View Poll Results: Who do you prefer?
Sejad Salihovic 2 12.50%
Zvjezdan Misimovic 14 87.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 20:40 Thread Starter
International

POLL: Salihovic or Misimovic?

Well these two guys are definately one of the top 5 midfielders in the German league without any sort of doubt. My question is, who's better than who between these two? IMO, Sejad Salihovic is a bit better. I think he has qualities that Misimovic maybe doesn't. Against teams like Bayern and Turkey, Salihovic has been the best player on the field... and he's gotten much sharper and quicker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 20:50
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
Even though many of you know of my hatred for Miske, Salihovic has got a long long way to go to be better than Misimovic.. as attacking midfielders there main objective is to assist.. there's no better assister in the league/world than Misimovic, his record amount of assists last season showed that.

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 20:54 Thread Starter
International

^ It's not all about assisting my friend.

Did you see Salihovic v. Bayern or Turkey? Or better yet in all the games so far this season? I think Salihovic is physically better than Misimovic and has a stronger shot and is better in freekicks, crossing, and set-pieces and runs more...he was everywhere on the field today. Hoffenheim would've lost to Gladbach and Bayern without him... BiH might've lost to Turkey without him. Misimovic is more intelligent and can make that last pass better than anyone.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 21:00
Legend

Misimovic is better at this point.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 21:06
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Both are fantastic. I like Misimovic's dribbling and passing better, though

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:09
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Salihovic has about three qualities that are world-class - crossing, shooting, and free-kicks. The rest, fairly average to good. All in all, that means he can get his assists (from his crosses), he can chip in a goal if he gets it in a good place,(good hard shots) and he is deadly from dead-ball situations. But, he's isn't a player that can carry and dictate play, nor does he generally make his teammates much better (his team-mates do as much for him as he for them - so it cancels out)

Miske on the other hand has the ability to carry the play and generally dictate play. His passing, vision, intelligence are world-class imo, and many others things are good to very good, and for a play-maker, that's lethal. He also clearly makes his team-mates better and raises their game, whether it be making a smart play, putting the ball in good positions, or doing the difficult stuff and leaving the simple things to the less skilled guys.
He basically does everything.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
It's not even a contest, Miske is miles ahead of him.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB-PlavoZuti View Post
^ It's not all about assisting my friend.

Did you see Salihovic v. Bayern or Turkey? Or better yet in all the games so far this season? I think Salihovic is physically better than Misimovic and has a stronger shot and is better in freekicks, crossing, and set-pieces and runs more...he was everywhere on the field today. Hoffenheim would've lost to Gladbach and Bayern without him... BiH might've lost to Turkey without him. Misimovic is more intelligent and can make that last pass better than anyone.
Salihovic has been good this season but not even close to what Miske is producing.

Keep it cool and stop losing your head as soon as a player has a good game or two. Remember how crap Salihovic was against Armenia? And it isn't his first game of being really really poor. He is too inconsistant for my liking.

Manijak is spot on btw

Himna BIH

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:17 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak View Post
Salihovic has about three qualities that are world-class - crossing, shooting, and free-kicks. The rest, fairly average to good. All in all, that means he can get his assists (from his crosses), he can chip in a goal if he gets it in a good place,(good hard shots) and he is deadly from dead-ball situations. But, he's isn't a player that can carry and dictate play, nor does he generally make his teammates much better (his team-mates do as much for him as he for them - so it cancels out)

Miske on the other hand has the ability to carry the play and generally dictate play. His passing, vision, intelligence are world-class imo, and many others things are good to very good, and for a play-maker, that's lethal. He also clearly makes his team-mates better and raises their game, whether it be making a smart play, putting the ball in good positions, or doing the difficult stuff and leaving the simple things to the less skilled guys.
He basically does everything.
I actually disagree with that. I think you may be referring to the Salihovic last season. From what I've seen in the games such as against Bayern, Turkey, and Gladbach...he was everywhere on the field....left, right, top, back defending, in the middle distributing the ball from defense to attack...

I mean have you seen the game against Turkey or against Bayern? According to stats, he had the most passes in each of those games and I've watched both games full 90 mins each. Today he turned around the game against Gladbach from 2-0 to 2-2 and pushed up front for the 2-3 and 2-4. He's great both defensively and offensively. I don't think Misimovic has the defensive capabilities, or the strength and speed Salihovic has.

