The Everton thread - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2002, 22:58
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
I don't think theres any need for a hammers forum. Surely there are other places on the net to find out about DIY.

Sorry just had to say that.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 01:09
International
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United and England
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammers
what about a Hammers forum?
the Criterion is the amount of regular posters you can attract. I'm afraid that the Admins just won't sanction a forum for the sake of one fan. In my opinion, there should be at least 4 or 5 regular posters. I'll start up a west ham thread, and we'll go from there.
post #63 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 05:43
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Monday, July 8, 2002
Moyes keeps the pressure on Poom
By Alan Nixon

Everton boss David Moyes will know today if Derby County have finally accepted his offer for goalkeeper Mart Poom.
Moyes's improved bid - worth around 3.5million - has been tabled and the relegated Rams have a board meeting where they will decide on their answer.

The Everton chief may have to switch targets if the money for Poom is not rated good enough by Derby and he has pencilled in a visit to see Slovak international Camil Contofalsky in midweek.

Moyes has a limited budget and although Poom tops his list, he may have to be practical and go elsewhere, with the Bohemians Prague keeper his next option.

Moyes also hopes to know whether Nigerian World Cup star Joseph Yobo is willing to join him from Marseille for 3.5m in the next 48 hours.

There are signs that Arsenal are interested in signing him, although Yobo has stayed on Merseyside over the weekend while he decides on his future and talks to friends in the game, including Arsenal's Kanu.

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

post #64 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 16:10 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
In the meantime the general English forum is enough for fans of clubs other than those with separate forums already...

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
:depress:
post #65 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2002, 06:12
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Everton Sign Marseille Defender Joseph Yobo
News Archive

Yobo (R) may well face Emile Heskey in a Merseyside derby next season (Allsport)
07/09/2002. Everton have beaten off stiff opposition to sign Nigerian international Joseph Yobo from Marseille.

The defender agreed a one-year deal at Goodison, with an option for a further four, after passing a medical at the club this afternoon, and will cost his new club ?m.

Yobo will join up with his new team mates after he is granted a work permit, however as he played in all three of Nigeria's World Cup 2002 games, Everton cannot foresee a problem.

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #66 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 03:38
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Everton Confirm Interest In Arsenal Keeper Richard Wright
News Archive

Moyes is looking to improve his squad (Allsport)
07/10/2002. Everton manager David Moyes has confirmed that he is interested in signing Arsenal goalkeeper Richard Wright.

With David Seaman looking as though he will stay at Highbury for at least one more season, Wright's chances could again be limited as occurred last season, prompting Moyes to take a look at the situation.

He told the Liverpool Echo, "I have made an inquiry for Richard Wright but further than that I don't want to say any more."

soccerage

post #67 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 03:45
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Gary Megson Dismisses Alexandersson Links
News Archive

Alexandersson is not heading for West Brom (Allsport)
07/10/2002. West Brom boss Gary Megson has denied that he is considering a bid for Everton winger Niclas Alexandersson.

The Premiership new boys have been linked with the Swede in the media, however Megson is quick to put the record straight.

He told the club's official web site, "There's a lot of talk about West Brom doing this and that. It's happening because we have been promoted and the finances at the club have changed. I read we were after Alexandersson the other day, yet we don't even play with a right winger."

soccerage

post #68 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 14:12 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
Either we rid ourselves of certain players, or we gamble on them assuming Moyes can make them play better...

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
:depress:
post #69 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 22:17
Premier Player

Teams: Liverpool and England
Re: Everton needs...

Quote:
Originally posted by David Votoupal
DaMarcus Beasley
Wot!!! the guy who piss on the sideline???

"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble."
Bill Shankly
post #70 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2002, 22:26
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Everton Still In The Hunt For Mart Poom
News Archive

Poom could still join Everton (Allsport)
07/11/2002. Everton are still looking to sign Derby goalkeeper Mart Poom, despite expressing an interest in Arsenal stopper Richard Wright earlier this week.

The Estonian keeper has been a long time target of new Goodison boss David Moyes and he confirmed that the deal is still in progress.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, he said, "We are still talking and we are still negotiating. We hope some progress can be made in that direction."

soccerage

post #71 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 01:05
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC (goodison Pk. Heaven on Earth)
If there is no Everton Forum then where do you expect us to post. I know more than three Evertonians on this board and if there was an Everton forum there would be more of us posting there, on a consistant basis. We have to have our cake first before we can eat it. Besides Fred there is no other Fans that have more to cry about than Everton, what better place to do it than on an Everton Forum.
post #72 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 04:10
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Li Tie Close To Everton Loan Deal
News Archive

Li Tie (R) played against top quality this summer (Allsport)
07/12/2002. Everton are reportedly close to signing Chinese World Cup star Li Tie on loan.

