New wave of fudbal - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2007, 21:22 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
New wave of fudbal

Yesterday watching the Armenia - Serbia game, I realized fudbal has changed a lot. Armenia yesterday looked more technical, organized against Serbia than Portugal did against Serbia. They simply looked like the superior side. We are in a new wave of fudbal, a new level, where if some countries don't wake up and start playing accordingly, they will fail.

The key to success is gaining cohesion as a team. It's not about simply playing as a team, that is too simple of an idea, but actually
cohesion that results in high-quality technical output. That is what Armenia created yesterday for example. They created about 5 100% chances, it looked easy. With the players you have, you have to create some system that creates technical output that replicates top clubs in the world. That is the challenge. Small countries are practicing, planning, getting coached, in producing this type of football, just as some set-play would be planned. So they may not have skill, they may not have finishing, but they are playing at a high level consistently. Talented teams create this technical football without the need of coaching because of the players natural ability, intelligence, and their natural will to be the best. But the not so talented are catching up and realizing that if you practice enough, if you use some system, you can actually replicate high-quality football with the right coaching.

The days of coaching where simple ideas and logic are used are long gone. It's not about taking advantage of the oppositions weakness (because how many teams are that much crappier than your country?..and what if they are better?) It's not about using a simple idea to send the ball down the sides because the oppositions wing players are crappy. It's about planning your own sides games and creatinng a system where you are playing high-level, fast, technical football, no matter the opposition.

I am going to say this right now. If we don't get a great coach, we can just forget about it. Baka actually understood what I am saying a bit more. He understood that it was not just about using what you have as your strength because thats like saying that other teams don't have their own strengths. There is an opposition. You can't set up your formation to deal with another countries weakness when that opens you up more for your own weaknesses.

If the boycotting players don't come back, there is no hope at all.
If the boycotting players come back, there will be some, at least its worth watching.
If the boycotting players come back + we get a new coach who starts to talk differently than the ones prior..then I'll be really excited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2007, 21:54 Thread Starter
Legend

So personally, I dont even care if its a Bosnian coach, I don't care if its a former Bosnian player. I just want an intelligent guy that can in the least play some sort of system.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2007, 23:50
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, VFL Bochum, FK Sarajevo, AS Roma.
Zidane for coach

Ja sam Bosnjak - dican junak:
Vjeran svetom domu svome,
Vjeran slavi svojih djeda
I narodu Bosanskome!

Njegov ponos na mom srcu
Ko amanet sveti stoji;
Ponos koji nigdje ne da,
da se Bosnjak lava boji!...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 03:30
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
A foreign coach? I would never want that for our NT, the hand must be on the heart when the anthem plays.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 03:39 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero
A foreign coach? I would never want that for our NT, the hand must be on the heart when the anthem plays.
Actually for our situation, that could be best. Maybe a foreign guy would not take shit in terms of players selection and call players just because their friend is a manager somewhere and they want to sell their player. I mean I hate to see managers that are calm, ever...because that shows a lack of passion for me. Muzurovic just sits on his ass and doesn't seem to care anyways.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 05:31
Premier Player

Teams: BiH & Croatia NT, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manijak
Yesterday watching the Armenia - Serbia game, I realized fudbal has changed a lot. Armenia yesterday looked more technical, organized against Serbia than Portugal did against Serbia. They simply looked like the superior side. We are in a new wave of fudbal, a new level, where if some countries don't wake up and start playing accordingly, they will fail.

The key to success is gaining cohesion as a team. It's not about simply playing as a team, that is too simple of an idea, but actually
cohesion that results in high-quality technical output. That is what Armenia created yesterday for example. They created about 5 100% chances, it looked easy. With the players you have, you have to create some system that creates technical output that replicates top clubs in the world. That is the challenge. Small countries are practicing, planning, getting coached, in producing this type of football, just as some set-play would be planned. So they may not have skill, they may not have finishing, but they are playing at a high level consistently. Talented teams create this technical football without the need of coaching because of the players natural ability, intelligence, and their natural will to be the best. But the not so talented are catching up and realizing that if you practice enough, if you use some system, you can actually replicate high-quality football with the right coaching.

The days of coaching where simple ideas and logic are used are long gone. It's not about taking advantage of the oppositions weakness (because how many teams are that much crappier than your country?..and what if they are better?) It's not about using a simple idea to send the ball down the sides because the oppositions wing players are crappy. It's about planning your own sides games and creatinng a system where you are playing high-level, fast, technical football, no matter the opposition.

I am going to say this right now. If we don't get a great coach, we can just forget about it. Baka actually understood what I am saying a bit more. He understood that it was not just about using what you have as your strength because thats like saying that other teams don't have their own strengths. There is an opposition. You can't set up your formation to deal with another countries weakness when that opens you up more for your own weaknesses.

If the boycotting players don't come back, there is no hope at all.
If the boycotting players come back, there will be some, at least its worth watching.
If the boycotting players come back + we get a new coach who starts to talk differently than the ones prior..then I'll be really excited.
Dobro jutro, Kolumbo.

Kaa-ko se tresu tribine sada....!! 11/10/03 (41:35 min)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in