Bosnia in Group 7 for WC Qualifiying 2006 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2003, 18:44 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Bosnia in Group 7 for WC Qualifiying 2006

We are in Group 7, a difficult group, we could have gotten a easier group, at least by one team, but we could have also gotten a harder group.

Spain
Belgium
Serbia and Montenegro
BOSNIA
Lithuania
San Marino

I think all the teams will be into this right up until the end, except obviously San Marino.

Hopefully similar to how our Euro group went. We had the chance to finish first with the last game, but a loss, we would finish 4th, so very tight.

We obviously have to do ourself a favour buy playing well, and creating at least 1 or 2 upsets.

Hard to comment on anything now however, we do not know the state that our team will be in when the qualifying begins, and we do not know much about our opposition and where they will stand at that time either.

Right now we can just comment on past accomplishments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2003, 23:43
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
i think that the group is fd up
I really didn't want Spain, wuold have prefered England, Sweden or Turkey.... Belgium aint that bad but we could have done better. But SCiG in our group is just shit news, i am afriad that some of our players might not perform at their best ability when playing against them. I hope i am wrong but the media knows how to put crappy political pressure on players and therefore might affact us. Anyway what can you do now? Nothing but hope that the team kicks arse.

We need a number of good quality friendlies to warm up for this alcatraz gruop!!!!

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 01:04
Star Player

Teams: CROATIAN NT, NK Zadar, Real Madrid CF
BiH will beat Serbia.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 03:20
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
Should be a very interesting and exciting group.
I'm looking forward to it, just hope the games against our two teams don't get too out of hand (with the fans, etc.)
Anyways, good luck in the group, I wanna see Serbia and Bosnia in Germany 2006

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 03:39
Legend

Look who comes to comment...

This will be one tough group no doubt, but from Serbia's and Spain's perspective it is doable. I just hope Spain gets screwed

However I will tell you now that the chances of Bosnia winning a match in Belgrade are very slim. If Bosnia comes out of Serbia with a point they should be very happy. Playing in B&H will be a different story, though depending on where the game is played it might not be like playing completely away from home for Serbia (you know why, no need to start a lengthy discussion about it). On paper, Serbia is most definetely a stronger team.

Other than the two matches against us , I wish you blokes luck. Please beat Spain and hopefully if we play our best and the reffing is fair we can defeat the Spaniards and you can sneak into 2nd!

You guys missed out a historic opportunity against Denmark, now it'll be tougher, some key players older, but certainly you will be no walkover - for any team.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:00
Xtratime Legend

Well said Andrija (like usual)
I think that Bosnia will cause a lot of problems for Spain and Belgium respectively. You will cause problems for us too, know doubt, but I think both of our teams can help each other out in taking some points off Belgium and Spain.
PS. Question for the Bosanci, would you think that many of your elder NT players would decide not to retire so that they could play against us (Serbian) in the qualifiers?
I hope you guys take this question the right way, just asking because perhaps they would really like to beat Serbia and would consider coming back to do just that?
(or perhaps the rivalry isn't as big as I'm thinking...)

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:14 Thread Starter
Legend

Truthfully, I do not know.

The players that are in question are: Bolic, Hibic and Konjic.

Aside from them, I would be surprised if anyone else was retiring, or if they wanted to quit the team or something like that.

Bolic was a terrific player, and he still is pretty good but he is definetley replacable. We are fairly good in the middle, so Baljic or even Salihamidzic could very well take the strikers position, or even another young player, maybe Skoro, who is doing well in the BIH league.

Losing him would not be that huge likley.

On the other hand losing Hibic and Konjic, or even one is huge.

These are our central defenders. There is absolutley nobody in my mind that could take over their spots and do as a effective job as they have, and central defence is key.

Would they change their mind on retirement to play against Serbia ?

I dont know. I mean the players realize this is not something that is set up by our national soccer associations, they realize we were drawn in the same group so we have to play them.

So I know for a fact that they wouldn't decide to retire based on the group.

In my honest opinion, I do not think a lot of the players care for the politics and that is what our games will involve.

So if anything, maybe it moves them further into going into retirement.

Kind of interesting question though.

Muhamed Konjic fought in the war and everything, and he is just a warrior, he is huge, and just an amazing worker, it be interesting to see what he would say.

I dont know if he has it in him anymore to go through another fight.
He has been through quiet abit.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:18 Thread Starter
Legend

And Andrija, unless the game is in Banja Luka, which I doubt. I really dont think there will be that many Serb supporters, be kind of stupid, just like a lot of Bosnians going to Serbia, basically just asking for it.

If its in Zenica, forget about it. We would likley like to play there, we have NEVER lost there. They have to do renevations on the stadium.

