News and Transfers Thread... - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2003, 00:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
News and Transfers Thread...

Here you can post the latest Bosnian soccer news, transfers of Bosnian players, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2003, 22:52 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Bosanskohercegovački nogometni reprezentativac Mirko Hrgović novi je član njemačkog Wolfsburga, javljaju agencije. Dvadesetčetverogodišnji nogometaš, dosadašnji član prvoligaša iz Širokog Brijega, s Wolfsburgom je potpisao trogodišnji ugovor.
In Bosnian/Croatian

Quote:
VfL Wolfsburg have signed Bosnia-Herzegovnian international Mirko Hrgovic from NK Široki Brijeg.

Rau replacement
The 24-year-old defensive midfield player has committed himself to three years with the 1. Bundeliga club. General manager Peter Pander said: "His position is in defensive midfield, on the left, but he's very versatile. We expect him to compensate for Tobias Rau's departure." The 23-year-old Rau has left Wolfsburg to play for FC Bayern München next season.

Romania match
Hrgovic is in his country's squad to face Romania on 7 June in Group 2. Bosnia are currently lie in fourth place in Group 2 with six points from four matches so far, but are just a single point behind second-placed Denmark.
Here is in English

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to him there. Hopefully he can help out against Romania as well.

Last edited by Manijak; May 31st, 2003 at 04:35.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2003, 23:30
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
He will join or Mostarac and international Tomislav Maric..I saw him play once at the pecara, he had a crap day though.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2003, 04:47 Thread Starter
Legend

This news didn't happen too long ago...

Halilhodzic set for PSG
Tuesday, 13 May 2003
Vahid Halilhodzic has agreed to become the next coach of Paris Saint-Germain FC.

Four-year deal
"We talked until late last night and we fixed the last details this morning," PSG chairman Francis Graille said after a four-year contract was agreed. Halilhodzic, who had already announced he would be leaving Stade Rennais FC in the summer, will be officially named tomorrow as successor to Luis Fernandez who will relinquish the reins at the Parc des Princes club at the end of the season.

Fruitful relationship
Halilhodzic's appointment means he will resume his working relationship with Graille, which bore fruit during their time together at LOSC. They lifted LOSC from the second division to a place in the UEFA Champions League in a three-year spell between 1999 and 2001. Halilhodzic's brief will be to bring PSG their first trophy since the French Cup triumph in 1998.

Survival mission
First Halilhodzic, who turns 50 on Thursday, will try to secure Rennes' survival in Ligue 1. He took over the club on 18 October when they were bottom of the table and has lifted them out of the relegation zone and into 17th place, albeit only on goal difference. Rennes travel to Paris to play PSG next week.

PSG old boy
Halilhodzic, a former Yugoslavian international striker, played for PSG in the late 1980s, following a successful spell with FC Nantes Atlantique. He began his coaching career with FK Velez in Bosnia-Herzegovina, the club where he made his name as a player, before winning the African Champions League with Moroccan club Raja Casablanca in 1997. He joined LOSC the following year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for him, he is a fantastic coach, nice to see him with a pretty good team.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2003, 21:13 Thread Starter
Legend

Bosnian signs up until 2006

02.06.2003 | The shape of the Bayern side of the immediate future is becoming increasingly clear: following the successful conclusion to the Munich giants' DFB Cup campaign, general manager Uli Hoeneß and wide midfielder Hasan Salihamidzic have agreed a new deal extending the player's contract, which expires in June 2004, for a further two years. The verbal agreement, which was reached while the team was in Berlin for the Cup final, will be committed to paper in the next few days.

The player nicknamed Brazzo, who has been in Munich since 1998, follows Owen Hargreaves, Roque Santa Cruz, Jens Jeremies and Willy Sagnol in committing his future to the Bundesliga champions until the year of the World Cup in Germany. Veteran defender Thomas Linke and Bixente Lizarazu have both agreed terms keeping them at the club until 2004.

Salihamidzic appeared just 12 times in the Bundesliga last season. In November, he sustained cruciate ligament damage to his right knee for the second time within the space of 12 months. He has had surgery twice, and has spent the last few months working intensively towards recovering full fitness, recently resuming squad training.

With his immediate future settled, the Bosnia international will be looking forward to the start of pre-season training on 3 July. The hard-running midfielder is expected to play a major role in Bayern's assault on the Champions' League next term.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy he is staying with Bayern Nice to see they still have confidence in him even with the injury trouble.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2003, 08:35
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
this is great news for Hase and Vahid

i am extatic

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2003, 01:48
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Halihodzic is a class coach who's well respected in France, I hope he does a good job with PSG.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2003, 19:55
Declining Star
Rising Star

Teams: ASR FCS BIH
It seams that Dzemo Berberovic of FC Sarajevo will continue his career either in Werder Bremen or Hertha Berlin. This is more than speculation
I hope FCS will get some serious $$$ here
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2003, 02:28
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I wonder how many of these transfer rumours will actually eventuate, every year on the off-season news start flying that all these Bosnians are going evrywhere and then in the end it all turns out to be crap!!!

