Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 11:27 Thread Starter
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Resignation.

Hi there my fellow forumites, i would like to inform you of my decision to resign as FM of our beloved forum effective the moment we find a willing and admin endorsed replacement.

I have had a great time fulfilling the role and have given it my best even though some will strongly disagree but i don't care . On a more serious note i believe time has come to pass on the batton to a new face. I think the forum has really matured over the last 12 months and am confident that with a change of guard and a varried new approach it can only improve even further. I also think it makes perfect sense to make this transition now, as this year, one of our more successfull ones, winds down and a new one comes knocking.

Apart from this, my commitment to the role is sure to wind down as i am proud to announce my wife has recently graced me with a beautiful little girl (that's why i was away for a while lately) that will take up most of my free home time. I will still be a regular poster as i get some free time at work but won't have the time to moderate threads and forums.

Anyway please note that Velez1922, BozniaN and Zloca have already been nominated. All 3 are very regular posters on our forum and contribute a great deal of good. Manijak and others are free to nominate more candidates but please be serious as only appropriate nominations will be considered by the amins. I will create a poll for everyone to have their say election style pending the nominated posters agree first.

Thank you all very much for your patience and support during my long reign (22 bloody months) and best of luck to whoever takes over.

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 12:52
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, BIH NT
I'm sorry to see you go. I want to congratulate you on your baby daughter, and wish you the best of luck with the new born child.
Back to topic; unlike our FA certain people know when to step down, unfortunately in this case you did the job as FM very well and I'm sorry see you go.
I hope you stay a regular and give us your great input.
Caos
Zloca
P.S. Thank you for nomination as FM

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova

Last edited by Zloca; December 20th, 2006 at 13:32.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 13:06
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Yeah man, congrats with the birth of your daughter.

And unlike most Balkan FM's, I thought you did a great job.

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 13:17
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Well Bosanac, its a sad day mate. I cant believe its been that long but I still remember the day I got you over here. (since I knew you from that other forum) From day one I knew you were a level-headed, sincere guy, that just loves to talk about BIH football and footy in general. And I had no doubt you would attract many people with your perspective. You have done an awesome job keeping this forum civil.

Congrats again on your daugther. I hope for all the best, and if she turns out anything like you, the world will have a well-rounded person running around. (which these days, we badly need)

I'm glad to hear that you will still be around regularly.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 13:26
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Yep you did a great job Bosanac! Now you can just sit down, relax and let other people delete your posts

Congrats becoming a dad, that means that you wont have time to sit down, relax and let other people delete your posts.

I hope the admins choose VELEZ as new FM otherwise Zloca will ban the shit out of me for being mean against pitars
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 13:28
Star Player

I don't ban people, I just am hard on people (I did request BDS to be banned lol)

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 13:33
World Class Player

haha you are so evil

poor BDS
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 14:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
BDS for moderator !

On a serious note, I want to congratulate you with your daughter mate

You did an amazing job in here and I know the admins on XT hold you in high regards.

One of the 3 you nominated should be chosen, every one of them is more than capable of running this forum imo.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:04
Legend

I have been thinking of quitting as well. As I have been on for over 4yrs as well. However, I do want to leave the place in good order.

1. I think the Intro/Photo thread will invite more people to the forums. If people get a chance to know more about others they are more likley to stay on. That creates discussion and that is what we want.

2. I have an idea in terms of moderators. (and this is where I would quit ) If we consider potential, where the BIH forum can gain, it would be the outside posters. There is great potential for Serbs and Croats to take part in discussion. However, I think when there is no visible person they can relate to on the BIH forum, they are much less likely to post. If they see also a Serb and Croat mod here, I think it makes it much more likley. On top of that, I would hope it would bring more Bosnian Serbs and Croats to the forum. Someone like DedinjeDisciple would be good, as he favours BIH, is very level-headed, posts quiet a bit, has quiet a bit of knowledge, but considers himself Serb. We need to represent the BIH pop. even here.

I am not for politics. I dont want to get this forum into that. However, the things that have went on with our FA has shown us that in BIH, politics and fudbal are intertwined. And I see the discussion on that front, as important as the discussion about the results of the national team, and how the clubs in BIH do. The Serbs and Croats perspective is important in this case, because all these problems can not be solved by one party. And I think the mistake we have made is not making this forum as diverse to make everyone feel welcome.

If we have three solid mods, I dont think we will have problems. The only thing we can ask is that there are no insults, but heated discussion will be there. Look, I'd love to talk results, BIH NT and league, but there are a lot of underlying problems in BIH fudbal that unfortunatley are taking the big stage. To stay quiet, to not address, is not doing anybody a favour.

Personally, my absence has been largley due to these underlying issues. All we can do is stay quiet, but thats get us nowhere. I dont feel like talking about the NT, or even the league, when you know there is corruption, and when you are just plain unsure of the motivation of some. So creating an open dialogue is the only way. This forum is not being used to its full potential if we have one side complaining, and we see no other perspective.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:22
Star Player

Honestly, both of you do a great job, and in my opinion you two are sitting in that seat for a reason. Having said that, bringing in Serbs and Croats is a great idea, but when those people don't consider them selfs our ethnicity what good do they do moderating this forum.
In my opinion the only one that can be considered is Ero; do to the fact that he is proud to be from Mostar, but still doesn't consider himself from BiH doesn't help the situation.
DedinjeDisciple is also a great guy, but he isn't active enough to be the FM of this section.
This is just my input, I'm not here to judge, just express my opinion.

