Y did Bosnia reject ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC in 1999 - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 08:34 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Inter,Cimbom ve Blaugrana!
Y did Bosnia reject ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC in 1999

cud anyne tell me y did BosniA REJECT IBRAHIMOVIC when he approached their national team in 1999?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 09:59
Star Player

im not sure, but i reckon that he had to give up his passport(swedish) in order to play for BIH. can somebody confirm this?
post #3 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 14:13
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, BIH NT
that is a fact, I can't really tell you why he was rejected but he did give up his swedish citizenship.

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova

post #4 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 14:14
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, BIH NT
I forgot to mention, this was the dumbest thing our FA has ever done. Zlatan is prolly one of my favorite players right now. sramota

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova
post #5 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 17:36
Rising Star

Citizenship has nothing to do with that, he has dual, Bosnian and Swedish. BiH FA wanted him to play an unofficial B team turnament in India first (which we won 1999 I think), while he wanted to play in A team. They didn't believe in him, that he was going to become so great. Zlatan and his father came to BH FA where they were a bit rude to them, with "who do you think you are" attitude... He was unknown then. Swedish FA were smarter, they believed in him all time so he play for Sweden now. End of story.
post #6 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 17:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
One small correction, we won the tournament in India, beating you 2-0 in the final, but continue..
post #7 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 17:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drulo
One small correction, we won the tournament in India, beating you 2-0 in the final, but continue..
that was so long time ago... but ok, you won

edit:
we were both wrong, it wasn't 1999, it was in january 2001, Millennium Cup, you won 2:0 in finals.

http://www.indianfootball.com/news/m200101.html

YUGOSLAVIA: Zarko Lucic (Vojin Prole), Vuk Rasovic, Igor Duljaj, Ivan Ilic, Goran Trobok, Vladimir Ivic (Dejan Osmanovic), Dusan Petkovic, Boris Vaskovic, Jovan Tanasijevic, Igor Bogdanovic, Dragoljub Jeremic.
BOSNIA: Adnan Guso, Omer Joldic, Sasa Papac (Senad Zeric), Munever Rizvic, Dalibor Nedic, Asmir Ikanovic, Zehrudin Kavazovic (Milan Ozren), Almedin Hota, Dzalaludin Muharemovic, Admir Adzem, Sead Seferovic.

Last edited by Kodro; September 8th, 2005 at 17:54.
post #8 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 18:12
Xtratime Legend

The guy is a diver and a crybaby i dont think you want him on the team especially now he would have acted like he was the boss of the team.
post #9 of 124 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2005, 18:53
Premier Player

In 1992 the swedish FA invited a mixed Balkan youth team to come to play a few matches against Malmo, Gothborg. Zlatan was a member of this Balkan youth team (Cros, Serbs, Bosnians, Macos), So they played against IFK Gothborg first. The Balkan team was down 0-4 by Halftime, then came Zlatan Ibrahimovic on pitch and scored 8 goals in 30 minuntes. In the end the Balkan youth team won 8-5! Against Malmo they won 4-0!

Nakon tih matcheva Svedani su poludili za Ibrahimovica i ponudili mu da moze ostane u Svedskoj i dalju pricu znate!
post #10 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 00:14
Rising Star

In a few years when Bosnia becomes one of the top teams (ako bogda) we will forget Ibrahimovic...
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 00:22
Premier Player

Teams: BiH & Croatia NT, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodro
Citizenship has nothing to do with that, he has dual, Bosnian and Swedish. BiH FA wanted him to play an unofficial B team turnament in India first (which we won 1999 I think), while he wanted to play in A team. They didn't believe in him, that he was going to become so great. Zlatan and his father came to BH FA where they were a bit rude to them, with "who do you think you are" attitude... He was unknown then. Swedish FA were smarter, they believed in him all time so he play for Sweden now. End of story.
This is exactly what happened.

Kaa-ko se tresu tribine sada....!! 11/10/03 (41:35 min)
post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 04:57
Xtratime Legend

Well your in 3rd place in your group a point behind Spain and if you win the last 2 games you will probably make it to the WC so i dont see a reason or need for this guy. btw just a few months ago who would have thought you would be in 3rd place and still have a shot it looked like a real long shot, amazing stuff by your NT. btw is Zlatan born in Sweden or Bosnia?
post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 05:46
Star Player

in sweden
post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 06:05
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_
in sweden
Then the only way to get him to play fo you would have been if his dad was patriotic told him to since he was a kid or if he really loves Bosnia and chose to do it cause most players play for the country where they were born.
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 07:13
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Isnt he born in Bijeljina?
post #16 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 08:40
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
I also heard that he was born in BiH.

What can we do about it now? No point in thinking what could have been, ko ga jebe (even though i think he is an awesome player)

As long as we have Barbarez we don't need anyone else

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #17 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 12:23
unnamed1

Bosna did not reject, Ibra did reject Bosna and that is the tru.... I remember the talks very well.... Bot Sweden wanted him and he wanted to play for Sweden so why see him as bosnian when he don't want to play for his nations where he is born?

but however it would habe been more then nice to have him in the bosnian NT since he is world class
post #18 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 14:14
International

Teams: Arsenal, Barbarez FC
I think ZLATAN would of given a HUMONGOUS booost in our teams quality and especially now wen bolic is bout to retire he would be the BEST replacement but what can we do...... shit happpens, life goes on.

WORLD CUP GERMANY 2006 HERE WE COME
HAJMO BOSNO BOSNO BOSNO HAJMO HERCEGOVINO....................

Legende BH Fudbala:

Sergej Barbarez, Meho Kodro, Elvir Bolic, Emir Spahic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Muhamed Konjic, Mirsad Hibic, Zvjezdan Misimovic.
post #19 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 15:17
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
In the swedish sportspaper called 'Sportmagasinet' they talk about what happend with Zlatan etc. He and his father Sefik was in NSBiH talking about a possible future for Zlatan in BiH NT, first we refused but then he got called up for Milennium Cup. Since our B-Tem was playing in Milennium Cup Zlatan didnt want to go, and we all know the rest....
post #20 of 124 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 15:37
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozniaN
In the swedish sportspaper called 'Sportmagasinet' they talk about what happend with Zlatan etc. He and his father Sefik was in NSBiH talking about a possible future for Zlatan in BiH NT, first we refused but then he got called up for Milennium Cup. Since our B-Tem was playing in Milennium Cup Zlatan didnt want to go, and we all know the rest....
det var ju inte riktigt fallet, men oki!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in