Sakiri - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2004, 23:30 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Sakiri

Artim will be playing in the Premiership next season, after West Brom were promoted to the Premiership again after 1 season out

I think the manager thinks his skill is more suited to the Prem rather than the 1st Division. I really hope his lack of games for us this season doesn't hamper any important games you may have.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2004, 11:43
Star Player

well i don't really understand why he doesn't play for your team since he was a prority for your coach... furthermore it is said that he'll certainly leave at the end of the season...

Artim performs very well each time he plays for the national team. he's one of our most useful players. against ukrain, he showed anormal lack of stamina. he's known for fighting and running everywhere the whole 90 minutes. he obviously lacks competition and i don't see how this could help your club.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2004, 16:57
Premier Player

Teams: KS Vllaznia,Albania
First of all he is called Artim Shaqiri not Sakiri, and second he is of albanian blood not macedonian.

:::::::::::FORZA Vllaznia ::::::::::::::FORZA SHQIPERIA ::::::::

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2004, 22:43
Star Player

first of all hello Ultras^Vllaznia. we're in a civilized forum here. so welcome.

for us macedonians he 's called "sakiri" but we pronounce it exactly as your correction suggests it. so don't worry about that. why ? because the "Q" letter simply doesn't exist in the cyrillic alphabet. otherwise "sh" is "s" in cyrillic.
we all know in macedonia sakiri is of albanian blood but he has macedonian nationality that's why he plays for macedonia and is eligible for this country and not another like albania for instance.

The same way, that's just an example among many many others : Zidane is of algerian blood and plays for France. And half of the french squad has foreign blood. does that worry you too ? or is it just provocation ?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2004, 17:13
Premier Player

I'm sorry did I said any thing wrong since you are saying we are in
a civilized forum? Are you considering as an uncivilized person or what budy?....You should think twice before say something like that to somebody! I havent come here to fight or anything I was just saying the truth because I have heard many of you macedonians saying that Shaqiri is from macedonian blood and just wanted to make sure you know,and good for you that you know it.I just want to say that we dont care if he chose Macedonia to play for,we have no need for him,we have our own players which are more better than him.So let me ask you something,in which teams does your best players that you have in your nationalteam play in Europe?

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:40
Star Player

i'm wasn't saying you were uncivilized, i was just saying : it's ok to say "hello" when you come for the first time in a forum (i mean like you certainly do when you enter in a shop or a restaurant, no?). but whatever...
otherwise i'd be curious to know where you heard macedonians tell sakiri is of macedonian blood... i mean if they are real macedonians they should know that by his name he can't be of macedonian blood : a slav macedonian name always ends by "ov", "ev", "ovski" (or oski) or "evski" (or "eski" like "Emile Heskey"). but that's a stupid issue we don't care of... if he 's enough talented to play for us and proud of wearing our national dress i don't see a problem. we even have a brazilian playing for our National Team !

to answer your question :

here's a selection of our best players :

- Aco stojkov (Inter Milan, was loaned to Castel di sangro this year)
- Goran Pandev (Inter Milan/Lazio, co-owned, was loaned to Ancona this year)
- Artim Sakiri (West Bromwich Albion)
- Igor Mitreski (Spartak Moscow)
- Goran Popov (AEK Athens)
- Goce Sedloski (Dinamo Zagreb)
- Aleks Mitreski (Grasshoppers Zurich)
- Velice Sumulikoski (Zenit St Petersbourg)
- Vanco Trajanov (Lokomotiv Plovdiv)

my question too : where the best albanians play ? i know Tare who plays in italy in bologna if remember well but not nay other...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2004, 12:39
Premier Player

Hello

I heard people sayin that about shakiri at a page called komiti... if i dont remember wrong,long time ago.
these are the albanian national players :

Foto Strakosha (Prodheftiqi) Greece 1div.
Elvin Beqiri (Metalurg Donetsk) Ukraine 1.div
Geri ăipi (Oberhauzen) 2.Bundesliga
Adrian Aliaj (captain of Oberhauzen) 2.Bundesliga
Klodian Duro (Rizespor) 1.Turkish League
Altin Lala (captain of Hanover 96) 1.Bundesliga
Besnik Hasi (Anderlecht) 1.Beligian League
Ervin Skela ( playmaker of Eintraht Frankfurt) 1.Bundesliga
Evin Murati (Iraklis) Greece 1div.
Altin Haxhi (CSKA Sofje) Bulgarian 1.div
Redi Jupi (Diarbakirspor) Turkish League 1.div
Igli Tare (Bologna) Serie A
Alban Bushi (Istambulspor) 1.Turkish League
Lorik Cana 20years old plays 90min every match for (Paris Saint Germain) French League
Erjon Bogdani (Regginna loan to Salernitana)Serie B
Denis Boshnjaku 18years (Roma U-21) Serie A
Bajram Fetai 18-years ( Glasgow Rangers ) Scotish League
Rijat Shala ( Grasshoopers Zurich) Swiss League
Florian Myrtaj ( Verona) Serie B

