Anybody here play soccer? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 18:42 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Anybody here play soccer?

I'm 19 now...I played HS soccer, I made the team in all the 4 years I tried out. I play on the right or left side of the midfield. I have good dribbling, good shot, good pass, good crossing, great stamina and fairly good speed. My main weakness is probably in the air, I dont think I am that great at it, and that is something I'm working on.

I'd love to try-out soon for at least a lower division side, to start at least, I know I can do well at that level for sure. I live in Canada though, and there is no soccer league, professional anyways, there is a semi-pro one with the US, but there is only a few teams, like 2-3, and Canada is a huge country.

I go to University, but unfortunatley the one I am at now does not have a soccer team.

So, it seems, here in Canada, after HS, and for some University, no more options.

Travelling to the US is maybe the only option for something more, but I am a poor student.

Any of you play? (or use to play) HS? local club team? rec league? or even better (some semi-pro, or even pro league?)

I'm probably going to end up playing in a local league (competetive) next year...which is not bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
why don't you play in the Bosnian first division for Zeljo? and then when you prove yourself there the Bih NT and Bayern Munich!
I played 3 of 4 years in college (didn't do it freshman year because didn't like the coach but luckily for me he left that year) but I didn't play in college. I know just play for fun and when I go to Croatia I play with my cousins and their friends and one of my cousins friends actually plays for NK Karlovac (third division I think) so I am proud to say I play against a pro..
I always played defender because my favorite players were Bilic and Tudor, had a good shot good in the air but I wasn't the fastest player in the world
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:45 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
why don't you play in the Bosnian first division for Zeljo? and then when you prove yourself there the Bih NT and Bayern Munich!
I played 3 of 4 years in college (didn't do it freshman year because didn't like the coach but luckily for me he left that year) but I didn't play in college. I know just play for fun and when I go to Croatia I play with my cousins and their friends and one of my cousins friends actually plays for NK Karlovac (third division I think) so I am proud to say I play against a pro..
I always played defender because my favorite players were Bilic and Tudor, had a good shot good in the air but I wasn't the fastest player in the world
hehe maybe

Really, I would play in Division 27, I dont really care..I just wish there was a pro league here in Canada, because otherwise lot of travelling, and I dont have the money. I know I'd do well in the lower divisions though, Division 2, Division 3...so maybe, I'll try Derby County first do they need a good right/left midfielder ?

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

actually believe or not...Derby don't need right/left midfielders because on the right we have a former Danish international and on the left we have a player who has a few Germany caps and played for Werder in the Bundesliga.
One player from my high school after he graduated is now playing in the Chilean league (don't know him well though), South America/Mexico is where some Americans go to play.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 19:59 Thread Starter
Legend

oh, well, I can beat them for their spot

Great thing about fudbal though is that there are so many leagues, so lots of places to play, and pro leagues, for different levels, and its really not bad money wise at most places. Sucks, that out of all the places, Canada is one place where there is no league at all when so many 3rd world countries, and countries in horrible condition have one.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 20:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

the only Canadian team I ever heard of was Toronto Lynx and they play in the "A" league which I think is the division below MLS.
Lynx have a Serbian player who played for Borac Cacak, a former Millwall player and they have a player who played in the second Bundesliga so pretty good players I'd say.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 20:12 Thread Starter
Legend

yep, there is also Montreal, and I think one or two more teams. Its a semi-pro league and its together with the Americans.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 01:27
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
I am a right back, strong built and don't mind going in for the rough challenges, air or ground :-), i am the ultimate air support during dead ball situations (80% of my goals are headers), i wouldn't class myself as a really good player but i have been called a very reliable one on many occasions.
I used to play for Liverpool Bossy here in Sydney (division 1 NSW) a few years ago but i have been way too busy with uni and now work to be able to commit to regular training sessions and all that. However I play every saturday with mates and the local boys at the park.
On the other hand i am a great arm chair critic!

