Artim Sakiri - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2003, 12:51 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Artim Sakiri

It looks like Artim Sakiri is coming England

How do you think he will do? We don't get many Macedonians in the EPL. Only Hristov and Sedloski thatr I can remember who did ok

Sakiri looked good when I saw him play, against England (damn it )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...267324&cc=5739
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2003, 20:39
Star Player

sakiri is a great left-footed attacking/mid but can also play as a striker as he did in sweden for halmstad for instance. he's very gifted technically and particularly on dead balls. seaman can tell...
the english premiership is a very good league. i'm sure he will show some great things there and make his future club fans proud of him. WBA and leicester could be a good destination. but i'd prefer a club like say ... newcastle . but you already have robert on the left who's proved some good things, hasn't he ?

Last edited by thepretender; May 16th, 2003 at 20:42.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2003, 17:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Sedloski was also supposed to go to England, with Southampton to solve thier defense problems but instead they signed two english players, Prutton (N.Forest) and Higginbotham (Derby).
Sakrir will do good but...he will be playing in the first division, this player is really good and I would of liked to see him play in the prem. with Liecester or maybe even Birmingham City becuase he is probably better than Lazaridis on the left.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2003, 17:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by thepretender
WBA and leicester could be a good destination. but i'd prefer a club like say ... newcastle . but you already have robert on the left who's proved some good things, hasn't he ?
Yeah, Well L.Robert better shut his freakin mouth, because now he is saying he would like to sign for Arse or ManUre. Honestly we always have problems with French players at Newcastle, always whining to the papers. I'm really against my team signing French players right now.

As for Leicester. There's a few rumours going around that Leicester may try hijack the deal. WBA are in division 1, whilst Leicester have just been promoted to the top division.

If Leicester offer him a deal, I'm sure he'll go there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City interested in Artim Sakiri (16/05/03)

Leicester are competing with West Brom for the signature of Macedonian star Artim Sakiri.
The midfielder winger, currently of CSKA Sofia in Bulgaria, could have a Ł1m price on his head. Sakiri was the scorer of the corner kick goal past England's David Seaman during the 2-2 draw in the Euro 2004 qualifiers.

Sakiri is set to become a free agent in the next few days and West Brom were favourite to land him until Leicester stepped in. With the Baggies going down and City up, maybe Artim will have a change of heart.

"I will definitely go to England," he said this week.

"My transfer to West Bromwich is still on, and I am closest to signing for them. But my manager has informed me that newly-promoted Leicester have also showed interest, so we will meet in the next few days."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 12:06
Star Player

concerning Robert, he's always been like that! in france when he used to play for PSG, he was already permanently bemoaning : because he felt a lack consideration, a lack of ambition from the club or the club wasn't good enough for him, he wasn't paid enough. he has too much self-estime in fact. he could't even support to be a sub sometimes. he has a bad reputation in france: infatuated with himself, selfish, unrespectful and a troublemaker. it isn't fair to behave like that because Newcastle gave him his chance and made a good player of him. anyway, it wouldn't be a huge human loss if he leaves newcastle IMO. this guy lacks respect.

for sakiri, i'd prefer seeing him play for a premier league side right now, could it be leicester or any other good club. he's 28 now and should consider the fact that WBA may not reach the premiership again. i'd be sad to see him lose time in the division 1 with all the respect i have towards this league.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 18:57 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We've got this other French guy at the club - called Olivier Bernard and yes, he is the next Frenchman to start bad mouthing the club. I think he used to play for your club Lyon.

He should really be thanking us. Last season he wanted to leave Newcastle and play for West Ham. Guess where West Ham are now? Division 1. He can go play for them if he really wants to.

If we sell L.Robert, then we could get equally better players like Harry Kewell or Damien Duff.

2 of the most exciting players I've seen play for Newcastle are L.Robert and David Ginola. It's a shame these guys cant keep their mouth shut.

French players and Newcastle don't mix ! Guivarch, Charvet, Didier Domi, David Ginola, Franck Dumas and so many others just cause problems.

Anyway back to Sakiri. If he can score goals from corners like he did against England then I'd welcome that sort of entertainment in the Premier League. Is he Macedonia's best player?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 20:21
Star Player

yeah i think french players come to england because of the entertainment of the game, the incredible crowds and atmosphere and ... high wages. but i think they still have that kind of feeling of superiority towards english players and they think they will be starters in any club they'll go to. english clubs are generally very enthusiastic and keen on players when they want to engage them and that reinsure french players into this feeling of arriving as a king. furthermore french players, and particularly youngsters, only know about arsenal, manutd, liverpool and chelsea. the rest seems crap to them and they consider clubs like say west ham, newcastle (sorry) or tottenham only as a first step (but that shouldn't last too long...) to an important club which is able to qualify for the CL or a potentially champion.
it could be an explanation of such unrespectful behaviors. i'm a bit surprised by franck dumas, but i'm not from robert, domi or ginola. these guys are simply egomaniacs! robert is particularly stupid. just hear him talk and make a sentence, you will understand the whole guy... but i think it's the whole problem of the new generation of players who don't respect the experienced ones, want to be starters and doesn't accept to be subs and that have to improve. they simply want everything right now!

