Official National Team News Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 16:51 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
Official National Team News Thread

Here keep any news related to the NT and players that play for the NT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 17:17 Thread Starter
Legend

World Cup 2006 in Germany

The draw will take place at 5 pm on 5 December 2003 at the Frankfurt am Main Festhalle.

Also. how do they decide which pot countries go in ? Fifa Rankings ?
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 18:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Who is coming back to the NT for another shot ?

Is this it for Bolic, Konjic, Hibic ? Maybe Barbarez ?

All of these players because of age.

Here is a list of all our players, who are getting up in age. No player is going to want to go through qualifying if they cant be there for 2006.

I really believe if we can keep a good core, we have a shot:

Mirsad Hibic - 30 (33yrs in 2006)

Muhamed Konjic - 33 (36yrs in 2006)

Sergej Barbarez - 32 (35yrs in 2006)

Vedin Music - 30 (33yrs in 2006)

Elvir Bolic - 32 (35yrs in 2006)

--------------------------------------------------------

These are the guys, 5 of them, who are starting players for us, key players, and they are all veterans now, and when 2006 comes around, they will be up there in age.

Hopefully some of these guys stick around, if not as starters, hopefully subs.

We need to start in the next few friendlies, before the qualifying begins, give some youngsters a shot to get the starting job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is things to be happy with, we have a good young core that will be around for another qualification:

Kenan Hasagic (starter)
Hasan Salihamidzic (starter)
Elvir Baljic (starter)
Zlatan Bajramovic (starter)
Vladan Grujic (starter)
Mirsad Beslija (starter)
Sasa Papac (starter - sometimes)
Mirko Hrgovic (starter - sometimes)
Mladen Bartolovic (starter)
Emir Spahic (starter)
Dzemal Berberovic (starter- sometimes)
Branislav Krunic (sub)
Samir Muratovic (sub)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 18:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
There are alot of players who still can keep up untill WC 2006 and they'll only improve + I'm very confident Bosnia will produce some young talents.

I don't know if anyone of you knows anything about Eldar Hadzimehmedovic but I read he scored 6 goals in the Uefa cup qualifying round and he's only 18 or 19 years old.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 18:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Yeah...do you think Skoro will be moved up to the NT ?

What about Zilic ? where is he now ? he was another young guy with potential.

and yeah I have heard about that guy, is it for sure that he will play for BIH ?

Barbarez and Bolic, Konjic and Hibic are huge for us. Two very strong players in the front, and two very strong players in the back.

If they dont stay, and even if they do, but they lose their touch, we are in DEEP trouble.

Skoro, Zilic, or any of these rookies will not be able to save us IMO for 2006 at least.
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 19:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Milan, BIH NT, Velez Mostar
Don't be too worried new players can become stars in just a couple of months.

Skoro moved too early to Marseille imo, he didn't play at all, lost his touch and then returned to Sarajevo if I'm not wrong?

The same problem with Zilic: He doesn't get to play at all in Hertha

Quote:
and yeah I have heard about that guy, is it for sure that he will play for BIH ?
No I'm not 100% sure but everywhere he's named they say he's Bosnian so that has to mean something.

Himna BIH

Mojoj dragoj BIH - BHFanaticos

Ne mogu te oni mrzit koliko te mi volimo
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 19:17 Thread Starter
Legend

Yeah, Skoro plays for Sarajevo. He actually scored last game against Zeljeznicar.

I knew Zilic played for Hertha before, but I thought maybe he changed teams.

Why would he stay at a team that he isn't playing at all with ?

I went to the Hertha site, and he wasn't there. So I dont know if he still plays there.

He is born in 82 though, so he is still fairly young.

You are right though, in the next few months, by time of Portugal, we could have a new star.
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2003, 21:57
Rookie

We should not put much hope in Zilic, he left Hertha 2 yars ago or something, maybe he plays now in a lower league

Oh and I know 2 other interesting and YOUNG players:

for Music -> Anel Dzaka (Midfield), plays in Osnabrück (2nd german league, together with Berberovic) Dzaka is also on loan from Leverkusen, just like Berberovic

for Bolic -> Jovica Vico (Striker), plays in Rapid Vienna as a joker (4 goals in 5 games), hes currently lightly injured

But our biggest problem is the central DEFENSE!
Our captain Hibic, and also Konjic said that they are going to stop with their carreer after Euro 2004 !

What you guys think who could make it for this position?

Outside of BiH we don't have any Star-Defenders

On the bench we have Alihodzic
Alihodzic plays for Sarajevo, and Sarajevo is currently the best team in the Defense
The bad thing: he is very old (born 1968)
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2003, 19:45 Thread Starter
Legend

So you believe Barbarez will go for another shot then, he will be around for 2006 qualification ? since he is the same age as Bolic.

