post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 21:47 Thread Starter
Rookie

Jadranska Nogometna Liga

From Slovenia: 1 team
From Croatia: 2-3 teams
From BiH: 2 teams
From Serbia and Montenegro: 3 teams
From Macedonia: 1 team

10 teams is perfect.... Of course there would be some incidents at the beginning but in my opinion everything is better then these current leagues :thmbup:

Maybe could teams from other leagues join in: Hungary, Austria or somethong..... Bulgaria..... :thmbup:

And the teams should gain something from this league, Uefa Cup or something.... or else you have not much to play for and it would be difficult financially for the teams. What dou you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 21:55
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
Some Macedonian team (cant remember the name) is going to organize a tournament where the best ex-yugo teams are playing.....

and yea I agree our teams need a league like this to play more international matches (even thought its only ex-yu but anyway), It would also bring more ppl to the stadiums when they play old rivals (like in GYL)
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 22:24
Legend

Quote:
And the teams should gain something from this league, Uefa Cup or something.... or else you have not much to play for and it would be difficult financially for the teams. What dou you guys think?
You see UEFA doesn't like this sort of thing. They'll frown upon it. Even if you could prove to them that it's the best thing since sliced bread, they still wouldn't like it to happen. On the other hand, the GYL is supported by ULEB.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 22:38
World Class Player

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Željezničar
**** 'em, the scandinavians got their Royal League so we should be able to get our
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 22:39
World Class Player

Why 1 team from Slovenia and 2 from BiH? Slovenia has had CL representatives, deserves 2.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 22:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
:thmbdown: why should we help develop Serbian, Macedonian, Slovenian players? Call me crazy but I'm fine with the HNL.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:10
World Class Player

You dont help us develop our players dont be so frigging arrogant, the Croatian league is not above the Serbian one.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'd rather have a league of 12 Croatian teams playing with youngsters than having a league of 2-3 Croatian teams. I mean look at our U17's, U19's and U21's. I'd say 95% of them play in the HNL and they don't play badly..I am 100% against this plan.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:16
World Class Player

That is something else and sounds more understandable than the cocky thing you said before. But how many of those talented youngsters have actually become important players in Europe the last few years?
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Marko Babic, Darijo Srna, Tomislav Butina, Ivica Olic all played in the HNL in the past few years and now play for clubs that play in Europe.
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:23
World Class Player

Strange that you mention Darijo Srna since you hate Donetsk so much.

In any case, almost nobody heard of those guys (ok, compared to the former balkan stars) and they dont have the impact in Europe that I had in mind.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

what impact do you want? these guys are performing for the NT and are regulars at clubs which play in Europe.
I hate, hate, hate not only Donetsk, all Russian/Ukrainian clubs...ok I have some respect for Dinamo Kiev.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:30
World Class Player

the impact that people actually think '' o he, that good player from Croatia " like they think when they hear the name Prso, or Suker..

Croatia (&Serbia) will always have good players like these, but I want stars Out of those you mentioned I only like Srna a lot, the others are still pretty mediocre. Must be said that a league like this is no guarantee for success, either.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

the problem is the Russian/Ukrainian leagues. But recently some of our players have been going to Belgium which is in my opinion a better option than going east.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:35
World Class Player

Nah, they should go to Holland
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Holland is also a good league, especially if they go to Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord but I don't remember any Croatians in recent time playing there.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:40
World Class Player

AZ or Heerenveen are also good for young players.

Me neither. It's weird because we have Serbs in NL but never Cro's. While in Germany it seems the exact opposite. O, Jason Culina is a Cro but an Aussie one..
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Pranjic (Dinamo Zagreb) has interest from Heerenveen, he also has a few caps for our NT but he is a backup for Babic but now he might be a third choice behind Babic and Seric.
Germany is great for Croatian players. Josip Tadic 17 years old has signed for Bayer Leverkusen but will probably play for youth team...now the question, would Josip Tadic even play in the "Balkan League"? probably not.
This is why I am against it.....
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2005, 23:47
World Class Player

Heerenveen wants Kranjcar too.

Well if Tadic were bought by Hajduk or Dinamo he would, but I get what youre saying. On the other hand, 17 is very young, he needs to be very good or very lucky to do well in Leverkusen and not slide down to lets say Freiburg like teams. The Cro league would still exist next to a league like this so the Tadici of the region will be found, anyhow.

you are fast man!
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2005, 01:13
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
ain't gonna happen...

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in