Macedonian talents playing for other NTs - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 01:42 Thread Starter
Rookie

Macedonians not playing for NT

Until Macedonia makes a Euro or World CUP we will not see players pick Macedonia over the country they may live in. Goran Slavkovski will be told by all his handlers to play for Sweden. And not because he can say that he played in some elite competitions, but because those competitions are the best way to market your ability. Marek Jankulovski would never have played for teams like AC Milan and made the money he has made had he not been a prominent fixture on the world stage for the Czech Republic. I would never doubt Goran Pandev's loyalty to the National Team, yet I wonder hypothetically what would have happened had Goran played for a youth team in Sweden when he was say 14. He would have gotten his Swedish Nationality after five years. And I'm almost positive he would have been hounded to play for Sweden. In a way I can't blame the players. If Goran Pandev was Croatian he probably would have made the Euro 2004 team and showcased himself. Instead he has tried so hard to prove himself at Lazio. I may be biased but I believe he is Lazio's one true gem (because of his age), he is 23 and has been in on as many goals as Rocchi with much less time on the field. Oddo, Lazio's great defender gets all the attention, maybe deservedly so, but Pandev doesn't get a sniff. Ibrahimovic's goal in Holland was talked about for a longtime, yet when Goran dribbled through the worldclass defence of Juventus it didn't get much airtime because no one knows who Pandev is, and more importantly where Macedonia is on the map. Lazio's former defender/midfielder Cesar was linked with a move to Inter for half the year yet he was not playing and when he was playing was in horrible form. I couldn't believe Inter wanted him. Then I started thinking; he was good last year and more importantly is Brazilian. Pedigree means so much. If Macedonia makes Euro 2008 they could showcase themselves not so much individually but as a nation that produces world class players, much like Greece did in Euro 2004. Many unproven young Greek players are now being given a look in elite leagues because managers believe greeks have a certain quality needed to suceed because of the teams showing 2 years ago.
Hopefully Pandev and his mates can make a big final in the near future
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 05:12
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACYMANU
Until Macedonia makes a Euro or World CUP we will not see players pick Macedonia over the country they may live in. Goran Slavkovski will be told by all his handlers to play for Sweden. And not because he can say that he played in some elite competitions, but because those competitions are the best way to market your ability. Marek Jankulovski would never have played for teams like AC Milan and made the money he has made had he not been a prominent fixture on the world stage for the Czech Republic. I would never doubt Goran Pandev's loyalty to the National Team, yet I wonder hypothetically what would have happened had Goran played for a youth team in Sweden when he was say 14. He would have gotten his Swedish Nationality after five years. And I'm almost positive he would have been hounded to play for Sweden. In a way I can't blame the players. If Goran Pandev was Croatian he probably would have made the Euro 2004 team and showcased himself. Instead he has tried so hard to prove himself at Lazio.
Well some people never thought Latvia would ever make a major tourney and yet they got to Euro 2004 and i dont buy this idea if he played for a better NT he would be recognized more because not many people knew about the Ivory Coast NT before Drogba got them to the WC this year so IMO if Pandev does what he does and with a coach like Katanec anything is possible in the future. Plus dont forget he still hasnt been given a true chance to prove himself at Lazio because Di Canio is still in his way taking up his minutes.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 07:02
unnamed1

Macmanu its tru what you told but i told this allready in one of the Goran Slavkovski topics! Its normal that the agent what him in a strong as possible NT for the reasons you told.... But lets hope they can ignor the agents as much as possible... Rade told MS last day that he will play for Macedonia so lets hope this family are people who stand to the words...

BTW welcome to the forum...