But I think he will, he continues to be one of the better players in Germany, so I hope he will decide to stay on with the NT.

For Bolic ? how about Skoro, in about half a year or so maybe this kid could step in ? I mean we know he has the skill, he is doing pretty good in the league, he just needs more experience.

and is there actually any word on Bolic ? is it 100% sure he is done with the NT ?

Music ? For me it doesn't matter either way, I mean he is a pretty good player but he is replacable.

Hibic and Konjic, it looks like they will retire. I think that Sliskovic will be able to change at least one of their minds, I mean Hibic is only 30 right ? he will be 33, a fair age at 2006.

Konjic though, he will just be too old, but that leaves a huge gap for us.

At this point that is one position that is going to be very hard to fill in. We just dont have a great DC at this time.

And what about Lago ? He did get our citizenship, if he turns out good, that should improve our position.
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2003, 20:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Srbija, Crvena Zvezda
How have your youth teams been doing? (U-21, U-19, etc.) and are there any young prospects coming out of those that could be the 'next big thing' for the NT ?

NIKO NEMA STO SRBIN IMADE

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA
post #11 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2003, 20:20 Thread Starter
Legend

Our U21 did ok.

We finished 3rd in the group behind Denmark and Norway who had 19 pts, we finished with 13pts, ahead of Romania with 7 and Luxembourg with 0.

We beat Romania and Luxembourg both times, and we drew Norway once.

The games we did lose, in almost all instances we would let up for a few minutes, and they would get 1 or 2.

U19, not good.

They went 0-3, they lost 2 very close games, but neverthless, they lost.

U17, they haven't started yet, Oct 18 I believe.
post #12 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2003, 20:31 Thread Starter
Legend

Sadness fades in Sarajevo

Monday, 13 October 2003 Print
Send

By Fuad Krvavac

Bosnia-Herzegovina have good reason to be proud of their achievements

A draw in their final Group 2 qualifying game against Denmark meant Bosnia-Herzegovina missed out on UEFA EURO 2004™ in agonising fashion.

Heroic underdogs
In the days following the 1-1 draw in Sarajevo, which ended Bosnian hopes of a trip to Portugal, football fans in the former Yugoslavian republic are gradually getting used to the idea that their push for qualification has been a glorious failure.

Blaž Sliškovic's side were one goal away from the finals

So close
However, those who followed Blaž Sliškovic's side have good reason to be proud of the fact that, at full-time in the Koševo stadium, they had been just one goal away from winning Group 2 and booking a place in the finals of a major international tournament for the first time in the country's history.

Non-stop effort
Trailing to a 12th-minute goal from Martin Jřrgensen, Sliškovic's team equalised after 39 minutes through Elvir Bolic. Although the Danes had chances to restore their lead, Bosnia-Herzegovina toiled to the final whistle to find the goal that would have sent them into the UEFA European Championship finals.

Tearful finale
Tears greeted the final whistle in Sarajevo as a team boasting the likes of Hasan Salihamidzic, Sergej Barbarez and Mirsad Hibic realised that their European dream had come to nothing. However, while the sadness will remain, a sense of pride in their achievements will buoy Bosnia-Herzegovina in the future.

I am sad and I will be whenever I remember this night

Sergej Barbarez

'One step away'
"This night was sad," said Hamburger SV midfield player Barbarez. "I am sad and I will be whenever I remember this night, 11 October. We were one step away from a huge success, but we didn't manage it. But, on the other hand, we showed that this team has spirit and we will be respected wherever we go in Europe."

Impressive display
Certainly, Denmark will have been impressed by what they saw in Sarajevo where a huge crowd gathered to will the home favourites on. Few would deny, though, that Morten Olsen's side did enough to earn the point that booked their passage to Portugal next summer.

Right decisions
Indeed, Olsen's men already had good reason to be wary of Bosnia-Herzegovina, having lost their only game of the qualifying campaign to Sliškovic's team in Copenhagen on 2 April. "I didn't pick the right lineup," Olsen said after that defeat. On Saturday 11 October, he clearly made amends.

Positive outcome
However, nothing can take away from the Bosnians' achievement even though they finished fourth in the table, a point behind Norway and Romania. The team crossed ethnic barriers in a nation still riven with tensions from recent wars and demonstrated to the world the depth of their footballing ability.

Young talent
Moreover, with the coach making use of the talent available in the domestic league as well as players plying their trade abroad, Bosnia-Herzegovina have the potential to bounce straight back from this setback.

