Darko Pancev! - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2004, 17:21 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Darko Pancev!

People, a guy of his magnitude deserves his own thread.

Anyway, I assume most of you know this, but still I'd like to mention the only European Golden boot winner Macedonia and Zvezda have ever had.

Darko Pancev, 34 goals, 1991! A tribute to the man who scored the last penalty in the final of the 1991 European Cup final.

www.serbia-info.com/g3/images/zvezda25a.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2004, 17:26
Rookie

in that kind of thought... why not a thread for Camataru??
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2004, 20:42
Premier Player

Teams: Macedonia, Lazio, Valencia
Hey Mike there is a post where you can come and introduce your self. Why dont you come and do it.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2004, 21:29
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drulo
People, a guy of his magnitude deserves his own thread.

Anyway, I assume most of you know this, but still I'd like to mention the only European Golden boot winner Macedonia and Zvezda have ever had.

Darko Pancev, 34 goals, 1991! A tribute to the man who scored the last penalty in the final of the 1991 European Cup final.

www.serbia-info.com/g3/images/zvezda25a.jpg
Pancev is the best Macedonian in history by statistic but are not the most talented! for exampel Toni Savevski had much more talent then Pancev and do not forget the great Ilija Najdovski who also was very imoprtent for the winning red start team 1991 in defence. Vujadin is also great defender who playd for Partizan yug NT, Mac NT.

I'm nut sure but i think that Pancev are the only balkan Golden boot winner.
Pancev scord 3 gaols in the world cup finals in tokyo for team, Red star-Colo colo 4-0.

Pancev,Vujo,Najdovski,Savevski were all mambers of the FK Vardar team who won the yugoslav league 1987! what a vardar golden genaritaion :drool:
Just pity that Macedonia was not indepandent 1987! we had qualifying for the world cup.

Pancev
Najdovski
Ringov
Vujo
Savevski
Kanatlarovski

to name some of them...
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2004, 23:50
Legend

Vardar didn't win the championship in 1987, Partizan did.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 00:13
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija PFC
Vardar didn't win the championship in 1987, Partizan did.
http://www.komiti.com.mk (fan grup of vardar)

http://www.loyalfans.com.mk/ (fan grup of vardar)

http://members.tripod.com/fcvardar/

http://www.fkvardar.com.mk/

Sure! look at the webpages above ! how come that Vardar playd against Porto in CL 1987/88?? at hat time the name was (majstro cup) just look in altavista or something. p

Vardar won 1986/87

http://www.anhoch.com/fudbal/mk.teams.fyu.html
alltime Yugoslav table. Vardar have over 1000 games and are only a 60 year ald club.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 00:37
Legend

Naum, Vardar did NOT win the 1987 championship.
1985/86 and 1986/87 were two controversial seasons.
Partizan won the 1985/86 championship, but then the FA had the last series of fixtures replayed after allegations of match-fixing. This gave Zvezda the title and they participated in the 1986/87 Champions Cup. Furthermore, because of these allegations, ten teams (including Zvezda and Partizan) started the 1986/87 season with a 6-point deduction. Therefore, 10 of the teams started with -6 points when all the other teams had zero. This allowed Vardar to come 1st at the end of the season, and they participated in the 1987/88 Champions Cup after that. However, after legal proceedings, the allegations were cleared: this resulted in the restoration of the original table of 1985/86 (giving Partizan back the title for the season) and the annulment of the 6 point deduction for the 1986/87 season. This meant that Partizan were awarded the title for 1986/87, NOT Vardar, who in the recalculated (fairer) table ended up 5th.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 00:46
Xtratime Legend

Eve go i Pelister na listata
46. Pelister Bitola 33 9 3 21 30 57 21

As far as the 1987 championship goes i have heard may sides but the fact that Vardar has the trophy and played in Europe that year gives them the edge, plus a couple of years ago they had a celebration in Skopje regarding that team in 87.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 00:48
unnamed1

Quote:
ended up 5th.

ended 5th but playd in Champions Cup against Porto and Bukaresti dinamo :eekani: drop it! we won the liga! we won the cup 62 the liga 86 and we were cup runners up once and liga runners up once. We where a soccer force with more then 1000 games even if we are only 60 years old.Vardar was only one goal from CL grup last bay knock out CSKA moskva 3-2 but lost to Prag 5-4 on Agg last year Forza Vardar

This topic is about Pancev
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:02
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
This topic is about Pancev
As far as Darko Pancev goes in that year the golden year of 1991 he was probably one of the greatest strikers of all time.Every time i watch some old tapes of those days it just tears my heart to think that he left Zvezda to go play for Milans little step child of a team called Inter.But i will always always as long as my heart beats i will always remember the last penalty kick to seal the deal in Bari just the look on his face after the ball went in man o man priceless oh yeah Darko Pancev gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Crvena Zvezda je sampion Evrope Crvena Zvezda je pobednik Kupa Evropski Sampiona najveci uspeh Jugoslovenskog klubskog fudbala DARKO DARKO DARKO ZLATNA KOPACKA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:08
unnamed1

Ambis! i remeber the world cup final against Colo colo when he destroyd them alone with 3 goals! that morning was the biggest Pancev memory for me.

