PSG sign Ibisevic - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2004, 06:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
PSG sign Ibisevic

I thought it warranted its own thread!!

LeParisien.fr report Ibisevic has been signed to a 3 yr contract. All the paperwork from the US has been sent, and has signed in time to play tomorrow against Lyon in the French Super Cup. He will likley start along side Ljuboja since Pauleta is still injured.

It's amazing..the guy just turned 19yrs old recently and he gets signed by PSG! (and coming from college as a freshman)

Best of luck to him and I'm sure he is going to do great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2004, 08:25
©
International

Yeah he didn't want anything to do with Hajduk who were also after him. Good luck to him.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2004, 14:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamovac11
Yeah he didn't want anything to do with Hajduk who were also after him. Good luck to him.
Did he actually say something like that? or you just saying since he showed no interest there?

I think his concentration was 100% on PSG as soon as he knew he had a chance to try-out there.

BTW, not sure if he will start. Basically, since they loaned out one of those strikers, it is now: Ljuboja, Pauleta, Reinaldo and Ibisevic. Both Pauleta and Reinaldo had injuries..Reinaldo was more just not feeling 100%..so Reinaldo may start the game instead of Ibisevic. Ibisevic and Pauleta should be on the bench though.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2004, 21:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Didn't get into the game today....PSG lost on penalties 7-6 today (score was 1-1 at full time) so Lyon win the Super Cup.

I'm sure Vedad will get his chance some time...all that matters is that he is signed!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2004, 05:34
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
That is some great news, an excellent move for him and considering that he's only 19 i am scared to speculate about what might become of him.
Best of luck Vedad and i'm looking foreward to watching you play in Germany in 2006.

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2004, 16:04 Thread Starter
Legend

A story came out right after he signed, and PSG have created a problem for themselves. From what I understand, he has signed 3yrs, but he has only received a 6 month playing license. Of course there is a difference between being granted a license to play in the league (by the commision) and then the contract (which the club gives out). PSG loaned a player, and when he comes back in six months, PSG will have too many players that are not from France (breaking the rule), so that is the issue. So they have six months now to rectify the problem. Since they did sign him (to whatever..from the stories, its 3yrs) they must have an idea of what step they will take. The important thing is its clear that they want him to stay, or it be easy to just not give him a contract and there would be no issue.

And I feel the same way Bosanac, I dont want to speculate how good he will become, but its hard not to get excited. I have not seen as much talk about an up and coming Bosnian player as much as Ibisevic.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2004, 07:20
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Ibisevic nets PSG deal
Wednesday, 4 August 2004
Paris Saint-Germain FC have handed a three-year contract to Bosnian striker Vedad Ibisevic and at the same time announced that Portuguese midfielder Hugo Leal is leaving the club.

Impressive trial
The UEFA Champions League participants have struck a deal with Ibisevic after the 20-year-old impressed during a three-week trial, scoring several times in friendly games.

Spotted in the US
Ibisevic was spotted by compatriot Vahid Halilhodzic, the PSG coach, while playing college football in the United States. According to Halilhodzic, he "showed enough footballing ability and spirit to join the squad even if he will need a year or two to learn his trade."

High hopes
PSG have also loaned 18-year-old forward Franck Djadjedje to second-division Stade Brestois and parted company with Leal, the former SL Benfica player who arrived in the French capital in 2001 from Club Atlético de Madrid with high hopes.

Not regular
However, under first Luis Fernandez and then Halilhodzic, Leal failed to become a regular in the side. "Club and player have decided to split by mutual agreement," said a PSG statement.
www.uefa.com

i just thought i'd add this, seeing as the Manijak has forgotten

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2004, 11:34
Star Player

Maybe this kid will be present in the friendly vs France 18 aug in Rennes?
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2004, 15:07 Thread Starter
Legend

Possibly. With him signing with PSG, it probably makes it that much more likley.
We do however have a lot of fairly solid attackers (4), so for that reason, not sure.

Our manager will release the list of players for the game on the 11th.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2004, 16:40 Thread Starter
Legend

Ibisevic has been named as 1 of the 16 players listed for the opening game on Saturday against Rennes. He will be on the bench to start and hopefully he gets on and gets some minutes.

Been reading some of the French Newspapers, and in leparisien.fr it says that Ibisevic is really impressing. Right now Ljuboja and Reinaldo are leading the attack, while Pauleta is still not 100%, so he is starting on the bench as well. It mentions that in about a month, Pauleta will get his spot back and start games, but it says that Ibisevic is seriously making a case to get the 2nd attacking place, since he has looked like the most prolific striker the last few days (I guess training matches).

That would be amazing, for me, even if he gets to come off the bench for the rest of season, and get 20 minutes each game Since, even just recently, that was not expected, people expected that he may get 1 or 2 games over the whole season and mainly just watch.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2004, 21:23 Thread Starter
Legend

In the opening game for PSG..Ibisevic came off the bench and into the game at the 72nd minute. Unfortunatley, it was not the best of days for PSG. They started of horribly, and in the 22nd and 23rd minute, Rennes scored, 2 goals in almost a minute, and PSG were behind. They got one back just before the half ended, when Vaha took off Ljuboja and put in Pauleta..Pauleta scored on a PS. It was not enough though.

Ibisevic came in, and played well, got a chance, but PSG could not tie.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2004, 12:37
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
On the other side Ljuboja is injured (don't know how serious it is actually), Reinaldo and Fiorese got a 3,5/10 mark according to l'équipe . And Pauleta is not very happy with his situation in Paris. Ibisevic can manage to get his chance soon...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 03:44
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

he'l creep up there eventually...

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2004, 08:55
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Probably you got this one....

Vahid is not afraid to launch youth players. I remember when Vahid came at Rennes, we were last of the championship. The team was very poor, and Vahid decided to play with our youths. It worked and now they are important players of our team now.
Ibisevic will get time there.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 18:53
Star Player

Nice stuff!YEAH!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 18:58
Star Player

Can this player play for bosnia or is he US?
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 19:01 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emirho
Can this player play for bosnia or is he US?
No, dont think he is eligible to play for the US. He has only lived in the US 2-3yrs.

He has already played 2 friendly games for our U-21 team..scored in both! Pretty sure his intentions are to continue to play for BIH. Bosnian coaches are the ones that setup his try-out for PSG as well.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2004, 19:06
Star Player

Well I hope that he stayes in BiH! I hope that the bosna team will get more of these young and fresh players on the team to take over for the older.
I always think of Ibrahimovich and think how great it would be having him on the team.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2004, 04:17
Legend

Teams: BIH, FK VELEZ, MANCHESTER UNITED, TSG HOFFENHEIM
Vedo got injured in practice,and is out 10-15 days
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2004, 04:49
Legend

Teams: BIH, FK VELEZ, MANCHESTER UNITED, TSG HOFFENHEIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emirho
Well I hope that he stayes in BiH! I hope that the bosna team will get more of these young and fresh players on the team to take over for the older.
I always think of Ibrahimovich and think how great it would be having him on the team.
there is a huge difference between Ibisevic and ibrahimovic,Ibisevic already
turned down the US u-21 team,and WANTS to play for Bosnia,wheras Ibrahimovic never had any intention of playing for BiH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in