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:35
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zloca
Honestly, both of you do a great job, and in my opinion you two are sitting in that seat for a reason. Having said that, bringing in Serbs and Croats is a great idea, but when those people don't consider them selfs our ethnicity what good do they do moderating this forum.
In my opinion the only one that can be considered is Ero; do to the fact that he is proud to be from Mostar, but still doesn't consider himself from BiH doesn't help the situation.
DedinjeDisciple is also a great guy, but he isn't active enough to be the FM of this section.
This is just my input, I'm not here to judge, just express my opinion.
Well, let me tell you what I saw in terms of DedinjeDisciple. (btw, I dont even know if he would be interested)

First off, Serbs are definetley not taking part in the BIH forum. Some did before, but there has been so much fightning that we have stayed to our corners. Bosnian Serbs are staying away because they see this forum as just Bosniaks.

So to expect to get someone who is an active poster on the BIH forum is probably not realistic. However, DedinjeDisciple has over 1300posts and he has been around maybe 5-6 months. That is a lot of posts in that span of time. And I've checked them out and they are quality posts. The guy seems very level headed and mature (for 19). I was 18 when I became the mod here. And he has BIH listed as one of his favoured countries. He's made quiet a few posts here as well and they have always been very positive and mature. So that is the type of person we need, I think anyways.

There is definetley quiet a few names out there, but just using DD as an example, that there is indeed some people out there who do qualify IMO.
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:41
World Class Player

Manijak I think you should stay, I dont think the forum has ever been so calm as it is now (atleast the not 2 years Ive been here)

I wouldnt mind if lets say Ero or Dedinje were mods here but I doubt it would bring more Serbs and Croats to the forum. I also think that you and Bosanac have been fair when it comes to warnings/bans so Serbs and Croats doesnt need to feel like they're not welcome here just because 2 Bosnians are mods.

Only way to get lots of new members would be to advertise this forum in big BiH communities who arent mainly about sport and football, sarajevo-x, SuperBosna(?) etc. Think the Macedonians did the same thing.
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:43
Legend

And about people that dont consider themselve part of BIH. Well, the situation is that a lot of people dont, and would have it some other way if they could. That is the situation. I want to see a good moderator in this position. You can be extreme one way or the other, but good mods are good mods. I expect my general opinion to be represented here, but I will not complain that another one is being expressed as well.
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:48
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Despite our differences in the past, I still like to read and post in your forum at times and the same can't be said for some other forums on XT. It's well moderated and I don't feel like I'm not welcome to share my views on football here.

The three nominees are all good guys IMO and Adnan should have been added to the list, had he not become XT's enemy .
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 15:54
Legend

Quote:
Only way to get lots of new members would be to advertise this forum in big BiH communities who arent mainly about sport and football, sarajevo-x, SuperBosna(?) etc. Think the Macedonians did the same thing.
Lets say we got people from those sites. If we are going to get into arguments, which is absolutley guranteed with the things we have to discuss, the biggest problem occurs when the moderators have to step in, and one sides starts feeling they are being outnumbered and their things are being unfairly edited, locked, etc.

I guess I want to hear people's opinion, I've been on here kind of long, and I definetley dont want to turn into an Usanovic. I'd like to improve the forum, whether I stay or go. Otherwise, I have a feeling Zloca and you will be knocking on my door to take me down lol
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 16:02
World Class Player

I think the forum is great, the only thing we need is mature posters who visit the forum atleast 3-4 times a week, maybe some Celik, Borac, Siroki supporters out there. That would definitely be good for the discussions.
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 16:42
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo Zagreb,,Benfica,Toronto FC ,Hrvatska,Srbija
Hey guys used to be a regular here but dunno what happend. Either way from what I know Bosanac you have done a great job here which is why usually this forum usually stays on the topic of footbal and doesnt get too political which is great. Congrats on the birth of your daughter man !!!

I whistle in a riot i strut in a rut im glad that lifes a B I T C H because that S L U T gives it up
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 16:47
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Congratulations Bosanac.
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 18:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by K®Le
The three nominees are all good guys IMO and Adnan should have been added to the list, had he not become XT's enemy .
I don't know this individual. I'm pretty new in here so that probably explains it. Care to say a few things about this "Adnan"?

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2006, 20:17
Star Player

Congratulations Bosanac

There is a nice core of posters in the BiH forum who have been here for a while now, and of course more active posters wouldn't hurt.

I understand the toughts by wanting Croatian and Serbian forumers to post more activly in this forum. Now, I haven't been active on this forum in months so I can't tell the situation now, but I haven't seen many Serbian posters being interested in Bosnian football or the NT in ways except when it is involving bosnian-serbian football or such. On the Croatian side it has been mostly the same, some people posting when it's about Siroki Brijeg etc but generally not showing any interest in Bosnian football or the NT. I think it will be very hard to attract forumers of the two bordering countries who will be active posters in several BiH topics.

I would support a Serbian or Croatian poster who has a big interest in BiH football and NT in general to be a moderator on our forum, seing that he is qualifed and respected of course by the other people on the forum.
This is not so much about what nationality you are really, it's more about having someone who can show that he is truely interested in BiH Football.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in