UEFA Cup - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2003, 22:16 Thread Starter
Star Player

UEFA Cup

this week will display 2 important games for macedonian football (well each game is important for macedonian football...) :

Lens - Cementarnica 55
AS Roma - Vardar Skopje

i don't think we have any good chance to pass this round but i hope we'll make decent performances. Cementarnica 55 is not in great shape this season and isn't composed of international players. vardar has more chances to make a better game even though they'll face one of the strongest club in the world. they have no weak point and only world class players at each positions. our guys were really impressive against Sparta Praha and Cska Moscow being at least level with these clubs. they even showed some superiority during these games.
in skopje everything will be possible with Gradski overfilled with a fanatic and incredible crowd so the players know they'll have to make their best away. i'm glad vardar's first match is away.
napred vardar ! napred cementarnica !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2003, 02:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Good luck to both teams but I don't see any of them going through but its a great achievement for Vardar two make the UEFA Cup, great for Macedonian football which is on the rise. Both Lens and Roma are obviously great teams and should beat these two teams but hey, anything can happen.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2003, 00:07
Rookie

Teams: FC Rabotnicki
Looks like Cementarnica 55 were the better of the two Macedonian teams. :depress:

I'm so disgusted with Vardar's play right now. It was down right embarassing.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2003, 08:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Vardar - AS Roma : 1-1
Lens - Cementarnica : 5 - 0

We can be proud of Vardar even though they failed to take seriously the previous game at stadio olimpico. Cementarnica is obviously weaker and we cannot blame them too much.
our teams showed good football and vardar could even won his game if at the 85th minute Braga's shot from 10 meters wasn't deflected by the post...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2003, 14:25
Rookie

Teams: FC Rabotnicki
Vardar finally played well. I find that the Macedonian teams are very strong at home.

Lens, I must give Lens lots of credit. They played amazing in Skopje, and like 'ThePretender' said, we cannot blame them. Never the less is showing more and more each year, Macedonian Football is on the rise! Now we need a superstar like Darko Panchev.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in