't true. As much as you say the opposite, Dzeko is still playing shit football. You can keep on trying to prove it wrong, but his games at Man City so far have been below average at best.

And btw, were not mediocre, were the mutha****in best.

Ja sam Bosnjak - dican junak:
Vjeran svetom domu svome,
Vjeran slavi svojih djeda
I narodu Bosanskome!

Njegov ponos na mom srcu
Ko amanet sveti stoji;
Ponos koji nigdje ne da,
da se Bosnjak lava boji!...
Majstor Cevapa is offline  
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2011, 23:31
Star Player
 
Tarik19's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Teams: BIH national team, AC Milan, Fenerbahce SK,
Posts: 4,219
To be fair to NB, he at least is brave enough to start debates and get to the source of a certain problem rather than just sit quickly and pretend like everything is going fine.
Tarik19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome