Intertoto 2005 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 21:09 Thread Starter
Rookie

Intertoto 2005

I have understood that Široki Brijeg FC will represent BIH in the Intertoto cup... The first team that Široki Brijeg FC will face is FC Beitar Jerusalem of Israel.

Because Široki Brijeg FC is not very famous team... What can you tell about this team? Do you thing this team can win Beitar easily?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2005, 21:34
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Hmm ok

Siroki won the league last year and faced Neftchi from Azerbaijan (2-1 and 0-1, they lost because of Neftchis away goal), this year they ended third in the league and were finalists in the cup where they lost against Sarajevo (1-0 and 1-1). To be honest ive no idea who would win between Siroki and Beitar but I know for sure that most of our teams are playing crap on awaymatches so it all depends how they play at home...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 02:39
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Siroki and Travnik have apparently qualified for Intertoto (licensing is the only remaining question)

I don't expect Travnik to win any games but Siroki are not a bad unit at all, i guess it will depend on what happens between now and the first round, Siroki has money so they could bring in players, they need to make up for their embaressing performance in Europe last season.

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 19:32
Rookie

I believe that Beitar will sweep trough Siroki without braking much sweat..... I have not heard much about Beitar Jerusalem but anyway they are favourites against Siroki!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2005, 19:43
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
Speaking as a Beitar fan we're not going to take these games seriously since it will badly hurt our pre-season preparations so I expect our coach to field a youth side mostly but we have some pretty good youngsters and I heard Siroki will do the same. I think we'll win but it's really unpredictable. I am not so sure I like this Intertoto but the chance of meeting some really big names sounds tempting. We've had a pretty average season and ended up 4th (eventhough this was our best position since our last title). Beitar is generally one of the big 3 teams of Israel but since our last title in 98 we've had some bad seasons until this year. We've had some nice results in Europe before but none of them meant much.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 11:36
Rookie

Hi, I´m a fan of Slovan Liberec ( http://www.dbs.wz.cz/deutsch/index_slovan.html ). Is it definite that our opponent in the 2nd round of the Intertoto Cup will be the teams of Jerusalem or Siroki Brijeg?
Thanks.
Slovan forever!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 17:45
Xtratime Legend

This is confusing our newspapers in Macedonia are saying today that Sileks will be playing Beitar in the Intertoto Cup, anyone know what the deal is??
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 21:51
Xtratime Legend

Well its official i read it on a couple of Bosnian sites and forums too, so the deal is that Siroki Brijeg will be playing in the UEFA Cup.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2005, 23:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
Yeah from our understanding Siroki is 100% in the UEFA Cup and since no other Bosnian team was able to get the license for Europe the 2nd Intertoto place now belongs to Macedonia, can we please have an official confirmation from any Bosnian?

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2005, 00:26
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It seems to be official, the below article is in Bosnian and it states that our football association did not register any clubs for the Intertoto Cup this season because of the licensing issue.
http://www.nezavisne.com/dnevne/sport/sp06072005-06.php

however it also indicates that the BiH football association has sent another appeal to UEFA to reverse it's decision...

so it's still not official.. sorry guys

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2005, 01:04
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac
It seems to be official, the below article is in Bosnian and it states that our football association did not register any clubs for the Intertoto Cup this season because of the licensing issue.
http://www.nezavisne.com/dnevne/sport/sp06072005-06.php

however it also indicates that the BiH football association has sent another appeal to UEFA to reverse it's decision...

so it's still not official.. sorry guys
Wouldnt be funny if they got the license then all the Sileks players who were called back to come back from there vacation will be ready to kill UEFA
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2005, 01:54
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

ok now it's official, no BiH reps in Intertoto Cup. Zeljo, Sarajevo and Travnik will not see Europe this season while Zrinjksi plays CL and Siroki might play in the UEFA CUP (depend if they can register them in time now).

R.I.P. NK Zeljeznicar

I'm locking this thread as it no longer serves a purpose.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in