Xtratime Community banner

Pandev speaks out

2K views 65 replies 15 participants last post by  darko_panchev 
#1 ·
Pandev breaks the silence
4 Mar '05

Thirteen minutes in the last 3 matches. Not much for a talented young player with great qualities who always made his mark when called to play. Three goals in the league, of which one is hard to ever forget, one in the UEFA Cup. Goran Pandev looks sad and feels low at the moment; after a long period of silence he has decided to talk and express how he feels:

«I played one minute against Atalanta, nine in Verona and three against Parma. No, I'm really not able to smile anymore because this situation is making me sad».

During the last 10 matches with Papadopulo at the helm, the player featured 193 minutes, an average of around 20 minutes per match day. «The premisses were different, but I always find myself on the bench, in the last matches I just came in to play in the very end». '

From Pandev's words it's clear that the relation with the coach isn't optimal: «Papadopulo doesn't see me, that is clear to me. During training he says I am doing well and he recognizes that I work hard all the time but then he always leaves me on the bench... What can I prove when I play only 5 minutes? I still try to do my best but I don't have much time at my disposal».

He only started against Milan. «A match where the team needed to concentrate on closing space rather than attack, and with the best defense of the league in front of us. It wasn't easy. When I came in at the break in Florence, I too provided something positive. It's true that the coach can only field eleven players but sometimes I expect it to be my turn as well. I'm not asking to be a regular starter, just more consideration because I think I deserve that».

In January Lazio refused important offers from Fiorentina, Southampton and Tottenham to keep the player. «They assured me there would be more space for me, more or less that I would play more so I gladly stayed at Lazio. But the promises have not been respected and I've played very little».

The player's mood is deteriorating even if he's only shown it once, on the way back to the locker room after training. «Out of respect for my teammates, the club and the fans that I care about, I have chosen not to make a big thing over this, hoping the situation would improve».

Now this creates problems for the extension of his contract that runs out in 2006. «I want to speak with president Lotito and director Martino soon. Unless they give me guarantees for the future I prefer to leave, because at 21 years I have the right to find a club that gives me a chance to play and grow as a player. I think I can offer this Lazio something, a Lazio that is no longer full with great champions, but obviously I'm wrong. I want to have a say about my own future as well. I care about the fans, the team, but the club needs to tell me what they want from me».

With Bazzani missing, Pandev could get his chance against Messina. «I certainly hope so and I continue to train giving my best, waiting for my turn to arrive».

The player dreams of another goal as the one against Juventus. «A nice move that I remember well and that I try sometimes during training as well. I often succeed with it. Sooner or later I will try to score that way again».

He returns to play with his national team March 26. «We have an important match against Romania, and I'll go there with enthusiasm because I get a chance to play...»

(il messaggero)

See less See more
#3 ·
Good for him say what you have to say and show respect as well. Bravo Goce samo Napred.
The only reason he was in the starting 11 vs Milan was so he can play bad. They have him playing by himself the entire game vs one of the best D's in the world. No1 would have done better.
The coach does not put him in the game before vs Atalanta (I think) with the score 0-0 at home when they need a win. He puts on seric a D. And now you are telling me he puts PAndev in vs Milan cause he thinks Pandev will help him win. NO WAY.
Pandev has to leave.
Pozdrav

#7 ·
Makie9 said:
Pandev breaks the silence

With Bazzani missing, Pandev could get his chance against Messina. «I certainly hope so and I continue to train giving my best, waiting for my turn to arrive».

The player dreams of another goal as the one against Juventus. «A nice move that I remember well and that I try sometimes during training as well. I often succeed with it. Sooner or later I will try to score that way again».

He returns to play with his national team March 26. «We have an important match against Romania, and I'll go there with enthusiasm because I get a chance to play...»
I cannot forget that goal either! A nice article, Pandev is in the starting 11 for the match against Messina hopefully he will score a few ;).

#9 ·
He got substituted early in the second half, Lazio aren't playing very well against Messina.

#12 ·
RedandBlack said:
Who is this papadopopulo (whatever) guy If pandev is a really good player wouldnt he want to keep his job and field him so the team can play better?
He is the coach of Lazio and it seems like he has something against Pandev, he either doesnt put him in or he starts him and takes him out all the time now i'm not saying Pandev is Ronaldo but he should be starting for this not so great Lazio team this year.

#14 ·
The thing is papadopolu dislaked Pandev from the second he cam in Lazio, dont know why he was doing great before papadopolu came to the club.

G
#15 ·
Dragan said:
The thing is papadopolu dislaked Pandev from the second he cam in Lazio, dont know why he was doing great before papadopolu came to the club.
Well Pandev and papadopolu had problem allrady in Ancona with each other and now this asshole try to be smart since he have got criticism both from Lazio and gazetta dello sport to not playing Pandev, now since he come he have let Pandev play in very hard away games,today and against Milan away and can say hey we did not win with Pandev so what are you talking about.

#17 ·
Was Papadopolu at Ancona too?

Maybe papadopolu reads this forum and he wasnt happy that we had the sun as avtar so he punished Pandev!

#19 ·
Dragan said:
Was Papadopolu at Ancona too?

Maybe papadopolu reads this forum and he wasnt happy that we had the sun as avtar so he punished Pandev!
So now we were forced to take it off and he let him start.
Now the world makes sense again.

#20 ·
Seems like it doesnt it? Who knows if we remove the signitures Pandev might even play a full game!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.