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2003, 14:42 Thread Starter
Legend

Celik hand the reins to Handžic

Irfan Handžic has replaced Hajrudin Djurbuzovic as coach of Bosnia-Herzegovnian Premier League side NK Celik.

New ideas
Djurbuzovic left the club after leading Celik to a fifth-placed finish in the 2002/03 season, and his replacement, the 43-year-old Handžic, has pledged to bring new ideas to the club.

'A great honour'
"It is a great honour to be coach of Celik," said Handžic. "I want to introduce new methods in the club, cut the squad to 25 players and I will only think about possible new signings after I have seen the potential of the existing squad. I know that Celik merit a place at the very top of Bosnian football and this is what we will try to achieve."

Goalkeeping role
Handžic earned his reputation as a goalkeeper, playing for almost two decades at FK Sarajevo before moving on to play in the lower leagues in Turkey. He stayed in Turkey after retiring from football to train as a coach.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 10:33
Declining Star
Rising Star

Update on Berberovic:
He is going to BAYER Leverkusen, 3 year contract, 400.000€ per season. He is just 21 years old, and "pitar od glave do pete"
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 10:44
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

well i'm glad Leverkusen didn't get relegated then

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 10:54
Declining Star
Rising Star

FC Sarajevo roumor:
Nenad Zecevic (FK Hajduk Kula, FK Vojvodina Novi Sad, FK Rudar Ugljevik) is going on free transfer to FC Sarajevo. He is 24 years old, playing defensive left.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2003, 16:44 Thread Starter
Legend

Novi trener FK Čelik ''zasukao rukave''

Irfan Handžić, novi šef stručnog štaba FK Čelik u narednim danima objelodanit će imena 11 igrača koji "crveno-crni" dres moraju mijenjati novim. Istovremeno, Handžić je Upravnom odboru već dao u zadatak dovođenje četvorice novih igrača.

"Pripreme ćemo obaviti na izletištu Krešćica, a što se tiče imena 11 'otpisanih', mogu samo kazati da su to igrači koji tokom prošle sezone nisu imali dovoljno nastupa, odnosno nisu zaradili platu i svojim ponašanjem nisu opravdali ukazano povjerenje", rekao je Ferid Kavazović, predsjednik FK Čelik.

Novi kormilar tima, juče je trebao ''doseliti'' u Zenicu, pa nam je predsjednik prenio i ovo:

''Za nekoliko dana koliko sam razgovarao sa Handžićem o njemu sam stekao pozitivno mišljenje. Njegova vizija Čelika mi se sviđa. On želi vratiti Čelikove igrače Hasanovića iz Zovko Žepča, Terzića iz Travnika, te dovesti jednog centarfora i još jednog veznog igrača.

Iako su zbog afere sa prodajom utakmice, Brkić i Šabić bili pod suspenzijom, novi kormilar Čelika odlučan je da Brkića zadrži u Zenici.

''Brkić je od 38, odigrao 24 utakmice i postigao 20 golova, što je evropski standard. Novi trener je odlučan da Brkića zadržimo i tu ima moju podršku. Takvog igrača staviti na transfer-listu nema smisla. Što se Šabića tiče njemu je ugovor istekao i mišljenja smo da on može tražiti novu sredinu'', ističe Kavazović.

Uz Handžića, Japaura i Adilovića, četvrti čovjek na klupi Čelika, bit će Noris Gavran, za kojeg Kavazović kaže, da je zaslužio povjerenje.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy means business lol!
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2003, 15:10
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

well its official!!!!

Berberovic is in Leverkusen!!!

Leverkusen continue to refresh ranks
Monday, 16 June 2003
Bosnia-Herzegovina international Džemal Berberovic has signed a three-year-contract with 2002 UEFA Champions League finalists Bayer 04 Leverkusen in a deal worth €200,000.

Squad regular
The 22-year-old FK Sarajevo midfield player was captain of Bosnia's Under-21 team until February this year when he was given his first chance in the senior national side. He has since become a regular in Blaž Sliškovic’s squads.

Dream come true
"I am very happy to have been given the chance to move to famous Leverkusen, although they were fighting to avoid relegation [last season]," Berberovic said. "Playing in the Bundesliga is a big dream, and now it has come true."

