Is their any hope for the Bosnian Premier League in the future? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 00:19 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Is their any hope for the Bosnian Premier League in the future?

Today I made some really interesting statistics of the Bosnian Premier League the last five years. Now have I compared it to this season, and i really want to share my results with you guys!

First of all, here is some home victory, draw and away victory statistics, for the last five years:

In season 2004/2005 were 240 matches played:

176 home victories (73,3 %)
35 draws (14,6 %)
29 away victories (12,1 %)

In season 2005/2006 were 240 matches played too:

174 home victories (72,5 %)
34 draws (14,2 %)
32 away victories (13,3 %)

In season 2006/2007 were 240 matches played too:

185 home victories (77,1 %)
31 draws (12,9 %)
24 away victories (10,0 %)

In season 2007/2008 were 240 matches played too:

191 home victories (79,6 %)
24 draws (10,0 %)
25 away victories (10,4 %)

In season 2008/2009 were 240 matches played too:

175 home victories (72,9 %)
43 draws (17,9 %)
22 away victories (9,2 %)

Now I have to find the average, for the last five years:

From season 2004/2005 to season 2008/2009 has the average been:

180,2 home victories (75,08%)
33,4 draws (13,92%)
26,4 away wins (11%)

So now comes the statistics from this season. This season (2009/2010) have 87 matches been played until now. And these are the statistics for this season:

55 home victories (63,2 %)
18 draws (20,7 %)
14 away victories (16,1 %)

So the difference between the last five years and this season are the following:

-11,88% less home victories!

+6,78% more draws!

+5,1% more away victories!

..I hope you guys understood my statistics. So now is the big question:

- Is the Bosnian Premier League going to be much fair and with less corruption in the future? I can't answer that question, but the statistics i made, shows great improvement!

Copyright belongs to Emilozz ©

Last edited by Marmalada; October 27th, 2009 at 00:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 00:40
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Good work in getting it all together however I don’t see how it will improve

yeah some of the stats are improving but it is still as corrupt as ever - in the past 4 weeks no less than 4 matches have been labelled by stolen or set up by rival coaches and in 1 match in the prva liga the refs got belted. Too many teams, too many dic.kheads, not enough quality so the pessimist in me says No.

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 01:03
Rising Star

Things are bound to get better, just not without a fight. Give it a decade, I assume someone's going to straighten something up by then.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 02:43
U Mad Buraz?
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: FK Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
I remember reading recently that one of the buffoons in the FA let it slip that the league would soon be reduced to 10 teams. That would be a major first step.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 03:10
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

that would be an entirely different thing, league reduction is the only first step that will guarantee some sort of improvement - everything else can be talked about and analysed once the league is reduced

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 04:40
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
To answer the original question, no it won't improve, none of the leagues in the balkans can really improve. We are stuck with what we have, a sad fact
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 07:23
Rising Star

I disagree. Once a large amount of the teams are privatized, I think the corruption will sink a great amount.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 07:55
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
To an extent, but whos interested in privatising these clubs? From a business sense, its not the smartest investment to invest money into footballing areas such as ours, that really barely get any exposure, only for the wrong reasons.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 08:42
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, VFL Bochum, FK Sarajevo, AS Roma.
Yes, I think the league will improve.

The first step would be to lower the number of teams in each league, starting with the premier league. Reducing it to 10 teams would raise competition, get rid of village teams, and increase attendance figures. The primary goal of reducing teams would be to improve competition and financial stability of the league.

The second step would be a major overhaul of the Federation. Removing several people in the FA, and replacing them with people that know football with be a great help. Like someone mentioned a long time ago, Barbarez would be the best FA president for us. Also, training referees, and cracking down on cheating (rigged matches) would improve the league, and totally change the statistics of draws & home/away victories.

One day, I'd love our league to be a mid league of Europe, and a top league in Eastern Europe. This can only be done when the league's scum is cleaned up, league is reduced, and some good European results are achieved. Hopefully our teams will stop selling players for scraps, keep the youth players longer, and finally make some big gains.

Ja sam Bosnjak - dican junak:
Vjeran svetom domu svome,
Vjeran slavi svojih djeda
I narodu Bosanskome!

Njegov ponos na mom srcu
Ko amanet sveti stoji;
Ponos koji nigdje ne da,
da se Bosnjak lava boji!...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 11:25
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MC, all that sounds good but it aint gonna happen. We've seen those same suggestions over and over again on this forum but not even the first step has been taken yet. The overhaul of the FA is next to an impossible mission. The charter or whatever it is called dictates how those positions are filled and its all political, a rotating roster based on ethnicity not on quality. Its like the rest of the country, in order to change how it currently works you'd have to nullify the set up i.e disband the FA and start all over again, perhaps miss a season and even face the possibility of FIFA/UEFA sanctions for disbanding it etc.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 11:50
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Reduction in the size of the league is a bit of a red herring. I don't think that it will substantially increase the quality of the football, and it is likely to make the league much more boring (cf. Scotland).