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 13:11
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
Well some people never thought Latvia would ever make a major tourney and yet they got to Euro 2004 and i dont buy this idea if he played for a better NT he would be recognized more because not many people knew about the Ivory Coast NT before Drogba got them to the WC this year so IMO if Pandev does what he does and with a coach like Katanec anything is possible in the future. Plus dont forget he still hasnt been given a true chance to prove himself at Lazio because Di Canio is still in his way taking up his minutes.

what IMO means?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 13:30
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
In my opinion.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 15:15
Expecto patronum!
Legend

I would have never guessed ... thanx
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 22:10 Thread Starter
Rookie

The Ivory coast have been highly ranked for the last eight years and they were supposed to make the world cup in 2002. They have many players in the big leagues, and Drogba had the choice of playing for only one country. Had El- Hadji Diouf been offered a spot on the French NT he would have taken it rather than playing for Senegal. The good news is that the players who could choose either France or Senegal to play for, now know that the Senegalese can compete with the big boys. Maybe more of these players will choose Senegal rather than France to play for.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 05:08
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACYMANU
The Ivory coast have been highly ranked for the last eight years and they were supposed to make the world cup in 2002. They have many players in the big leagues, and Drogba had the choice of playing for only one country. Had El- Hadji Diouf been offered a spot on the French NT he would have taken it rather than playing for Senegal. The good news is that the players who could choose either France or Senegal to play for, now know that the Senegalese can compete with the big boys. Maybe more of these players will choose Senegal rather than France to play for.
Playing for your native born country is something very special and no matter how much money or citizenships your given nothing will take that away from you or at least thats what i think.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 08:40
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
I agree.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 17:47
unnamed1

MACYMANU:

Da bidime iskreni,, najgolemiot problem sto ne mozime da privlecime igraci kako Jankulovski i Mozebi Slavkovski e sostojbata vo nashiot fudbal,, jas sum 1000% siguren deka Rade e mnogu dobro informiran okolu site nastani vo nashiot fudbal i koj tatko bi sakal da pusti sin vo takov hous? aj iskreno kazi? Rade mnogu pati u godinata doajga vo MK i poslednit pat beshe vo Dekembar pred ovaj sega... Sigurno cita prati vesnicki gleda na satelit..

TRebame da imame i razbiranje okolu ova i ne vednash da kazime ne se patrioti,,, tuku ima i drugi raboti sto se vo uloga za zal, nemam organizacija vo nashiot fudbal sto privlekuva takvi seriozni igracii... I Pandev ke igrashe za druga drzava dokolku imashe moznost, nemame organizacija.

Vidi samo U-19 selekcijata,, patuvat vo Hrvatska so edno zname i bes pripremi, toa go nema nigde pa kako nie da ocekuvame uspesi vo nashiot sport? protivnickite lezat eden mesec vo kamp a nie? ova e isto vo sekoj nas sport, rekometarot lazarov istoto go kaza pred eden mesec.

I zamislejte kakvi dobri resultati napraveja U-19 momcite vo Hrvatska i vo Turcija bes pripremi i sto mozeshe da bide so jaki pripremi i uslovi,, imame mnogu jaki talenti vo mnogu sportovi eve U-19 ali ne im se dava realni sansi

Last edited by unnamed1; May 19th, 2006 at 18:03.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 21:02
Premier Player

Teams: Macedonia, Lazio, Valencia
Liechtenstein [1 - 3] Australia

8' [1 - 0] L. Neill (o.g.)

20' [1 - 1] M. Sterjovski

75' [1 - 2] J. Kennedy

83' [1 - 3] J. Aloisi

People that should be in Bardovci before they come back to xtratime
1. Parni Valjak
2. Mihajlovic
3. Ero
4. HajdukSplit
5. Benny
6. lili

MACEDONIA FOR THE MACEDONIANS!!!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2007, 15:53
Premier Player

Teams: TOSE PROESKI RABOTNICKI MAKEDONIJA FC Bayern Münch
Macedonian talents playing for other NTs

merek jankulovski mile sterjovski saso petrovski kako bi ni pomognale ovie igraci i sigurno ima poveke taka da aj da pravime muabet za ova

Makedonija naviva za vas
Peat milioni kako eden glas
Makedonija saka pobeda
Milion srca-edna molitva

Javi se juzna,sever i zapad neka ne cujat kolku sme,crveno-zolta,toa e boja za koja zivot davame

Neka znae sega svetot za nas makedoncite,edno sonce na ALEKSANDAR nas ni sveti u gradite
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2007, 16:01
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naum
Nemat pravo da nastapuvat za Makedonija.... Zato mueabtot bi bil badiala bidejki ne mozat da pomognat..
sega da nemaast ali pred da nastapile za drugite ekipi so koj sto denes igraat imale zasto nemale?