back to sakiri , i think he's currently our best player, i mean offensively. we have also hristov, former barnsley striker, and the rising pandev from Inter Milan. you probably don't know him yet cause he plays for Inter's B team (with another macedonian of the same age stojkov) but he's a great prospect. he's only 19.

we have also good ones in defense like sedloski (dinamo zagreb), igor mitreski (spartak moscow) and vasoski (vardar skopje) who really became famous in macedonia since that game against ... england. he was in charge of beckham on the left wing... i guess beck still remember that night very very well ...
in midfield, popov, aleks mitreski, trajanov (the 2nd scorer against england) are very good too.
but i'll stop there cause i may become a bit chauvinistic.

btw, it's very cool that you come here and show interest to us. we're still a small team though we have some good potential.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2003, 22:57 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Dumas wasn't too bad when think about it. The only French player that seems well behaved towards his club is Thierry Henry. You never hear him say 'I want more money, I want to play for Real Madrid etc unlike the captain of Arsenal - Vieira.

L.Robert is really strange though. Just 2 weeks ago he was saying he was really happy at Newcastle and wanted to be part of Newcastle's great future (we have the best young team in the EPL).

Then 1 week later he says he would like to join Arsenal or Man Utd.

To be honest, I don't always believe the stories because words can get mis interpreted in the translation. Plus, it's that damn " France Football " magazine ! They really like to make trouble when they interview players and make it sound like the players are unhappy at their current club. All the negative rumors seem to come from that magazine, which the English newspapers pick up on, then all the trouble starts

Back to Macedonian football . I've only heard of a few players, namely the former EPL players Hristov (Barnsley), Sedloski (Sheffield Wednesday), but also Mistreski. I think Bayern were very interested in signing him last season.

As for this Pandev guy. I'm sorry to hear he's at Inter. Yes, Inter is a great club, but it's a graveyard for footballers.

They like to buy lots of young players with potential, but rarely give them a chance. Only their superstars seem to be played.

Btw, I hear Macedonian women are beautiful ! (which is another reason I came to this forum )My friend Looney says ShevaGirl is HOT

Last edited by ROBLEDO; May 19th, 2003 at 23:03.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2003, 10:03
Star Player

LOL ! they're beautiful indeed. Sheva where are you ?

mitreski interested a lot Bayern, Hertha Berlin, Parma AC and ... Arsenal. but at this time, spartak's chairmen said a transfer was simply impossible. now things have changed and as far as i know he was very close of an engagement with Hertha but 1 or 2 other german sides i don't remember made offers too.

concerning Pandev, i'm happy he's at such a great club but i completely agree with you considering the fact that young players like ventola (ne's not now) and even darko pancev the greatest macedonian ever, and one of the best strikers in football history, a pure n° 9, never really add their chance. i hope the prophecy won't be true again.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2003, 16:29
Star Player

according to Vest.com.mk, artim sakiri is between england and turkey...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 15:02
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBLEDO

Btw, I hear Macedonian women are beautiful ! (which is another reason I came to this forum )My friend Looney says ShevaGirl is HOT
Say hello to Looney

Quote:
LOL ! they're beautiful indeed. Sheva where are you ?

Here i am

As for Sakiri i think he is wonderful player and the oppurtunity to go and play in country like England is perfect I wish him luck wherever he goes I hope he will score tonight against Turkey
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 15:04
Rising Star

Quote:
concerning Pandev, i'm happy he's at such a great club but i completely agree with you considering the fact that young players like ventola (ne's not now) and even darko pancev the greatest macedonian ever, and one of the best strikers in football history, a pure n° 9, never really add their chance. i hope the prophecy won't be true again.
Yes i hope too because Pandev is very skillful and he has great talent....it would be waste if he doesn't get any chance
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 16:27 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Shevagirl
I hope he will score tonight against Turkey
me too .

Btw, Sakiri to West Brom is not 100% completed yet. A top Turkish team (Fenerbache I think) are trying to get him and he will perhaps prefer to play in the UEFA Cup/CL as opposed to division 1 in England
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 19:34
Star Player

I remember Sakiri from the Swedish league when he played for Halmstads BK, he used to score a lot of goals...

Btw he just scored the 1-0 goal for Macedonia vs Turkey...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 21:36
Rising Star

Yes he scored,my wish comed true, but we lost
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 01:19 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Unlucky, it was a good game of football though. It's just a shame one of your players was struck by an object thrown from the Turkish supporters. Football can do without those idiots
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 17:02
Kfor, Eulex = OUT!!
Premier Player

Teams: Partizan / Serbian NT
nice game by madeconia ... sad to see you lose .. good luck to FYROM in the rest of their qualyfing games .. you will always a part of my heart and ex-yugo !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in