69' [3 - 0] Dos Santos

PA R T I Z A N S A M P I O N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2003, 00:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Dos Sanots! hahahahaha funny name, Two Santos.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2003, 21:09
Star Player

good result. we'll be on the next round

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2003, 21:12
Star Player

here's uefa.com's report :

Vardar make impressive start
Wednesday, 16 July 2003
F.Y.R. Macedonian title-holders FK Vardar made a flying start to their UEFA Champions League campaign with a 3-0 first qualifying round home leg victory against Welsh side Barry Town AFC.

Dos Santos double
Brazilian striker Oliveira Wandeir Dos Santos was on top form for Vardar with two of the goals, either side of an effort from Dejan Ristovski. It seemed Barry had subdued Vardar for much of the first half, but Dos Santos delighted the 5,000 home fans on 37 minutes with the opening goal.

Victory sealed
Ristovski doubled Vardar's advantage four minutes after the break. Dos Santos then claimed his second goal of the night 21 minutes from full time to complete the joint-biggest victory margin of the 2003/04 Champions League's opening night and make Vardar hot favourites to progress to meet PFC CSKA Moskva of Russia in the second qualifying round.

----------------------------------------

line ups :

Vardar
1 Zekir
2 Veselinovski
3 Dosevski
5 Anyanviu
7 Grozdanovski
9 Petkov
10 Zaharievski
14 Ristovski
16 Georgievski
21 Brankovic
24 Dos Santos
Substitutes
25 Jovcev
8 Trajcev
11 Nacevski
17 Bozinovski
20 Tasevski
22 Milevski
23 Da Costa

Coach
Zoran STRATEV

Barry Town
1 Ovendale
2 Jarman
3 Lloyd
12 Jenkins
5 Morgan
6 Phillips
7 Molloy
8 French
9 Moralee
10 Ramasut
11 Akinfenwa
Substitutes
25 Rudall
4 Kennedy
13 Byrne
14 Cotterrall
16 York
17 Ocquaye
18 Moss

Coach
Kenneth James BROWN

Referee Assistant Referee
KENAN Asaf (ISR)

Fourth Official
WACHSBERGER Liran (ISR)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2003, 04:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Yeah you should go through the next round, the Welsh teams are usually easy to beat. If you do go to the next round which team will you play then?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2003, 11:44
Star Player

we'll meet CSKA Moscow DC. it will be tougher i guess. russian teams always look unpredictable. though they generally suck in the CL ...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2003, 01:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Russian teams are hard to play but CSKA isn't that good I think. It will be tough but I can think Varder can get passed them, at least qualify for the UEFA Cup.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2003, 16:27
Rising Star

Congrats to Vardar on going through to the next round of qualifications
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2003, 18:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Congrats, so you will now face CSKA Moscow who is a good team. By they way they just signed Ivica Olic so they added some goal scoring but I still think Vardar can get past them and at least qualify for the UEFA Cup.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2003, 17:55
Star Player

it's cool indeed. thanks for your support guys. i hope they can make some sensation and meet some pretigious club then or a weaker one to get the CL pass.

btw, do you think it's a good move for olic ? regarding the fact he was approached by more famous clubs, italian especially.

p-s : another croat topic here...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 16:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Well im pissed and happy about it, im upset that many of our players our going to leagues like Russia and Ukraine when they can easily be good in Germany and Italy. But im happy becuase now guys like Klasnic, Bjelanovic and Sokota who play in better leagues can get a shot, also Olic said in the papers that he never wants to return to Croatia again to play, he has no heart, greedy and selfish player.
Since he is now at CSKA I hope Vardar beats them 10-0 on agg.
This Dos Sanots guy, what nationality is he and how did you get him, becuase I searched him on CM and it said he was a french players from Marseille but by looking at his stats he is too good to play in the Macedonian league!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2003, 18:42
Star Player

well i don't know that much about dos santos vandeir. i only know they found him in brazil like our NT player aguinaldo de jesus braga. if he was a former marseille player, i would have probably heard about him before ( i live in France). but he's very good indeed. maybe we should propose him the macedonian citizenship.

i understand you about that olic transfer. the only leagues that seem to get our players, i mean EE players, are ukrain and russia cause they are not enough attractive for western players regarding comfort, culture, wages, challenges. our players doesn't see these problems , they see better wages and generally european campains are a showcase for them in these clubs to reach better leagues (germany, england, even spain and italy) within only 1 or 2 years of contract. now russian and ukrainian clubs are becoming the new eldorado. and when you look at the squads you see an incredible melting pot of players from latvia, kazakhstan, georgia, serbia, macedonia, (and now) croatia, and so on. it appears to be it could be the only way to compete with western clubs' domination.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2003, 18:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by thepretender
well i don't know that much about dos santos vandeir. i only know they found him in brazil like our NT player aguinaldo de jesus braga. if he was a former marseille player, i would have probably heard about him before ( i live in France). but he's very good indeed. maybe we should propose him the macedonian citizenship.

You should , Dinamo Zagreb have a young Brazilian, Eduardo DaSilva who is an amazing player with skill and he could be playing for Croatia and another play Mitu from Romania got Croatian citizenship. But im not sure how the Macedonian fans would react if they see a "non-macedonian" player representing them.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2003, 01:34
Star Player

if he's an excellent player, i don't see it as a problem for any macedonian fan. we have already a brazilian born player playing for our NT : jesus braga !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in