New NT selector after september 15 ! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2003, 15:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

New NT selector after september 15 !

it's official : nikola gigi ilievski won't be our selector anymore in 2 months. The macedonian FA and him didn't find an agreement.

what to think of his bilan ? i don't really know in fact. except that 2-2 against england in southampton, we can only be proud of good performances against turkey and croatia. he also brought us a 1-1 against lichtenstein that really cost us many points (towards international rankings) and credits.
in fact, our team plays well but loses. but we cannot reproach him our lack of experience and high level of competition. our players often have to content with the domestic league or 3rd rated ones even though they're becoming more and more highlighted with their good performances. i think we can reproach him the fact of denying i. mitreski, hristov, nikolovski, ciric, micevski or stavrevski a place in the NT (half a squad!). we haven't enough good players to get rid of them so easily.
i'm afraid we lose someone really minded with a huge football intelligence. we dont have plenty of such guys though we won't regret his hostility towards medias, vulgarity and dictatorship towards assistants and players, his arrogance and infatuation.

bilan : 3 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats. goal difference: 24-25.

the new names given are : kanatlarovski, hadjievski, dojcinovski. they don't look so new. maybe a foreign coach could be great like milutinovic. but i guess our FA cannot afford anyone of this kind.
Maybe someone like Savevski could be great.

Last edited by thepretender; July 24th, 2003 at 15:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 13:07
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
the Macedonian FA proposed the NT coach position to Anghel Iordanescu, the actual Romanian NT coach. He has until September 15 to decide.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 18:50 Thread Starter
Star Player

yes i 've read that lupisor. it could be good i guess to see some experienced foreign coach bring us his football knowledge. unfortunately, our FA is too young to have some good coaches, technicians, assistants, etc. we awfully need them.
i think iordanescu could see in the macedonian NT some good potential and make some very good things with us. i hope he'll get the wages he deserves and the macedonian FA can afford him.
but other names are coming too : Tumbakovic and Bajevic from serbia.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2003, 11:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

the macedonian FA stopped talks with Iordanescu. he demands too high wages : 450 000 euros per year + flat in skopje + charges.
the MFA asked their sponsor PUMA to help them if they were to hire a foreign based coach. Puma's chief horst wiedman answer looks positive since they want to offer a higher commitment with our FA. they even proposed to approach and convince some free good german coaches.
the current domestic favorite is one of our former NT coach : dragan Kanatlarovski who is currently engaged with Pobeda Prilep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in