Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnians Playing For Other NTs (Missing Pieces From Bosnian Dream Team)

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Manijak 
#1 · (Edited)
Sweden:

01. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Ajax)

02. Bojan Djordjic (Manchester United)

Serbia-Montenegro:

03. Savo Milosevic (Osasuna)

04. Mladen Krstajic (Bremen)

05. Miroslav Stevic (Bochum)

Croatia:

06. Mario Stanic (Chelsea) - retired this summer

07. Drazen Ladic (played in WC 1998) - retired

08. Davor Suker (played in WC 1998) - retired

09. Ivan Klasnic (Bremen)

10. Igor Biscan (Liverpool)

11. Niko Kovac (Hertha Berlin)

12. Robert Kovac (Bayern Munich)

13. Dario Simic (AC Milan)

14. Stjepan Tomas (Fenerbahce)

15. Dado Prso (Rangers)

16. Bosko Balaban (Club Brugge)

17. Filip Tapalovic (Bochum)

18. Mato Neretljak (Hajduk Split)

Slovenia:

19. Ermin Siljak (Servette Genève)

20. Amir Karic (Torpedo Moscow)

21. Muamer Vugdalic (Shakhtar)

==================================

Source: BH Dani, No. 343, January 9th, 2004.

==================================

:broken: :broken: :broken: :broken:

See less See more
#4 ·
hmm I knew about the majority of the Croatia list, Klasnic actually had a choice between three countries! Bih, Croatia and Germany. Though I never knew about Biscan, Kovac brothers and Simic.
Imagine if some of these guys played for Bosnia, the team would be amazing along with some of the talent they have now!

#6 · (Edited)
HajdukSplit said:
hmm I knew about the majority of the Croatia list, Klasnic actually had a choice between three countries! Bih, Croatia and Germany. Though I never knew about Biscan, Kovac brothers and Simic.
Imagine if some of these guys played for Bosnia, the team would be amazing along with some of the talent they have now!
Yes, Klasnic had a choice but so did many others on the list. Niko's and Robert's parents moved from Bosnia to Germany. Igor Biscan is from Bugojno. Dario Simic, I believe he is from Travnik or Livno (not exactly sure which one it is).

#7 ·
Some of you are probably surprised to see Dado Prso on the list. His parents are from Bosanski Grahovac but moved to Zadar where Dado was born.

Source: BH Dani, No. 343, January 9th, 2004.

#9 ·
Bosanac said:
Well if he was born in Zadar then why do you class him as a lost 'Bosnian NT' candidate?

So if you marry a Bosnian woman and your child is born in Australia, he is not going to be Bosnian? That would be the same thing if you said Mark Viduka is not Croatian!

#10 ·
Dj, with that logic, you can wipe out Milosevic, Krstajic and Stevic from your list. Even Djordjic.

#11 ·
red star forever said:
Dj, with that logic, you can wipe out Milosevic, Krstajic and Stevic from your list. Even Djordjic.
Exactly my point!

DJ you can't have it both ways, if we are going to chase players whose parents were born in Bosnia then you can't argue with the players playing for the Serbian and Croatian NT's because their parents were born over there.

#13 ·
red star forever said:
Red Star, "Serbians" do not exist in Bosnia, only Orthodox Christian Bosnians. Muslims from Sandzak are not BOSNIAKS, they are SERBIANS. Milan Rapaic is not a Serb, he is an Orthodox Christian Croatian. Sinan Sakic and Saban Saulic are Muslims but they are Serbs. Nationality and religion are two different things, you should know this by now.

#14 ·
DJ Bungi said:
So if you marry a Bosnian woman and your child is born in Australia, he is not going to be Bosnian? That would be the same thing if you said Mark Viduka is not Croatian!
huh?

Viduka is Croatian Australian. He was born in Australia and should be playing for Australia.

Going by your theory the Croatian, Serbian and BiH NT's would be completely different.

#19 ·
DJ Bungi said:
Red Star, "Serbians" do not exist in Bosnia, only Orthodox Christian Bosnians. Muslims from Sandzak are not BOSNIAKS, they are SERBIANS. Milan Rapaic is not a Serb, he is an Orthodox Christian Croatian. Sinan Sakic and Saban Saulic are Muslims but they are Serbs. Nationality and religion are two different things, you should know this by now.

True, Serbians do not live in BiH but in Serbia. SERBS, however,do live in BiH :angel: Nationality and religion are different you´re right, but you forget ethnicity. My view on the matter. Don´t discuss pls cause I´ve already read your opinion :smileani:

#23 ·
DJ Bungi said:
Monte, please read some of Balkan's history books.
A) I've read enough

B) You mean those books that aren't any older than 10 years? After all, before that, Bosnian wasn't even a nationality.. Serbs in BiH are Bosnian and /or Herzegovinian by nationality [not sure what its called] and Serb by ethnicity. Period..

Now enjoy the summer, as will I :cool:

ciao!

#24 ·
monte said:
A) I've read enough

B) You mean those books that aren't any older than 10 years? After all, before that, Bosnian wasn't even a nationality.. Serbs in BiH are Bosnian and /or Herzegovinian by nationality [not sure what its called] and Serb by ethnicity. Period..

Now enjoy the summer, as will I :cool:

ciao!
Ethnicity, when did this start? In 1992?

#25 ·
No matter who i marry, if my child is born in Australia, he will be an Aussie with a Bosnian background and it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to realise that.
If any of the guys you listed chose to play for BIH --- great!!! But i would have never even in my wildest dreams expected anyone that is not born in BiH to play for the NT.

DJ lets agree to disagree, i don't see logic in your argument but you do and that's that.

Ed please lock this thread! It is way off topic! Let's try and stick to football, cheers.

#26 ·
In the end all that matters is that these players for whatever reason are not playing for BIH. We all have one nation we connect we and we dont neccesarily have to be born there either. Really, think about it, do we want players playing for us that are not exactly 100% into the idea? I sure dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.