Also the CL match 92 against Panathinakos in Athen when he scord two goals! after the match he told"I SCORDE ONE FOR ZVEZDA AND ONE FOR MACEDONIA :thmbup:" Dose memory are the strogest but the CL final was great to.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:12
Legend

Naum, man, face it, Vardar was only 1st cause 10 teams started off with -6.
If you don't believe me, here: http://www.rsssf.com/tablesj/joeghist.html (scroll down to 1986/87) and here http://www.rsssf.com/tablesj/joegchamp.html

And yes, Darko Pancev was great
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:16
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUM MAKEDONSKI
Ambis! i remeber the world cup final against Colo colo when he destroyd them alone with 3 goals! that morning was the biggest Pancev memory for me.

Also the CL match 92 against Panathinakos in Athen when he scord two goals! after the match he told"I SCORDE ONE FOR ZVEZDA AND ONE FOR MACEDONIA :thmbup:" Dose memory are the strogest but the CL final was great to.
Also the 3 goals in the world cup in italya 1990.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:18
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Also the CL match 92 against Panathinakos in Athen when he scord two goals! after the match he told"I SCORDE ONE FOR ZVEZDA AND ONE FOR MACEDONIA " Dose memory are the strogest but the CL final was great to.
Yes i remember that also a couple of nights before that game there was questions that Pancev may not be allowed to travel in Greece since he had a Macedonian passport but he did and did he let those damn Greeks have it 2 goals and the second one was an evro gol.What a night that was and the one in Tokyo i remember my dad woke me up at like 3 in the morning just to watch that game and sure enough it was a game to remember.But i wish i had a tape of the game against Panathinaikos so i could watch it now.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:19
unnamed1

Quote:
Naum, man, face it, Vardar was only 1st cause 10 teams started off with -6.
If you don't believe me, here: http://www.rsssf.com/tablesj/joeghist.html (scroll down to 1986/87) and here http://www.rsssf.com/tablesj/joegchamp.html

And yes, Darko Pancev was great
Mate you are strating to hurte my Vardar heart stop your nonsens. Zvezda and Partizan started with -6 and you can not give them back the point because not a serbian team won the liga! an rule is an rule and Vardar won the liga. FACE IT

they got 6- point ban and vardar playd in CL and won the liga.
everybady want to destroy us! last year the reff destroyd us against Praga.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:22
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Also the 3 goals in the world cup in italya 1990.
Dont remind me of 1990 cause that was the year Stojkovic missed the pk and we lost to Argentina, during that game we were traveling to Struga for a wedding so we had to listen to it on the radio, as soon as we got to Struga the game was in over time and sure enough the penalty kicks came and we know the rest.There was over 100 people in the house watching that game just as we were getting ready for a wedding and when Stojkovic missed that penal i swear it felt like we were getting ready for a funeral people were just dead i had never seen that many people being upset over a futbol game ever and i have not seen it since.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:24
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbisMK
Yes i remember that also a couple of nights before that game there was questions that Pancev may not be allowed to travel in Greece since he had a Macedonian passport but he did and did he let those damn Greeks have it 2 goals and the second one was an evro gol.What a night that was and the one in Tokyo i remember my dad woke me up at like 3 in the morning just to watch that game and sure enough it was a game to remember.But i wish i had a tape of the game against Panathinaikos so i could watch it now.
I have the tape against Colo colo and also the tape against Olympic
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:27
unnamed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbisMK
Dont remind me of 1990 cause that was the year Stojkovic missed the pk and we lost to Argentina, during that game we were traveling to Struga for a wedding so we had to listen to it on the radio, as soon as we got to Struga the game was in over time and sure enough the penalty kicks came and we know the rest.There was over 100 people in the house watching that game just as we were getting ready for a wedding and when Stojkovic missed that penal i swear it felt like we were getting ready for a funeral people were just dead i had never seen that many people being upset over a futbol game ever and i have not seen it since.
The reff destroyd yugoslavia that time! we playd with 10 man for 90 min!!! Vujadin Stanojkovic playd a great match against argentina.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 01:46
Legend

Naum man, I'm not the one who gave Partizan back the points, the FSJ did, and the FSJ declared Partizan champion. So go complain to them p
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2004, 06:18
Premier Player

Teams: Macedonia, Lazio, Valencia
Andrija you are 100% correct.
But you know the 4 big teams fixed all the games. Even thought they changed their mind they should have started -6. And the only reason they changed that too was cause they paid them off too.
As a kid I saw 90% of Vardars game from 85-89. And even though there was a lot of BS what great soccer. Now when I see pictures of some games I get emotional.
One of the games I wanted to see was in 86' cup game Vardar-Zvezda. But I was so small my grandfather went with my uncle wow did I feel like shit. But to my surprise the game was one the 2nd channel. We only had 2 at that time. Wow what joy. And even though we tied 1-1 we were out cause we lost the first game 1-0.
Evryone talks about great memories, I saw the Yugo-Arg game here in Canada. It was 6 months after I came here. Did not speak English that well and the guy that lived under me called the cops on me. I was only 10 and had no idea why the cops where there at the time. And everytime he would see me after he would say something to me. LOL I had no idea what so I would keep on walking.
Wow I will never forget those games in the 80'.
Pozdrav
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in