Bosnia-Macedonia on February 18th - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2004, 12:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

Bosnia-Macedonia on February 18th

it's always thrilling games, especially the last which ended 4-4... i think we are level it will be interesting to see how both nations individually improved since that game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2004, 23:11
Legend

Teams: BIH, Zeljo & OL
This will be a game to test out new players.

So I dont know if it will be a great game.

really for both coaches, it will be a time to see new players, to see if any will be able to turn into regulars on the NT.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2004, 17:54
Legend

When it comes to where each nation is, we have really improved.

We almost made it to Euro 2004.

We beat Denmark at home 2-0. We drew them 1-1 at home.

If we had won that last game, we would have qualified automatically.

We also beat Norway 1-0.

Beat Luxembourg in both games.

Lost to Romania in both.

In friendlies this year: We tied Germany, 1-1. We tied Wales as well.

Our results have really improved and we have a great core of players, some good youngsters, along with the older veterans.

How does Macedonia look ?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2004, 20:40 Thread Starter
Star Player

first of all, welcome here ED123.

i think our teams have almost the same profile. i think your team looks better on the paper cause your players are more famous than ours and play in good leagues like salihamidzic. so i'd give you an advantage : you're the favorites i think.

macedonia has made a lot of improvements and we are building a good squad with a core of very young players : most of the players aren't even 25 and they can count on some experienced players. but overall, i'd say your team is more experienced than ours.
we aren't lucky with qualifs groups cause we always have very tough groups in which it's difficult to express ourselves. but in the important games, like against england, turkey or sweden, we always offered a great show and gave the hardest job to our opponents.

for us, it will be interesting to see some new players and especially see how our coach will settle the team in terms of tactics and roster.

cheers
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2004, 21:17
Legend

Thanks

I dont know many Macedonian players, what are some clubs that some of the players play in ?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2004, 19:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

igor mitreski (spartak moscow)
aleks mitreski (grasshoppers zurich)
georgi hristov (Zwolle fc)
goran pandev (Ancona)
ilco naumoski (Graz AK)
artim sakiri (West Bromwich Albion)
goce sedloski (dinamo zagreb)
velice sumulikoski (FC Zenit Petrograd)
Boban Grncarov (Metalurg Donetsk)
most of our players can be found in bulgaria, croatia, serbia, ukrain and russia.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2004, 20:25
Legend

do you know if there is any place over the internet that will be showing video of this game ??
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2004, 11:57
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Interesting match up and I'll be curious to see how both teams perform. The thing about former Yugo football is that all nations are now on a very decent level and the gaps between them are smaller than ever.

I actually got to watch a few of your games, Bosnia-Norway and Bosnia-Denmark and got to see both of Macedonia's encounters with England and I was impressed! Bosnia could/should have perhaps made it and Macedonia lucked out on the tough group, IMO 4 quality teams there, still there's room to grow from here on for both teams.

Good luck to both in the upcoming qualifiers and ED in an ideal situation we'll finish first and you guys could take #2.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2004, 18:24
Legend

"Blaž Slišković, je izabrao i pročitao na redovnoj konferenciji za novinare igrace koji ce nastupiti u prijateljskom susretu protiv Makedonije. Nekih bitnih promjena nema osim što je vrijedno spomenuti da je pozivnicu dobio Baiano, nogometaš NK Širokog Brijega.

Popis igrača – kandidata za prijateljsku utakmicu protiv Makedonije, po izboru Bake Sliškovića:

Hasagić, Tolja, Brašnić, Bešlija, Berberović, Musić, Konjić, Papac, Spahić, Barbarez, Misimović, Biščević, Grujić, Salihamidžić, Bolić, Krunić, Kerkez, Hrgović, Milenković, Baiano, Rahimić, Halilović.

Ovom popisu se možda pridoda još koje ime jer su pojedini igrači od gore spomenutih povrijedjeni ili u nemogućnosti da se odazovu ovom okupljanju. Naknadne izmjene će Slišković saopstiti par dana prije početka susreta.

Baka ponovno u Mostaru?
Također je spomenuta mogućnost odigravanja prijateljskih susreta mlade ili A tima na stadionu pod Bijelim Brijegom, u gradu Mostaru.
Još je navedeno da će vjerojatno sve susrete A tim, kvalifikacija za predstojeći World Mondial 2006 koji se održava u Njemačkoj 2006, odigrati u Zenici.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sliskovic is calling the usual team, and then about 7-10 new players that will get a shot. Those are Brasnic, Berberovic, Misimovic, Krunic, Kerkez, Bajano, Rahimic, Halilovic.

Also, since Hibic retired. Spahic or Papac will be the likley canidates to play DC beside Muhamed Konjic.

For the next friendly, he will likley once again call the full team, and on top of that, maybe a few more new names. (bartolovic, skoro, etc)
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2004, 12:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

Kanatlarovski chooses large squad
Saturday, 07 February 2004
F.Y.R. Macedonia coach Dragan Kanatlarovski has named a 25-man squad for his side's 18 February friendly with Bosnia-Herzegovina in Skopje.

Chinese challenge
The match will be the third test for Kanatlarovski's side in three weeks, after two away games against China in Shanghai in late January.

Fourth meeting
F.Y.R. Macedonia have played Bosnia-Herzegovina three times before, with the Bosnians winning one 1-0 and the other two matches finishing level, 1-1 and 4-4 respectively.

