Maco / Australia Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 757 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2004, 11:47
MakLion

Maco / Australia Thread

This is a topic for the Maco/Australian on xtratime.

We can talk about our three elite clubs in Australia, Preston Makedonija Lions,Altona Vardar Magic and Rockdale Ilinden.

This is also the place were we can post about our Maco/Aus players abroad and Transfers & rumors for our clubs.

Thepretender,If this become popular then make it Sticky. Dragan what do you think about Altonas chance in the league this year?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 757 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 04:31
Rising Star

I gotta admit we(Altona) probably over achieved last year. Made it to the grand final, lost on penalties a bit unlucky, but Bulleen's goalkeeper was too good. This year i m not sure what will happen with Ken Murphy, i m not sure about pomy coaches. I think they will try bring a lot of his and Stergiopolous's mates to the club and they will let a few loyal players go which is not fair. Mellissa has stuffed up the club but then again without her this club would probably not exist. I heard Melissa has said to Ken that he has an open check to sign whoever she wants. I was hoping that we will sign Petrevski back but looks like he will join Fawkner Makedonija.

I think that Tortevski done a great job last year and he was treated unfairly when he was sacked.

Whats going on at the flying lions? Too many quality players leaving, and only Pace has been signed so far? Who will be your keeper next year?

My prediction would be that Altona should make the top 5 as should Preston but weirder things have happened. Last year Preston had the best team in the league but did not win the league, like the old saying goes a team of champions in not always a champion team!
post #3 of 757 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 15:29
MakLion

Thanks for your answer Dragan...

Yes we have lost Chris Emshovski,John Angelovski,Pasi Schwalger i Sasho Ognenovski, we will see what happens.Our keeper will be Daniel Zilic, young Croatien, i have heard that one Keeper from New Zealand with Macedonian background are on it's way.

Preston have also sign one new target player and we are also look for two more guys...

What do you think about South_Melbourne matches?

Last edited by MacedonienLion; October 29th, 2004 at 13:54.

post #4 of 757 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 17:04
Rising Star

I cant wait for the games versus South Melbourne and Melbourne Knights also Heidelberg. What a great league it is this year with all the traditional teams back in it eg: Preston, South, Knights, Heidelberg, Altona, George Cross, Gully, St Albans wow!
post #5 of 757 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2004, 20:02
unnamed1

South Melbourne-Preston will be a great match, from a public point of you i mean
post #6 of 757 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 13:11
MakLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragan20
I cant wait for the games versus South Melbourne and Melbourne Knights also Heidelberg. What a great league it is this year with all the traditional teams back in it eg: Preston, South, Knights, Heidelberg, Altona, George Cross, Gully, St Albans wow!

The league will be very interesting this years thats for sure. I expect fullhouse arena against South Melbourne,Melbourne Knights,Heidelberg and Altona... Naum, i hope the public will be calm against South Melbourne, Australia FA just wait for a reasons to ban us, lets disappoint them...
post #7 of 757 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 14:58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonienLion
The league will be very interesting this years thats for sure. I expect fullhouse arena against South Melbourne,Melbourne Knights,Heidelberg and Altona... Naum, i hope the public will be calm against South Melbourne, Australia FA just wait for a reasons to ban us, lets disappoint them...
We will beat south melbourne for sure i reacon we can take em on for sure but lets hope we pick up some quality players but either way we didnt need the oldies anymore..

Heidelberg-Preston will be alot worse because they are makedonci just like us but they cliam to be greeks. I know many of the pushkari who speak makedonski but say they are greek.

Naum Makedonski what do u think about the pushkars who claim to be greek??
post #8 of 757 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 18:36
unnamed1

Aj da se vratime nazat na tema provod! mislam znaesh sto mislam za toa ali na PM ke ti objasna..

Dragan 20! why did you change the name Vardar Altona to Altona Magic?
post #9 of 757 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2004, 19:14
Rising Star

Well its not only Altona that changed their name, all the clubs had to change their ethnic part of the name by the rules of competition if they wanted to be part of the competition. For example, Preston Makedonija became Preston Lions, Melbourne Croatia-Melbourne Knights, St Albans Dinamo-St Albans Saints, Altona Vardar-Altona Magic, South Melbourne Hellas-Sth Melb, Heidelberg Aleksandar-Heidelberg United and so on.
post #10 of 757 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2004, 11:38
Star Player

Very good idea this topic guys. it's an occasion to know better about this championship. Could you give us some explanations about its organisation and rules ? its history, the last standings in the last years, the main clubs, etc. and talk about the aussie-macedonain players and clubs there.

i stick it right now.
post #11 of 757 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2004, 10:38
MakLion