The fact is that it is a simple issue of population, and then of wealth. Virtually no country the size of Bosnia-Herzegovina has an internationally competitive league. The so-called 'big five' leagues are all hosted by large, industrial or post-industrial economies with populations of 45+ million or more.

The Balkan League proposal is the only one on the table that will create a big enough market for internationally-competitive club football to flourish in the region once again.

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 12:02
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montedia View Post
The Balkan League proposal is the only one on the table that will create a big enough market for internationally-competitive club football to flourish in the region once again.
Right. Unfortunately, we've seen what happened in Siroki not too long ago. It's going to take a while before we, as the Balkans, are able to step into that next step.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 13:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Of course it will improve. I mean it can't get any worse than this

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 13:54
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoniman View Post
Right. Unfortunately, we've seen what happened in Siroki not too long ago. It's going to take a while before we, as the Balkans, are able to step into that next step.
Maybe, maybe not. Remember that ten years ago, there was no unified league in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The idea that Borac Banja Luka, Sarajevo and Zrinjski Mostar could all play together in the same league seemed like a pipedream. But look what happened.

A lot depends on political and economic factors; it is these which will probably determine the direction of the country's football, the way that the Savez is constituted, and so on

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 13:57
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Montedia basically covered it.

I think what people have to realize is that for most part, outside of the top 5-6 leagues, (where the money/populations/infrastructure are) the rest are very much what i would categorize as "development"/ "feeder" leagues. They are leagues where you look at individual performances over the league standard. You get excited about finding a new gem of a player, seeing how young players are developing etc

I think right now we are a feeder league for the Russian/Ukrainian/Polish and a few other leagues.

Being a feeder league is the lowest imo, above that I think the Dutch league, Russian, etc are development leagues. Where young players go and say this is my first step to prove myself before playing in the top leagues. It's good experience as well.

So I don't know if its even realistic to be more of a development league..for sure not any time soon. I honestly think though when the corruption goes away, and things improve economically for the whole country, people will be happy with what it is because then we will have comfort that everything out there is at least legit. No matter the standard.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 14:42
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, VFL Bochum, FK Sarajevo, AS Roma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac View Post
MC, all that sounds good but it aint gonna happen. We've seen those same suggestions over and over again on this forum but not even the first step has been taken yet. The overhaul of the FA is next to an impossible mission. The charter or whatever it is called dictates how those positions are filled and its all political, a rotating roster based on ethnicity not on quality. Its like the rest of the country, in order to change how it currently works you'd have to nullify the set up i.e disband the FA and start all over again, perhaps miss a season and even face the possibility of FIFA/UEFA sanctions for disbanding it etc.
Yeah I know Bosanac. It all will happen, but not in next few years. Anyways, just a few suggestions.

Ja sam Bosnjak - dican junak:
Vjeran svetom domu svome,
Vjeran slavi svojih djeda
I narodu Bosanskome!

Njegov ponos na mom srcu
Ko amanet sveti stoji;
Ponos koji nigdje ne da,
da se Bosnjak lava boji!...
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2009, 15:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: CROATIA NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilozz View Post
..I hope you guys understood my statistics. So now is the big question:

- Is the Bosnian Premier League going to be much fair and with less corruption in the future? I can't answer that question, but the statistics i made, shows great improvement!

Copyright belongs to Emilozz ©
Well gathered statistics

I am curious about other leagues such as ... say the austrian league, or even Croatian league and how they compare in tems of away wins.

In BiH away games are a lot different to away games in other leagues. The reason for this is well known to all of us and for this reason I dont think that a huge change will happen in terms of away wins.

The crowd will still be hostile and the effect that has on home and away players is remarkable it seems. I dont know if you are dead on when you say that "corruption" is to blame, well maybe partly but the ref is only human also and his decisions are inevetibly effected by the crowds.

The entire world finally knows what us Croatians have known all along.

Ante Gotovina - HEROJ

▒▓█▀H▄R▀▄▀V▄▀▄A▀▄▀T▄▀S▄▀▄K▀▄A▀█▓▒

C
R
V U K O V A R
A
T
I
A
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2009, 02:19
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

That's a good point, I think we (people from our part of the world) have a tendancy to linch the ref for every mistake and always align it with corruption and or bias becasue it just makes it easier and thats what we know but reality is that yeah everyone makes mistakes. It's the frequencey and of those mistakes in the BiH PL that raises eyebrows as well as the poor disguise of those so called mistakes. Some of their calls just make them look plain guilty.

The one thing that i have noticed has changed in the past year or so is that when clubs complain about the refs they no longer bash the host club or accuse the club management of roughing them up, making threats and influencing the refs. Most of the complaints recently are directed at the referees and there seems to be a disclaimer along the lines of 'dobro, domacinski smo primljeni', 'utakmica je prosla fer i korektno bla bla blah'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in