The Everton thread - Page 5 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 11:49
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne, Panathinaikos, Everton
Cool.... thanks

Has anyone seen our new playing strip for this season?
Its a return back to an all blue shirt... 150 times better than that other crap we had for the past two years. The away shirt is back once again to white, and the third strip is an all black one (which will be used against Blackburn Rovers, and probably against West Brom as well)

The only thing left now is for our new sponsors to be announced and we are ready to rock n roll.... for the 100th time

" If you cant see through it... dont drink it !"

Eddie Van Halen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 12:10
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
i'll gladly contribute to the everton forum regularly, you can betchya bottom dollar
post #83 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 12:15 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
Bottom Dollar? Seriously Everton are actually preparing themselves better than they have in previous seasons, so we won't fall down this time...

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
:depress:

post #84 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2002, 12:24
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Melbourne Heart, Liverpool, sheffield utd
as a pool supporter let me state for the record, on xtratime Id like nothing better than to see everton get their own forum oh happy days

well uve got ureselves a good young manager with a fresh approach, just hope ure retiscent board actually decides to invest seriously on the transfer market, everton charging for a title or at the very least europe is a mouth watering thought, it would make the derbies all the more meaningful, David toppling goliath is fun Im sure for u blokes but theres nothing like a classic derby between 2 powerful teams, bring back the 80's everton!
post #85 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2002, 03:52
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC (goodison Pk. Heaven on Earth)
See that Fred the Liverpool fans will be standing in a que just to post on the Everton board. Where else will they go to Banter with us.
post #86 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2002, 04:02
Rising Star

I don't follow the team as closely as some others do, but I'd be willing to post there as it would be my 2nd favorite after barcelona. So, lets try it out.
post #87 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2002, 06:15
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Monday, July 15, 2002
Rooney ready to fill Gazza's shirt
By Colin Wood

Everton boss David Moyes has promised to give the Premiership an early glimpse of Goodison wonderkid, 16- year-old striker Wayne Rooney.

David Moyes: Has a real star in the making.
(RossKinnaird/Allsport)
Moyes is trying to contain the excitement generated by the immense potential of the local discovery, who shot his club to the FA Youth Cup Final last season - but is certain to unleash the promising youngster into the top-flight sooner rather than later.

Rooney was on the bench at Southampton in April a few weeks after leaving school.

He would have become Everton's youngest ever first-team player but for an England call in the European Under 21 championship in Denmark.

He cannot now beat the record of Everton idol and England striker Joe Royle, who was 83 days short of his 17th birthday when he was thrown in at the deep end by then Goodison boss Harry Catterick at Blackpool in January 1966.

But Rooney, who will sign a full contract on his 17th birthday in October, is impressing the seniors at their training camp in Austria and, as a consequence, has been given Paul Gascoigne's old squad number, 18.

Moyes said: 'There are concerns with his age because there are different periods when youngsters tire, but he has done fantastically well up to now. He has worked hard in everything he has done, is in good shape and, as everyone knows now, is a very good football player.

'It is his first time in pre-season as a pro footballer and I think we have to remember and take that factor into account. But with him being such a good talent it would be wrong to keep him away from it because of his age. He is definitely one for the future.'

Moyes was also happy to see striker Duncan Ferguson back in training at the Tirol camp after he missed the first session with a back problem.

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #88 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 05:00
Star Player

Moyes also asks everton fans not to expect too much from the young lad, then why would he give him Gazas old number. Nothing like giving him a small jersey to start with.
I just wonder how long it will take us to sell him as well.
post #89 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 05:02
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Tuesday, July 16, 2002
Jeffers set to quit Highbury?
By Alan Nixon

Francis Jeffers is set to leave Arsenal after a year of misery and misfortune since moving from Everton.
Arsene Wenger signed the England Under-21 striker only last summer in a deal worth £7million after appearances, but ankle injuries blighted Jeffers' first season.

Discreet moves are now being made to find a buyer and even Everton have been sounded out in the unlikely event they would take him back.

Goodison boss David Moyes hopes to extend Rodrigo's trial after he was denied the chance of seeing the Brazilian striker in match action.

The player impressed at the club's pre-season training camp in Austria but a toe infection ruled him out of their 3-1 win over SC Bruck, when teenage prospect Wayne Rooney scored his first senior goal for Everton.

If Rodrigo misses Tuesday's meeting with Wiez, the club will seek permission to keep him until the weekend, when they play at Shrewsbury.

Moyes said: 'If he can't play over here, I would hope that we can keep him until Saturday.'

Everton have lined up a one-year deal for China World Cup midfielder Li Tie and are maintaining an interest in Tranmere Rovers' Jason Koumas.

But their bid to sign Estonia goalkeeper Mart Poom from Derby County is no nearer, despite a kind-hearted gesture from his old club, Flora Tallinn.

They offered to take a smaller sell-on fee to allow Derby to drop their £6m valuation, but the First Division club have refused. Flora president Aivar Pohlak said: 'There's more to sport than business.'

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #90 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 08:12 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

I think Everton without Ball and Jeffers is a good thing, two players who aren't that great and who get injured often.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #91 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 10:37
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne, Panathinaikos, Everton
Who wants Jeffers back anyway.... he didnt want to re-sign for us, so bollocks to the idea of him coming back!!

" If you cant see through it... dont drink it !"

Eddie Van Halen
post #92 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 10:51 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

True, and we can get better and more consistent strikers on the cheap too!

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #93 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 11:39
Rising Star

Teams: FC. Internazionale
Everton are set to sign Chinese defender Li Weifeng on loan subject to the player securing a work permit.

The deal coincides with the club becoming the first in Europe to enter into a deal with a Chinese company.

Everton have secured a two-year contract with Kejian Company, one of the Far East's leading manufacturers of mobile phones.

Weifeng, who played in the World Cup, is expected to arrive on Merseyside within the next 10 days to begin a 12-month loan period. He currently plays for Shenzhen Ping'an.

Everton are also expecting two Chinese players to join their academy in each of the two seasons of the sponsorship deal.

From now on I support Everton

FC INTERNAZIONALE

"Grazie, Bobo!"
post #94 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 20:33
Star Player

There you have it Fred we have more than enough to start the forum.
post #95 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 20:42
Star Player

And so you should Bj2008 one of the oldest and best teams in England. Not to mention they come from the greatest city in England and all.
Yabo gets work papers and is set to join the team in Austria. where by the way wayne Rooney scored a hat trick
post #96 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 21:37
Rising Star

Just to add one more, I would also visit an Everton Forum.
post #97 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2002, 23:58
Rising Star

Teams: FC. Internazionale
What i have known about Everton is : 9 top league winner & European winner cup winner and I know some players in ur teams such as: BlomquistAChadwick

FC INTERNAZIONALE

"Grazie, Bobo!"
post #98 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 01:12
Star Player

See Fred it will be bigger than even you imagined.
post #99 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 01:36
Star Player

Sorry to tell you BJ but Blomquist was given his release from Everton this summer. AS Man U has the Yanks Everton have the Chinese, I think we will have the larger Market.
In either case this move will benefit Everton and the developement of chinese players. Dont get me wrong Im not saying that Everton has the best acadamy in English football but any kind of diversity to players is good. Just look at the US with foriegn coaches and players playing in european leagues has helped them come so far in a short period of time.
post #100 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2002, 04:41
International
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United and England
Paul, I will definitely be reporting the good news to the mods. But, like I've said, its not me that makes the decision. I can only argue on your behalf. Keep up the quality posting, and how can you be turned down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in