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2004, 23:02
Star Player

in fact i know Murati and Cana. they both played for PSG. Cana plays still. he's young and a good player. Bogdani and skela are familiar to me too. what teams you have in your WC2006 group ?

btw, forget about komiti, it's the worst kind of supporters : hooliganism mixed with nationalism. they're not reliable persons... simply morons and they absolutely do not represent the macedonian people and their opinions you can believe me !
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2004, 17:47
Rising Star

Artim Shaqiris time is over.....I saw him play in Sweden couple of years ago, and he helped Halmstad BK (at the time Freddy Ljungberg played there too) to win the league title. At that time he was really good, but now he sucks, only in div 1 maybe he can be able to play because that division has really a poor quality of game, not in Premier League.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2004, 18:50
Star Player

i think that above all he dramatically lacks competition. artim is the kind of player that both defends and attacks the whole 90 minutes and this year he could only play 10 minutes here and 35 minutes there. you're a bit harsh with him i think. don't forget he 's over 30 years old now... he can be a good playmaker now but not a winger.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 12:01
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by thepretender
in fact i know Murati and Cana. they both played for PSG. Cana plays still. he's young and a good player. Bogdani and skela are familiar to me too. what teams you have in your WC2006 group ?
No,Murati played for Lille before, not PSG.Bogdani is going down,he played at Reginna last year now he is loaned at Salernitana Serie B.Skela will leave Eintracht this year and next season he will probably sign for Leverkusen,Hamburg, or Hertha Berlin.

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2004, 22:53
Star Player

before going to Lille, Murati was a PSG player.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2004, 15:21
Rising Star

Believe it or not Sakiri feels a macedonian and he has said that he is a proud macedonian so it doesnt matter what you say its what he says. Also when he scored against Turkey he ran to the stands and got a maco flag and put it around him and ran around celebrating and he was very proud doing it!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2004, 23:07
Premier Player

Yes I remember that,but if you remember good that game turkish supporters were shouting KOSOVO KOSOVO when he came near,and they throwed stones at him!...one of your players got hit in his back by a stone. But as i told you we dont need him,we got players better than him in our NT.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2004, 23:39
Star Player

games against turkley have always been very hot games. there's a strong rivalry between our countries and turkish supporters are well-known for their very bad attitude so it doesn't mean anyhing for us as long as sakiri feels proud to wear the macedonian dress. if he was feeling more albanian i think he would have shown his will to play for your country long ago. but if you don't need him, we need him so we're happy he plays for us.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2004, 08:14
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultras^Vllaznia
Yes I remember that,but if you remember good that game turkish supporters were shouting KOSOVO KOSOVO when he came near,and they throwed stones at him!...one of your players got hit in his back by a stone. But as i told you we dont need him,we got players better than him in our NT.
What an irrelevant post. What has Kosovo got to do with Sakiri?
And i never said that yous need Sakiri and even if you do that doesnt matter because he is Macedonian and he would have chosen Macedonia no matter what!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2004, 08:28
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Please keep this discussion civil, I just had to delete several posts. If I see the kind of insults that were in this thread again from the same posters, I will not stop at deleting your posts.

If you want to discuss politics, we have a Political Debate forum for that.

The other posts in this thread are still about football, even if Kosovo was mentioned. It must be possible to mention Kosovo in a football debate, without a big fight breaking out.

Last edited by Orange; June 1st, 2004 at 14:08.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2004, 23:14 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
I'm hoping that Artim plays an increasing part of our season next season. He missed a lot of pre-season with all the shenanigans about his work permit, and by his own admission was not as fit as he should have been.

With players the likes of Emanulle Petit, Andy Cole, Domonic Matteo, David Bentley, Djimi Traore amongst others it certainly seems like WBA are really giving the Premiership a go.
Oh yeah Nwanko Kanu as well.

It will be good to see these players alongside our existing stars like Jason Koumas and Tomas Gaardsoe

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2004, 14:17
Rising Star

I agree with you Orange!

I think that Sakiri will leave WBA this year!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2004, 20:21
Star Player

i 'd be surprised if Sakiri stays in WBA... but i agree with you Balis, he awfully lacks competition. artim is the kind of player that can run the whole game with the same pace, attacking or defending.
he's very versatile too. i only hope he'll had a true chance next year.

thanks for your help Orange, unfortunately i was out for several days and couldn't watch this forum closely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in