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 01:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

wow a lot of talent here!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2004, 01:58 Thread Starter
Legend

cool Bosanac!

Interesting that your strength is my main weakness. If we combined into one, we would be like Henry...oh wait, Henry cant head that well...ok, so we would be better
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 15:41
Star Player

Am 14 and play football active every day.And I play on a youth team !but I wonder how the youth football is in Bosnia-Hercegovina is ?Is it good(growing) or bad?
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 16:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
I used to play for some local teams here in Antwerp (Belgium) and was actually very good, I played 5 seasons in total and was the topscorer of the team every season (I was a striker or attacker however you want to call it) but a bad injury ruined everything and I had to rest for 1 year. After that I started again and did well, scored about 20 goals but I had lost my condition and realised I just couldn't continue anymore, I think I'll try kick-box this years, wich I used to do for 2 years.

Watch the name Zajmovic, that's my surname and of 2 of my cousins who are extreme talents here in Belgium, believe it or not but you'll see that name again
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 17:17
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I've played since the age of 6 for a small club here in Rotterdam. I'm a tall pretty strong central defender but have also played a lot at rightback and as striker when I was younger.
I've also played against quite a few pro's, even Van Persie from Arsenal, Leonardo from Feyenoord and some more, needless to say these people taught me a good lesson.
Got invited by Feyenoord 2 times when I was 11/12 but didn't go there because I didn't want to leave my friends at the time. What was I thinking , either way I didn't have the mentality for a pro player. I'm way too lazy and when I was younger cared more for personal success than about the team.

Nowadays I only play indoor football, mostly former Yugoslav tournaments across Rotterdam. Just for the love of the game!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 17:34
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
BTW this might interest you guys. At my old club there was also a very talented kid a few years younger than me. He made it over to Feyenoord pretty soon and is still there, this year in the U18's. The interesting thing about him are his roots. His dad's from Novi Pazar and his mom's from Bosnia. I know the family, kid's called Emir, I'll check for his last name.

Also the best player in the Dutch U18 league playing for AZ is called Haris Medunjanin. Does anyone of you know this guy?
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2004, 19:31
Rising Star

i played football regulary when i was younger, and i was pretty good but verry selfish dribler, never passed the ball to others p
i played in a club for "pionirčići" :nervous: , and was among the best but made a pause of couple of years and never started again...

now i play only sometimes with my friends

Drulo, i think i heard about that other guy, medunjanin. sounds familiar but i don't know where i heard it...
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2004, 00:46
Star Player

Teams: Juventus, Bayern, Chelsea, BIH NT
I grew up playing soccer in Germany, I practiced ones when I was a kid with Werder Bremen. Played with Torsten Frings and a few other guys, can't really remember any names. Anyhow I am related to Amel Karic of slovenia, but never actually played with him. I did play soccer in HS.

Zemljo tisućljetna
Na vjernost ti se kunem
Od mora do Save
Od Drine do Une

Refren:
Jedna si jedina
moja domovina
Jedna si jedina
Bosna i Hercegovina

Bog nek' te sačuva
Za pokoljenja nova
Zemljo mojih snova
Mojih pradjedova
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2004, 01:12
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
also played for clubs, and the city side in the inter city championships, also have 6 caps for the New Zealand futsal team in World Cup qualifying, we lost out to Australia in 1999.

got called up for the National Team again in 2001, but I had already moved countries so I couldnt show up for training camp...

jebiga...I guess Im old now

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2004, 20:14
Star Player

What is your technical record?You know touchs on the ball,if you know what I mean:P
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2004, 01:07
Rookie

Haris Medjunanin and Admir Haznadar are the two biggest talents in Holland, and the Bosnian U-21 squad is supposedly trying hard to get them, but money and corruption are always at the forefront...so, another Ibrahimovic case is bound to happen....
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2004, 01:46
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
or 2 Ibrahimovic cases...

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in