Final-day escape
Leverkusen avoided relegation last season thanks to a 1-0 victory away to already-relegated 1. FC Nürnberg on the final day of the German campaign. Looking to strengthen their side for next season, Leverkusen have also already signed Swedish international defender Teddy Lucic on a two-year contract.

©uefa.com 1998-2003. All rights reserved.

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2003, 22:11 Thread Starter
Legend

wow thats great for him, I wish him the best of luck and i'm sure he will do well.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 00:06
Rookie

wow thats great news.... now there are a lot BiH players in the German League

i hope he will make it into the first team
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 15:16
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

now you htink that's great news, read this:

Vedin Musić između Juventusa i Milana
Vedin Musić, standardni reprezentativac BiH i jedan od najboljih bh. internacionalaca, koji je u protekloj godini branio boje Koma, svojim igrama našao se na meti velikih italijanskih klubova. Prema riječima Bekima - Dine Pašalića, Musićevog menadžera, za usluge bh. reprezentativca zainteresovani su finalisti ovogodišnje Lige evropskih prvaka - Milan i Juventus.

Međutim, Pašalić je istakao da postoji problem koji "koči" transfer u jedan od ovih klubova.

"Musić sa Komom ima ugovor na još godinu dana. Za njegovo obeštećenje Komo traži šest miliona eura! Trenutno su najviše zainteresovani Milan i Juventus. Spremni su platiti jednu trećinu od ovog obeštećenje (2 miliona eura - op.a), a ugovor bi potpisali na dvije godine, plus godinu dana, ako bi Musić ispunio ono što se od njega bude očekivalo. Ako Komo pristane na ove uslove, Musić će iduće sezone igrati Ligu prvaka", kaže Pašalić, dodajući da bi Musić više volio u Juventus.

I Elvir Bolić, bh. reprezentativac koji je nastupao za Rajo Valjekano, a koji također ima ugovor sa Pašalićem, najavio je odlazak iz Madrida.

"Za Bolićeve usluge zainteresovano je nekoliko klubova. Trenutno ima četiri ponude i to iz Francuske, Turske, Rusije i Španije. Bolić bi najviše volio ostati ovdje u Španiji. Prije nekoliko dana razgovarao sam sa čelnim ljudima Espanjola koji su otkrili da se na njihovoj listi želja nalazi i Bolićevo ime. Istina, prelazak u ovaj klub uslovljen je odlaskom Save Miloševića koji je u Espanjol posuđen od Parme", tvrdi Pašalić.

For those who dont understand i will summerise this very briefly: Vedin Music has attracted the attention of 2 Italian giants Juventus and Milan who are both interested in signing him but are not prepared to pay Como's 6 million Euros pricetag. They have only offered 2 million Euros for a 2 year contract and now it is up to Como to either make all this guy's dreams come true or ruin what comes around only once in a lifetime.
While Elvir Bolic has offers from France, Turkey, Russia and Spain, of which Espanol from Spain is the most likely destination primarily because he wants to stay in Spain but acording to this article that would depend on Savo Milosevic going back to Parma.

Well i'm stunned!!!

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2003, 03:11
Star Player

Teams: Jure M Football Cub
Which teams got promoted to Premier?

Peace on Earth
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2003, 00:25
Rookie

I read that Travnik got promoted,
and relegated:
Vitez, TO¦K, Fruti, Stolac, Troglav, Čapljina, Tomislav, Famos i Elektrobosna.

TABELA:
1. TRAVNIK 36 23 7 6 78:28 76
2. OLIMPIK 36 19 2 14 85:51 62
3. ISKRA 36 19 5 12 68:36 62
4. KISELJAK 36 18 6 12 52:42 60
5. RUDAR 36 18 5 13 63:42 59
6. RADNIČKI 36 18 3 15 53:51 57
7. LJUBU¦KI 36 15 6 15 49:45 54
8. BOLJAVA 36 16 6 14 48:59 54
9. GRUDE 36 16 5 15 48:52 53
10. SA¦K NAPREDAK 36 16 5 15 54:46 53
11. VITEZ 36 16 4 16 42:37 52
12. TO¦K 36 15 6 15 62:55 51
13. FRUTI 36 15 5 16 56:62 50
14. STOLAC 36 15 6 15 47:65 48
15. TROGLAV 36 12 7 17 45:53 43
16. ČAPLJINA 36 12 7 17 47:60 43
17. TOMISLAV 36 12 6 18 34:58 42
18. FAMOS 36 11 6 19 45:62 39
19. ELEKTROBOSNA 36 6 1 31 29:101 19
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in