FIFA World Cup 2006 Video Game - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 01:53 Thread Starter
cev
Rising Star

Teams: Macedonia, Australia, Liverpool FC, Sydney FC
FIFA World Cup 2006 Video Game

Hey guys, long time no speak.

Looking to purchase the new FIFA World Cup 2006 game today or tomorrow, preferably on PC because I have played the demo and it looks and plays much better on my PC than it does my PS2.

Anyways, was wondering has anyone played the full version as yet? It says its got most nations and than you can play from the qualifying stages.

I am certain Macedonia is in it, but what I wanna know is does it have the real players unlike the horror that was Euro 2004 (but that was FFM's fault anyway for not giving the license to EA Sports).

I would like to buy it anyways for the sake of Australia being in the World Cup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 05:11
Xtratime Legend

I have info on it here but yes it has all the players and our real jersey https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...90447&page=261

ps-its still not as good as winning eleven and the only thing worth playing for rigtht now is to finish the global challenge so its the best world cup game to date but not something you cant put down and it was really not worth me paying $60 for it on the 260 cause even though the graphics are great the online play is full of lag cause the EA servers suck ass.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 06:59
Premier Player

True what Ambis said. WC 2006 has all players, but has no true faces. At least they could make Pandev look like Pandev. It is a bit annoying for me, since i get used to PES, where all players( well at least those that i know) have their real faces

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 11:21
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
Pandev looks like Bate Vane with short hair
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 02:30 Thread Starter
cev
Rising Star

Teams: Macedonia, Australia, Liverpool FC, Sydney FC
Thanks for the info guys!

Well I got it yesterday and played it a bit. My opinions, well I like, actually love that the jerseys and players are real. Dont know where they got the numbering from though and also the player stats?? Pandev's attributes are not that good, one of the best stats I saw were for Sumulikoski. And what about Albania?? There ratings/stats are quite a decent amount greater than ours! What a load of crap but I think the developers probably saw our poor results in the last few qualifying games.

Although Euro 2004 didnt have real players one interesting thing was that the stadium looked a lot like Gradski, now were just using any stadium, I wish Macedonia had a stadium like in the game which is apparently their home!

I havent mucked around with player or team editing but its good the fact that most of the players have their names in commentary during the game.

Also for once in my opinion, the through ball pass actually works for once to a treat! The goalkeeper is more realistic too, for example they parry shots quite a bit, sometimes just like in real football parrying away for a corner or trickling into the back of the net.

The faces I cant complain though because you can only expect EA Sports to get the faces for the World Cup players, if they did it for Macedonia then they would have to do it for nearly everyone. Pandev looks like a little gypsie in the game.

Winning Eleven I believe in Australia and maybe some other countries, is re-branded as Pro Evolution Soccer. Ive played a Japanese version of Winning Eleven though. PES is a good game but I dont think they have had Macedonia in as yet? Havent played PES 5 as yet.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 03:50
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cev

Winning Eleven I believe in Australia and maybe some other countries, is re-branded as Pro Evolution Soccer. Ive played a Japanese version of Winning Eleven though. PES is a good game but I dont think they have had Macedonia in as yet? Havent played PES 5 as yet.
They never will have Macedonia cause they only have about 30 to 50 national teams and sadly we will never be that great to be in PES. I wish someone would make a patch for the Makedonska Prva Liga cause i know it can be done.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 16:14
Premier Player

Maybe we will be one day, if we do what Slovenia did with Srecko Katanec
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2006, 14:45
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Inter and Macedonia NT, Socceroos
I think Noveski has the best stats in the game cev, but yeh Pandev stats are a replica of those in FIFA 2006, i believe he should be much higher, at least have the highest rating in the team

R.I.P TOSE PROESKI....VOICE OF AN ANGEL

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 19:08
Xtratime Legend

A bit off-topic but my X-Box 360 died last night (the piece of shit overheated and fried) but at least i had the warranty so i took it back and got my money back.... i dont think i will be buying another Microsoft made video game system ever again, i'll just wait for the PS3
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2006, 21:23
Expecto patronum!
Legend

Teams: Macedonia, Inter, Rabotnichki
Ive just qialified with St. Vincent & Grenadines!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in