Road to Euro 2016 : Drulović The Latest To Fail Mission Impossible - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 19:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Road to Euro 2016 : Drulović The Latest To Fail Mission Impossible

Draw for the Group Stage:

Spain
Ukraine
Slovakia
Belarus
Luxembourg

What are everyone's thoughts?

This time the top 2 automatically qualify and the 3rd ranked teams go into the play-offs as a part of UEFA's decision to expand the Euros to 24 teams instead of the regular 16.

Spain and the Ukraine will definitely be no.1 and no.2 for me.

We have had some okay results in the past against Slovakia but I'm not sure we can get the better of them over two games. More worryingly i don't believe we can get 6 points from both Belarus and Luxembourg (a necessity if we want 3rd spot)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 19:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Top two is unlikely and third is a stretch but Slovakia was probably the most ideal team to draw from Pot 3, they are on the decline. I was impressed with Macedonia in the first half of the 2014 qualifiers but they seemed to have fallen off a bit when Janevski left.

Belarus is an enigma for me, I expected much more from them because their youth teams do well in UEFA competitions but I guess the fact their players don't leave Belarus/Russia doesn't help them.
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2014, 21:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Top two is impossible imo Spain is obviously head, shoulders and knees above the rest and Ukraine will come second comfortably for me.

3rd would be a miracle considering the quality of players we have and the playing time they are currently getting at their clubs. No Pandev this time either and probably no Noveski. Also the Slovaks have some quality players (Skrtel, Hamsik, Stoch and Weiss) but they don't seem to play very well as a team and we have had some positive results against them in the past.

Belarus and Luxembourg are virtual unknowns to me. As i said i have doubts we can be that consistent and get 12 points from these two sides.

I agree with you about the last qualifiers. At the beginning we were good under Janevski and held our own (beat Serbia and Wales) but it was no surprise we finished last in the group because we really were the worst team there. We have a new coach now so who knows what kind of an impact he will have.

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2014, 19:32
APM
Rookie

Top 4 is impossible. Macedonia needs most of if not all of these u21 to turn out as good players that play in good leagues to have a chance at the next euro. Not the next world cup in Russia. The next euro. Cause at the WC less teams qualify.
Change of generation. No Pandev no Noveski no Popov. No big deal. We still finished last even with them. I am a huge fan of Noveski gave it all for Macedonia. Pandev best player did all he can. But, never seemed to be 100% in it. But, has been like that his entire carrier so its not only the NT. Popov I was a huge fan of. HUGE. When that happened with Sedloski I was all for him. But, has ego got the better of him and now I don't have any respect for him. Don't care what he does or doesn't do in England.
I think the best solution for Macedonia is to play these u21 players with some more experienced players (trickovski, ibraimi etc). Then hope for the best in 4-8 years.
Spain no need to speak about. I am glad we are playing them first. Not that we have any chance of getting any points from them. But, the fact they will be coming off the WC and will have to play Macedonia hopefully its such a let down we don't get killed.
Ukraine big fan of. Was really happy they beat France and very disappointed they got let that huge lead slip away in France. I think they will underestimate us and we have a chance for a point at home.
Slovakia has very good players. Best we have done is tied them twice. Both times very lucky. Don't expect to get much from them.
Belarus has great u21 u19 teams but for some reason their A team is not that good. I don't know much about them. So cant comment. But, cant see how we can beat them.
Pozz
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old April 10th, 2014, 15:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Sadly, i completely agree with you APM.

It's a very late post but i watched the game against Latvia - rubbish! We won 2-1 but it was hardly a game of football at all. Two laughable goals (for 1-1 and 2-1) in the game. The only player who resembled a football was Agim Ibraimi, who is our best player by a long shot.

Popov played in the Latvia game and was arguably the worst player on the pitch! Tried to do first time crosses every time he got the ball and didn't pick anyone out alm:

I don't understand why guys like Ristovski and Babunski don't play every game. Trajkovski too.
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2014, 13:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Ademi says he will play for Macedonia after not being selected to the Croatia NT for the World Cup. He hopes to get called up as soon as the May/June friendly matches
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2014, 14:44
APM
Rookie

Hajduksplit it's all over the Macedonian media as well. We took another Croatian born player as well from you guys. Any other ones we can borrow or in this case steal?
It's a position where we are very weak. So it comes as good news for us (if true). However I want to see him play first.
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 01:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I'm yet again a bit late to comment on this situation

Both Besart Abdulrahimi and Arijan Ademi have confirmed that they will play for Macedonia.

The latter was not called up for the friendlies against Cameroon and Qatar but Besart was

I don't know much about Besart but it seems he is a striker that plays in Israel on loan from NK Zagreb. A bit of a surprise to see him choose to play for us. I wonder if he will be better than the current lot up front (Kostovski, Jahovic, Ivanovski).

As for Arijan - he will surely be a starter in our squad. Our only other two DM's are Demiri (St. Gallen) and Stjepanovic (Wisla Krakow) so he is not up against any stiff competition there. He is cousins with Agim Ibraimi so that surely helped his decision (as well as not being included in Croatian WC squad)
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 04:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I assume Ademi cannot be called up by Macedonia right away because he played for Croatia at the U20 World Cup a few years ago. He is still allowed to switch to Macedonia because he never played an official "A" team match but the process will take a bit longer because of him playing for Croatia in a FIFA youth tournament. For sure he will be ready by the time qualification starts. I feel Ademi is being a bit irrational but it doesn't seem like Kovac rated him, not only wasn't he picked for the 30 man preliminary squad but he really wasn't even the radar, a mid-20s DMC on Rijeka was getting called ahead of him and even when he got injured Kovac went with other options.