The Liaoning Bird midfielder played in all three of China's games in WC2002, and it would seem that talks are at an advanced stage.

Bird general manager, Cheng Penghui, said, "I am guessing the loan fee will be in the region of ?00,000 and it is unlikely to go much higher than that. From negotiations conducted so far, Everton have expressed enough sincerity to show that they are keen to take Li to England. If Everton are convinced Li is the right player for them, the negotiation process is not likely to drag on for too long."

soccerage

post #73 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 04:21
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Wright's Agent Dismisses Link With Everton
News Archive

07/12/2002. Richard Wright's agent has dismissed recent speculation linking the Arsenal goalkeeper with a move to Everton.

The former Ipswich shot-stopper endured a tricky debut season at Highbury and with David Seaman still expected to be the number one Wright may find himself on the bench once again.

Jonathan Barnett said: "Arsene Wenger does not want to sell Richard and the lad is determined to be a first team regular next season.

"Moyes' (Everton boss) enquiry is all nonsense."

soccerage

post #74 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 21:55
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
CMs : Just out of interest, does this have anything do with the proposed closure of the Blackburn forum?

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #75 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 22:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
not at all, it's a private initiative of Fred. Your Rovers forum is being given a trial period just like you asked, as I told you.

Paul, suits yourself, but do understand there has to be some demand before a forum can be made - Otherwise, the forum will be dead. Every forum on Xtratime (or most) were created after those who asked for it brought a big support - Do the same and you'll have an Everton forum on XT, after all it can't be that difficult trying to tell some Evertonian friends to join your request to have an Everton forum.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
post #76 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2002, 22:47
Star Player
International

Teams: Rangers | DIF | HSV | Hellas Verona
Hey Mutu, I got a few Chels from some various places, I can try and get some more Rovers fans on XT if you like

A young Rangers debutant was preparing himself in the dressing room.

Bobby Shearer asked "How are you feeling son?"

"Well to be honest, I'm feeling a bit nervous Mr. Shearer," he replied.

Bobby's retort was simple, "Son, when you pull that blue jersey over your head, it's the other team that feels nervous!"

Bobby Shearer, Rangers player, Rangers fan & gentleman. R.I.P
post #77 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 02:09
International
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULMAY
If there is no Everton Forum then where do you expect us to post. I know more than three Evertonians on this board and if there was an Everton forum there would be more of us posting there, on a consistant basis. We have to have our cake first before we can eat it. Besides Fred there is no other Fans that have more to cry about than Everton, what better place to do it than on an Everton Forum.
well, a good indicator is how many people you can get contributing to this thread, perhaps. I think Everton does need a forum, but I agree that it needs fan base or else it will be dead on its feet. If there are about 4 everton fans contributing regularly to this or the other everton thread, then it will happen.
post #78 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 03:51
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Derby Reject Everton's Bid For Mart Poom
News Archive

Poom is not joining Everton yet (Allsport)
07/13/2002. Everton's search for a goalkeeper looks set to continue after Derby rejected their bid for Mart Poom.

The Estonian was targeted by Goodison boss David Moyes, however the first division side have said that they are not prepared to sell their stars on the cheap.

Derby chief executive Keith Loring said, "We made it clear in May we would have to sell to help us to readjust financially to life in the First Division. But that doesn't mean we're going to let top players go for less than their value. Everton's bid did not meet our valuation of a player who John Gregory would like to keep at Derby County. Every player has his price but, unfortunately for Everton, they were off-mark in their offer for Mart Poom."

soccerage

post #79 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 11:23
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne, Panathinaikos, Everton
Will we get a forum before or after the season kicks off?
And how long before a decision is made about it?

" If you cant see through it... dont drink it !"

Eddie Van Halen
post #80 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2002, 21:12
International
World Class Player

Unfortunately Pao, I don't have the authority to make the decision. But I can advocate on your behalf. Personally, I think Everton should have a forum, but my opinion alone won't make it happen. The more people you can get in here over the next few weeks, writing about the toffees, the better for the cause really

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in