This is true and sad, in Macedonia every ethnic team have the right. It,s just funny,the British people talk about Human Rights and democracy.
post #12 of 757 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2004, 10:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepretender
Very good idea this topic guys. it's an occasion to know better about this championship. Could you give us some explanations about its organisation and rules ? its history, the last standings in the last years, the main clubs, etc. and talk about the aussie-macedonain players and clubs there.

i stick it right now.
Yeah, I'd like to know more too. Also about any clubs with Serbian links if there are any playing at a decent level. I know only of Avala. Cheers guys.
post #13 of 757 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2004, 11:09
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Yeah, you got yourself a new Bonnyrigg fan, I love their logo!
post #14 of 757 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2004, 17:11
Rising Star

Is anyone here excited about the A-League i know i m, i cant wait till next August. Go Melbourne Victory!

post #15 of 757 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2004, 15:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Victorian Premier League will be the strongest Australian League this year with teams like Preston, Melbourne Knights and South Melbourne.
No the VPL will not be the strongest league in Australia. First of all the A-league is stronger. And NSW Premier leagues sh!ts all over the VPL.

Quote:
Victorian Premier League will be the strongest this year and Lions will show that we deserve to play in next years A-League.
Typical Preston fan. Arrogance and ignorance is what MOST(not all) of Preston fans possess. Preston have much weaker team then last year and we all know where it finished last year dont we? They lost Emsha(their captain), Angelevski, Ognenovski, Paci from what i cant remember and have only signed two overrated hacks in Pace and that skinny turk Serkan Ozkus, and you expect them to improve on last year? Be realistic. And about Preston playing in the A-league-DREAM ON. An ethnic club will never ever enter the A-league if they want one more team from Melbourne it will be a newly formed team.
post #16 of 757 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2004, 17:29
MakLion

I know that you are jealous for that reason Altona Vardar Magic are not even close to our success in Australian soccer the last 20 years.We have won almost everything in Australian soccer and we have also playd in the topflight many times. We will reinforce our team and we will show all of you that we deserve to play in the topflight again bay crush South Melbourne in bothe matches.
Hope the new sponsor of the A-league will note that.

Dragan please stop act like every jealous Magic fan,it's ridiculous.
post #17 of 757 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2004, 20:23
Star Player

come on guys, i understand that you support different teams and sympathetic teasing is always funny and friendly rivalry always welcome but don't make this thread something to much personal please. keep on sharing your knowledge of aussie-maco football.
incredible how the football supporter is the race of men that cannot swallow its pride. and the macedonian one is probably the most striking example!
post #18 of 757 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2004, 08:52
unnamed1

I wish both Lions and Magic big luck this year.
post #19 of 757 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2004, 09:18
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolga
I don't know about the VPL, but the NSWPL is semi-professional..

Maybe now with the PL competitions across Australia being the highest level of football, there may be a few players/teams that are fully professional..

The VPL the strongest? I don't know, I think it's a toss up between the NSWPL and the VPL..
Some recent results of Victoria v NSW matches;
09-Mar-03 Victoria 2 - New South Wales 1
10.06.2002 New South Wales 1 - Victoria 0
02.06.2001 Victoria 1 - New South Wales 3

Recent 2001,2002,2003
post #20 of 757 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2004, 16:12
Rising Star

Quote:
Dragan please stop act like every jealous Magic fan,it's ridiculous.
I/m not jelous mate, nothing to be jelous about since i was not around when Preston was in the top flight. Since i've been here i've only ever seen them in the same league with Altona. And i've been quite happy with Altona in recent years esspecially last year winning against Preston, Oakleigh and Gully in the finals three sweetest victories i've ever witnessed.

Quote:
I don't know about the VPL, but the NSWPL is semi-professional..

Maybe now with the PL competitions across Australia being the highest level of football, there may be a few players/teams that are fully professional..

The VPL the strongest? I don't know, I think it's a toss up between the NSWPL and the VPL..
Some recent results of Victoria v NSW matches;
09-Mar-03 Victoria 2 - New South Wales 1
10.06.2002 New South Wales 1 - Victoria 0
02.06.2001 Victoria 1 - New South Wales 3
I agree that NSWPL is better the the VPL, i mean even Despotovski is playing in the NSWPL. And dont worry about the VIC vs NSW games they are all crap as most of the players are from the team that the coach is from.2 years ago Gary Cole was the coach and most of the players were from Altona. Last year Stan Webster was the coach and most of them were from Frankston. But still the VPL is dominated by Maco players. In Gully, Fawkner, Preston, Altona, Whittelsea majority of the players were Maco!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in