Abdurahimi is a winger with pace, he did well in the HNL but playing for NK Zagreb and now in the Israeli League it was always going to be hard to get selected to the Croatian national team
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2014, 14:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I just read that Ademi was not called up because he is injured. He also missed the last game of the season for Dinamo. He will be ready for the qualifiers then I'm sure.

We have a few wingers already in Hasani, Trajkovski, Trickovski and Ibraimi. Seeing as we got Abdulrahimi, it probably means that Ibraimi will switch to 10 (where he plays for Cagliari).

Apparently Hasani is trying to convince his team mate and LB Riza Durmisi to play for Macedonia - the FFM have already approached him. Another player approached by the FFM is David Mitov Nilsson A goalkeeper playing in Sweden that is half-Macedonian.

Looking at other potential players making the switch there are Naser Aliji of FC Basel (born in Skopje and moved to Switzerland when he was 4) and Orhan Ademi of Braunschweig (who's parents are from Kumanovo). I haven't heard that the FFM have approached these two guys though.
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 03:56
APM
Rookie

I think the D will be the biggest problem. Keepers we are fine. We don't need the swed-mac We have 2 very good keepers coming up and maybe 3 if stojanovic I think his name was comes back. Like you said in the wings we are fine. Upfront is a guessing game but I think we have enough to put in and out. Also think ATT-mid we are fine. And now with ademi we should be fine in the mid. Aliji as far as I know turned down macedonia last year.
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 22:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Strange that we have a problem in defence as it has been our strong point in past qualifying campaigns with guys like Sedloski, Mitreski, Noveski and Popov (when he was good) all playing major roles.

About the goalies i don't agree. Dimitrievski and Iliev are too young to play for the NT right now. They don't play regularly in a solid league yet. Pacovski is probably the best keeper we've had in while (we've always had crap ones) but we have no back-up for him.

On the wings and at no.10 we should be ok with guys like Hasani, Ibraimi, Trajkovski, Babunski and Trickovski.

The strikers I'm really not confident in. Jahovic seems to be the pick of the bunch - scoring 6 goals in 18 games for a mid table Ukranian side. Ivanovski has not played for Astra since like January or something and Kostovski's team got relegated in Belgium alm:
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 22:56
APM
Rookie

I agree about the D. That was our strong point. At one time our three D man all started in Germany.
About the goalies. My point was pacovski is good enough to hold the spot for this qualification. And in 2 years one of the 2 should be ready to take over.
Strikers are more or less the same with jahovic and Kostovski. Ivanovski has not been called up and probably won't get called up.
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2014, 23:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Those days are gone now

Ok - i get what you mean now by the goalkeeping situation. I would still like to have a back-up goalie that plays regularly in a decent league though - both Naumovski and Bogatinov are reserves in Romania.

I guess our preferred starting line-up for the qualifiers would be something like this:

Pacovski (C)

Ristovski - Shikov - Mojsov - Popov

Ademi - Demiri

Hasani - Ibraimi - Trickovski

Jahovic

I would like to see Babunski and Trajkovski be given quite a lot of game time however.
post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 00:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Interesting thread. Don't know much about Macedonian football and its players but good luck in the Euro qualifiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #16 of 143 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 00:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Cheers Jeff

We are going to need plenty of it (even if we want to finish 3rd)
post #17 of 143 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 00:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Hopefully some of those players mentioned like Ademi can be called up and they make a real difference on the pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #18 of 143 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2014, 23:04
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
what we mostly need is a striker who scores goals, a Panchev profiled one. currently we dont have one, none of the current strikers r capable of scoring many goals.
post #19 of 143 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2014, 13:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Gjurovski has named his 23 man squad to play Spain in Valencia on the 8th of September

Goalkeepers

Tome Pachovski - Mechelen, Belgium
Martin Bogatinov - Ermis, Cyprus
Kristijan Naumovski - Levski, Bulgaria

Defenders

Stefan Ristovski - Parma, Italy
Aleksandar Todorovski - Sturm Graz, Austria
Vanche Shikov - Austria Wien, Austria
Daniel Mojsov - Brann, Norway
Aleksandar Damchevski - NAC Breda, Netherlands
Kire Ristevski - Slavia, Bulgaria
Ardian Cuculi - Partizani, Albania
Ezgjan Alioski - Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Darko Glisic - Vardar, Macedonia

Midfielders

Muhamed Demiri - St. Gallen, Switzerland
Arijan Ademi - Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia
Stefan Spirovski - Beroe, Bulgaria
Aleksandar Trajkovski - Zulte Waregem, Belgium
Agim Ibraimi - Maribor, Slovenia
Ferhan Hasani - Br°ndby, Denmark
Besart Abdurahimi - Lokeren, Belgium

Attackers

Adis Jahovic - Rijeka, Croatia
Jovan Kostovski - OH Leuven, Belgium
Krste Velkoski - Sarajevo, Bosnia
Marjan Radeski - Metalurg, Macedonia

Ademi is tipped to make his debut where as everyone else is a capped player. Alioski is a doubt as he was out injured on the weekend.

Popov and Georgievski (both clueless); Stjepanovic and Trickovski (injured); Grncharov and Babunski (dropped) are some of the regulars that are not a part of this squad. Also, Pandev and Noveski have retired from the NT since last campaign.
post #20 of 143 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2014, 16:44
APM
Rookie

Babunski the only surprise. Wonder if it has something to do with his father getting fired. His bro wasn't called up for the u21 either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in