I hoped, I believed, but it didn't work out

Vladan Grujic

Great potential
"I hoped, I believed, but it didn't work out," said Vladan Grujic, one of the team's youngest players, after the game. "This is a difficult moment, but we realised that this country has a good team. There will be more qualification campaigns in the future."

Reason to believe
There is still plenty of sadness in Sarajevo, but as that mood lifts, what remains for football supporters in Bosnia-Herzegovina is hope for the future and the memory of a proud campaign that almost ended in glory.
post #13 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2003, 22:42 Thread Starter
Legend

Now that I look at our team, we still do have hope:

Our midfield looks VERY good: Salihamidzic, Baljic, Bajramovic, Grujic, Beslija, Music, Hrgovic, Bartolovic i Lago.

Those are 9 quality midfielders.

I would guess that Barbarez will stick around, he is still a great striker.

Since we have so much depth in the middle, Baljic AND Salihamidzic can play as strikers as well. Baljic is really a Striker/Midfilelder. While Sali has played all the positions as well.

If Bolic stays, I think he should play as a sub, a veteran we can use at the end, that is proven.

The biggest issues comes with our defence.

If Hibic stays, it will look pretty good too, if both he and Konjic retire, we will have trouble.
post #14 of 153 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2003, 00:15 Thread Starter
Legend

Some player news:

Vladan Grujic impressed some scouts last game from Italian league teams. He very well could ink a deal soon with an Italian club. The main team being Torino.

Torino were also impressed by two youngsters in the BIH league, and they could get try-outs with these teams, these two being, Arben Avdija and Damir Mirvic.

Finally, Kenan Hasagic seems to be having conversations with French league team, Marseille, and may be transfered there soon.
post #15 of 153 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2003, 00:29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ED123
Now that I look at our team, we still do have hope:

Our midfield looks VERY good: Salihamidzic, Baljic, Bajramovic, Grujic, Beslija, Music, Hrgovic, Bartolovic i Lago.

Those are 9 quality midfielders.

I would guess that Barbarez will stick around, he is still a great striker.

Since we have so much depth in the middle, Baljic AND Salihamidzic can play as strikers as well. Baljic is really a Striker/Midfilelder. While Sali has played all the positions as well.

If Bolic stays, I think he should play as a sub, a veteran we can use at the end, that is proven.

The biggest issues comes with our defence.

If Hibic stays, it will look pretty good too, if both he and Konjic retire, we will have trouble.
Ye the midfield is pretty good, and we got many players for this.

Wich should stay like that!, Before Sliskovic played any matches with BiH he said that for every position he will get 2 players, so the competition for the 1st team will be at max level...

But for DEF and FORward it looks bad... we dont have any proven sub players IMO

Best 1st team+sub IMO was:
GK-Hasagic(Tolja), DL-Music(Papac), DC-Konjic(?), DC-Hibic(?), DR-Spahic(Berberovic), DM/MC-Bajramovic(Biscevic/Grujic), ML-Hrgovic(Grujic), AMC-Barbarez(Grujic), MR-Salihamidzic(Beslija), SC-Baljic(?), SC-Bolic(?)
post #16 of 153 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2003, 00:30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ED123
Some player news:

Vladan Grujic impressed some scouts last game from Italian league teams. He very well could ink a deal soon with an Italian club. The main team being Torino.

Torino were also impressed by two youngsters in the BIH league, and they could get try-outs with these teams, these two being, Arben Avdija and Damir Mirvic.

Finally, Kenan Hasagic seems to be having conversations with French league team, Marseille, and may be transfered there soon.
good news, i hope they make it to there and get 1st team players!
specially grujic, as Borac is in deep financial crisis
post #17 of 153 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 02:28
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
Boys i'm sure Sliskovic knows what he's doing, he's probably aware of some players out there that we don't even know about yet, i don't think that he will let us down. And i'd like to say this: 'THERE'S NO I IN TEAM', 'Koga nema bez njega se i moze' Our boys have proven that they finally play like a team and one 2 or 3 guys retiring wont be a biggy, others will step in and replace them!

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #18 of 153 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 08:47
Premier Player

Teams: BiH & Croatia NT, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool
Rickardo Bajano, Brazilian-born, received our citizenship today. He's 23 and will be called up for our next friendly game. He currently plays for Siroki Brijeg and has been in BiH for 3 months; the best player in our league.
post #19 of 153 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 09:32
Rookie

What position does Bajano play?

---
btw, this is the 1000th post on this forum ......
post #20 of 153 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2003, 11:33
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
yeah thats prety good 1000 posts and now i'm 1001

well done

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in