Makedonija naviva za vas
Makedonija saka pobeda
Milion srca-edna molitva

Javi se juzna,sever i zapad neka ne cujat kolku sme,crveno-zolta,toa e boja za koja zivot davame

Neka znae sega svetot za nas makedoncite,edno sonce na ALEKSANDAR nas ni sveti u gradite
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2007, 23:43
Rising Star

Teams: Macedonia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naum
Nemat pravo da nastapuvat za Makedonija.... Zato mueabtot bi bil badiala bidejki ne mozat da pomognat..
Абсолутно дека имат. Ако имат мајка, татко на пример од Македонија, можат да го одберат тој пасош и да бидат дел од репрезентацијата

Дел од тие проблеми се, тие сакаат да играт со покомпетентна екипа во голема сцена, и нашиве скаперници не направиле ништо да ги повикат...Јас се чудам како успеавме со Славковски.

Сегашната екипа добро ги го искористила Јанкуловски како крило, а Штерјовски со Пандев да бидат главната средина...ама тоа се сонови сега само, мораме напред да градиме со талентите што ги имаме.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 00:05
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChieF
Абсолутно дека имат. Ако имат мајка, татко на пример од Македонија, можат да го одберат тој пасош и да бидат дел од репрезентацијата

Naum govorese za momcite koi gi spomna Trendo, kako Sterjovski i Jankulovski. a tie nemaat pravo da igraat za nas bidejki veke igrale za Avstralija odnosno Ceska.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 04:49
Premier Player

Teams: Juve & Macedonia
Dont we already have a thread like this!? :rollani:

Man might aswell go open up another thread about "Our Internationals" :rollani:

"We never needed any leg-ups from anyone, in fact I don’t think there ever were any. We always played our best, beating the best sides; we deserved those titles on the pitch. It’s not fair the players, and the fans, should pay." Pavel Nedved - Legend!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 13:00
Expecto patronum!
Legend

I found the old thread and merged it.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2007, 15:38
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter
I found the old thread and merged it.
bravo be batka

Makedonija naviva za vas
Makedonija saka pobeda
Milion srca-edna molitva

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:08
Rising Star

Teams: Macedonia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter
Naum govorese za momcite koi gi spomna Trendo, kako Sterjovski i Jankulovski. a tie nemaat pravo da igraat za nas bidejki veke igrale za Avstralija odnosno Ceska.
Да, тоа во ред, такви се правилата, но велам кога се млади, имат шанса да играт за нас пред да заиграт за матичната земја...И Штерјовски и Јанкуловски можеа да бидат примерени од ФФМ и од премиерот како што му беше нашравено на Славковски. Мислам дека и двојцата би играле за нас доколку им се даде воља и просперитет, ама тоа е минато сега, требало да ја искористиме шансата кога Штерјо или Јанкуловски биле испод 21 година:smileani:

А замисли Јанко да игра крило за нас, а Штерјо у средина, јаоооp
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:59
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChieF
Да, тоа во ред, такви се правилата, но велам кога се млади, имат шанса да играт за нас пред да заиграт за матичната земја...И Штерјовски и Јанкуловски можеа да бидат примерени од ФФМ и од премиерот како што му беше нашравено на Славковски. Мислам дека и двојцата би играле за нас доколку им се даде воља и просперитет, ама тоа е минато сега, требало да ја искористиме шансата кога Штерјо или Јанкуловски биле испод 21 година:smileani:

А замисли Јанко да игра крило за нас, а Штерјо у средина, јаоооp
potpolno toa go zboram bravo si razbral batka

Makedonija naviva za vas
Makedonija saka pobeda
Milion srca-edna molitva

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in