PS: Adnan, you have no idea what you're talking about. Dzeko has been poor since game 1 till now in the bundesliga... and he was the worst player on the field against both Armenia and Turkey, what do you have to say about him? And by your concept, Pjanic is already better than Salihovic.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:18
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
I agree Miske is better now, but Salihovic will have a more important role in the future.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:20 Thread Starter
International

I think you guys all vote for Misimovic because you don't really watch Hoffenheim play and you haven't seen the Turkey game where he was the best player on the field. He's a level above any other player in Hoffenheim IMO. Salihovic definately copes better than Misimovic in big games... but Misimovic is better than Salihovic in small games such as Armenia.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Seriously dude, if one watches Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg frequently then he can't possibly say that Salihovic is better than Misimovic unless there is something wrong with him.

Stop overrating our players. Miske is world class, Salihovic has a long long way to go before he reaches that level and this is coming from a guy who has seen 90% of his games in the last 2 years.

Himna BIH

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB-PlavoZuti View Post
PS: Adnan, you have no idea what you're talking about. Dzeko has been poor since game 1 till now in the bundesliga... and he was the worst player on the field against both Armenia and Turkey, what do you have to say about him? And by your concept, Pjanic is already better than Salihovic.
I'm judging Salihovic on both seasons, not just this one. He can have a great game one week and then be the worst player on the pitch the next one. You wont see that with Miske.

And yes, Pjanic is better than Salihovic.

God you are really getting on my nerves because now it seems like I have something against Salihovic, which is deinetly not the case but with your overrating him, someone has to balance things out and show his weaknesses.

Himna BIH

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2009, 23:51
Csíkszentmihályi fan
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Sevilla, Montedio Yamagata, Bosnia-H., Argentina
Salihovic is the Bosnian Beckham, with all the limitations and gifts that implies. He is world class from dead balls and crossing. But Misimovic really can do it all: dead balls, crossing, dribbling, passing, slowing down the play, speeding up the play, fantastic vision...

'Meditation is not being calm sitting on some remote mountaintop; it is being calm in the middle of New York City.'
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 00:44
Legend

Teams: BIH, FK VELEZ, MANCHESTER UNITED, TSG HOFFENHEIM
When i saw the thread i thought the question would be who the better free kick taker was,i was a bitsurprised to see the question who is better overall.Miske is better than Salihovic IMO,but thats not anything against Sejo who is a great player.Im glad they are both on the NT.

1974-75 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-Spartak Moscow 2:0 1:3
2.RD Velez Mostar-Rapid Wien 1:0 1:1
3.RD Velez Mostar-Derby County 4:1 1:3

1987-88 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-Sion 5:0 0:3
2.RD Velez Mostar-Borussia Dortmund 2:1 0:2

1988-89 UEFA CUP
1.RD Velez Mostar-APOEL 1:0 5:2
2.RDVelez Mostar-Belenenses0:0 0:0(4:3 pk's)

Osvajaci Kupa Marsala Tita-Kup Jugoslavije 1981,1986
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 01:34
Premier Player

Teams: Bosnian NT, NAC Breda, Hellas Verona FC, FK Željo
I went to Gladbach today and watched the game and one thing became as apparent as always. Although I love them both there is this one huge difference that Salihovic will never be able to make up against Misimovic; Sejo has only one foot and Miske has both.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 02:55 Thread Starter
International

Damn man I didn't know it was going to be a blowout now LOL ... guess this thread became mediocre all of a sudden.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 03:34
Rising Star

NB, all insults aside, you really have much more to learn about football before making such claims. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...don't be so quick to claim "he's better/worse, etc." It takes a lot of time to fully understand each player, not just a few matches in the Bundesliga and our NT's campaign for the WCQ.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 06:07
International

Teams: Liverpool, Srbija,
Misimovic has been playing well in the BL (last two seasons he was spectacular) for a long time now (nuremburg, bochum, etc) Salihovic, just arrived on the scene and your even comparing him to mismovic?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 10:39
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
both good players but there is no contest there, miske is better than salihovic

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in