F.Y.R. Macedonia squad
Milosevski, Nikolovski, Georgievski, Sedloski, Stavrevski, Mitreski, Cumbev, Vasoski, Božinovski, Gjuzelov, Šumulikoski, Trajanov, Mitreski, Krstev, Mustafi, Sakiri, Pandev, Popov, Grozdanovski, Trenevski, Bajramovski, Cadikovski, Toleski, Dimitrovski, Gligorovski.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2004, 13:14
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Red Star , Srbija
Don't know what will happen in this friendly, but all the best to Macedonia in the upcoming qualifiers!

The truth about Sinisa Mihajlovic and his destruction of the Serbian NT

Crvena zvezda - The Greatest EE Club of all time

Nerazzurri4life: Those Red Star fans are truly astonishing.
Demandred: First, I just have to say the Red Star fans were absolutely amazing, incredible atmosphere
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2004, 09:38
Rising Star

Teams: BiH NT,Croatia NT,FK Zeljeznicar
I would really like to see Bajano in our "first eleven".He's a good player,he's got potential.

oh, mac 1 - 2 bosnia

peace with you !
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2004, 22:03
Rookie

as i know the macedonian team will be cut to 18 players.

------------------ -Dimitrovski- ----- -Cadikovski------------------

--- -Sakiri- ------- -Trajanov- ------- -Shumolikovski--- -Grozdanovski

--- -Petrov- ------ -Sedlovski- ---------I.Mitrevski------------Popov

--------------------------------Gorgievski---------------------------

This is the starting 11 i hope for.
oh mac 3-0 bosnia
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2004, 16:26
Legend

Here is the real list of names for the game. The other list was a guess by the media, got a few names wrong.

Sliškovic selects new names
Wednesday, 11 February 2004

Bosnia-Herzegovina coach Blaz Sliškovic has included eight uncapped players in a 20-man squad for the friendly against F.Y.R. Macedonia on 18 February.

High-profile absentees
Former captain Mirsad Hibic retired following the ultimately disappointing UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifying campaign, while first-choice goalkeeper Kenan Hasagic is missing due to injury and Elvir Baljic, Vladan Grujic and Vedin Music are also absent.

New faces
In their places come three foreign-based players - Zvejzdan Misimovic and Ivica Grliŕ of German sides FC Bayern München and TSV Alemannia 1900 Aachen, and Milovan Sikimiŕ from French club EA Guingamp. The other new faces play their football in Bosnia-Herzegovina, with FK Leotar pair Miroslav Milenkovic and Dusan Kerkez being joined by Goran Brasnic (NK Zepce), Danijel Bajkusa (NK Široki Brijeg) and Dario Damjanovic (FK Modrica).

'Chance for young players'
"This team is slightly different to the one that faced Denmark in EURO 2004™ qualifying," Sliškovic said. "But the young players will be given the chance to show what they can do. Of course, we will play to win."

Bosnia-Herzegovina squad
Tolja, Bajramovic, Konjic, Papac, Barbarez, Hrgovic, Beslija, Bolic, Salihamidzic, Berberovic, Misimovic, Sikimic, Halilovic, Grlic, Brasnic, Milenkovic, Kerkez, Bajkusa, Biscevic, Damjanovic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grujic, Baljic, Spahic, Music and Hasagic, guys that are usually on the team have been left off because they are not in shape or are injured.

ONe surprise, I thought Bajano would be called, but I'm sure we will see a few more new names against Luxembourg, and then even against Finland.

It's final though Misimovic has in fact been called.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2004, 01:15
Rising Star

Hi guys, I bet I know why this match has been called up, it is in fact a warm-up for BiH, or a practice for the all-important game that is a few months away.

How come the Macedonians do not play regularly the robust and dynamic Stojanovski who plays for Partizan? He can play virtually in any position ranging from defensive to offensive duties. A truly universal player.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2004, 17:37
Legend

does anybody know if there is any place over the internet that will be showing video of this game ??

and....

what macedonian channel isshowing the game ?
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2004, 20:42
Star Player

FT Rep. of Macedonia [1 - 0] Bosnia-Herzegovina
25' [1 - 0] Goran Pandev

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2004, 20:43 Thread Starter
Star Player

Pandev pounces for victory

Pandev pounces for victory
Wednesday, 18 February 2004
F.Y.R. Macedonia 1-0 Bosnia-Herzegovina
A first-half goal from Goran Pandev gave F.Y.R. Macedonia a hard-earned win against Bosnia-Herzegovina in tonight's friendly international.

Well-worked strike
In front of 8,000 spectators in Skopje, the midfield player scored the only goal of the game midway through the first period, shooting high into the top corner from ten metres after good work from fellow midfield player Artim Sakiri and Dragan Cadikovski.

Important saves
Pandev might have scored a hat-trick but was unable to convert two other clear goalscoring opportunities, being foiled by Bosnian goalkeeper Almir Tolja on each occasion when clear on goal.

Below-strength side
Despite missing several key players through injury, the home side dominated the game and created a host of other chances against opponents who only narrowly missed out on a place in the finals of UEFA EURO 2004™.

Bolic denied
The visitors struggled to carve out chances of their own, although striker Elvir Bolic forced a superb save out of home goalkeeper Jane Nikoloski with a fine header.

--------------------------

i'm very happy with this result but also with the paises towards our brand of football from uefa's reports.

bravo gorance ! he's our best player for sure !
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2004, 20:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

btw, welcome here Real ! are you macedonian to be happy with this result ?
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2004, 20:49
Legend

congrats guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in