If its in Sarajevo, then there will be some I presume. The stadium has 25,000+ more seats, and in general more Serbs in the surrounding region.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:40
Xtratime Legend

I have a feeling there will be fans from both sides for both games no matter what
Only if both nations can agree to some sort of arrangement like England - Turkey, but I don't see that happening.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:52 Thread Starter
Legend

Yeah, you are likley right.

I thought World War 3 was gonna happen, but not this early.

Hopefully they can come to some agreement. I just see no way of these games being completed peacefully.

In a way Bosanac is right, this is ****ed up.

I dont want to see dirty politics anymore, I dont want to see nationalism, violence, I've already seen it. I just want to watch the ****in game.

Hopefully, we are wrong, and we see just tension, and not what tension usually leads to.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 04:53
Legend

Quote:
If its in Zenica, forget about it. We would likley like to play there, we have NEVER lost there
As they say, there's a first time for everything

If the game is played in Sarajevo, probably a 1/4 of the stadium will be on our side. They won't play in BL, it would be like playing the Serbia game in Novi Pazar.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 06:12
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

a very good question, i actually do think that the draw might persuade some of the older players to stay on just to get the opportunity to qualify over SCIG. But would that be a good thing for our NT? Leting players stay on just for the sake of glory and not allowing those young, hungry talented guns to show what they have would be a disaster. I think that we have quite a few up and coming young talented players that could fill the shoes if necesary, but one things for sure, we need quite a number of good quality friendlies to gel the new team in, whatever it might look like. After all our u-21 team did great in these last qualifiers and were on the verge of qualifying.
In my opinion i think it is safe to say that Konjic and Hibic will not play for sure, which sux coz thay are the core of our defence but hey thats life.

Anyway Baka is very capable of putting a team together and with names such as Barbarez, Salihamidzic, Grujic, Baljic, Skoro, Hasagic, Bajramovic to name just a few he'l manage!!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2003, 16:54 Thread Starter
Legend

I really hope Skoro is ready make the jump.

He is leading the scoring in the BIH league. I guess thats not saying much, but its time for him to start playing for the NT, rather as a sub, or whatever, but he needs to be tested out during our friendlies next year.

Barbarez can still do it up front.

In the mid, we are strong: Sali, Grujic, Bajramovic, Baljic, Krunic, Hrgovic, Bartolovic, Besljia, and maybe Lago.

Defender wise, we are kind of dead: if those two retire (konjic and hibic) I dont know anybody who would be a good replacement at central defender. On the sides Papac/Spahic/Music/Berberovic all do a fair job, and sides are fairly strong, even Beslija can go back.

The only guy who could play that is maybe Biscevic, he would be ok there.

And Hibic is born in 73, would be kind of surprising if he retired internationally.

He needs to find a club he will regularly play on however, I heard he is likley leaving Athletico Madrid very soon.

Konjic is 3 years older, so I would not be surprised by his decision to retire.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2003, 01:10
BARRED!
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally posted by croguy
BiH will beat Serbia.
I have to agree.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2003, 01:15
Legend

Ante, I wanna see you put 150$ on that ticket and then I'll be as convinced as you are.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2003, 08:42
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally posted by Mare
Should be a very interesting and exciting group.
I'm looking forward to it, just hope the games against our two teams don't get too out of hand (with the fans, etc.)
Anyways, good luck in the group, I wanna see Serbia and Bosnia in Germany 2006
I'd rather see Hercegovina and Montenegro

j/k...

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2003, 19:48
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

iI feel sorry for the games' comentators for the BiH - SiCG game, everyone wants equality and everyone request political correctness so the full names of the countries will have to be used and Bosna i Hercegovina - Srbija i Crna Gora is a bloody mouthfull!!!! especially in English
eg: " welcome to this historic, ever so exciting and much prmomising world cup qualifiers encounter between the two Balkan neighbours, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and Monte Negro.' People will think there is two games being lpayed on the one field.... and wont know what to yell out

let me predict an upset Lithuania - Spain 1:1

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2003, 20:00
Legend

Znate onaj vic...pita Mujo Hasu
- djes kren'o?
- idem na utakmicu!
- a ko igra?
- Srbija i Crna Gora i Bosna i Hercegovina
- pa bolan nije to utakmica to je turnir!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2003, 20:04
Legend

Oh yeah and one more thing....this summer I was watching the waterpolo championships...well the poor guy commentating the game just kept calling the team "nasi"...."i evo napadaju nasi"..."odlicna akcija nase reprezentacije"..."dakle rezultat, nasi 3 Grcka 2" and so on. Then for one game the commentator which was actually at the pool couldn't come in for the first half because of technical difficulties, and the guy who replaced him (an older one) just kept saying "i evo jos jedan napad Jugoslavije"...."Jugoslavija vodi 2:0"..."kakva akcija, to samo jugosloveni mogu" as if it was the most normal thing
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2003, 03:18
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
old school commentators, can't blame 'em too much...

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in