The Everton thread - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1754 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2002, 15:31
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Everton Linked With Czech Goalkeeper Cech
News Archive

06/26/2002. Everton have been linked with a move for Sparta Prague's 20-year-old Czech keeper Petr Cech by the players' agent.

Viktor Kolar said: I expect Petr to move to England and play for Everton in the near future.

"We are just waiting to hear news regarding a work permit."

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1754 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2002, 03:32 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Teams: Everton FC, Australia
Hopefully he shouldn't be too expensive for us. So a goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and strikers with pace are still priorities.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
:depress:
post #23 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2002, 20:11
Premier Player
Premier Player

Teams: West Ham United F.C
how about Zamora? How much $$$ have Everton got?

Selling probably our best defensive prospect since Bobby Moore is sound business practice. Of course.

post #24 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2002, 02:18 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Sadly not that much, but enough to build a viable team I hope...

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #25 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2002, 04:00
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Tuesday, July 2, 2002
Weir signs new Everton contract

David Weir has ended speculation linking him with Manchester United by tying himself to Goodison Park for a further three years.
After establishing himself as the cornerstone of Everton's defence, the Scotland centre-half came under growing scrutiny from Sir Alex Ferguson last season. But Weir, 32, has now accepted an extension to keep him on Merseyside until 2005.

Weir could face increased competition for places next season after indications that Everton are among the frontrunners to sign Coventry's out-of-contract centre-back Gary Breen.

The Republic of Ireland star has held talks with several clubs at home and abroad, including Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, Celtic, Charlton, Southampton and Birmingham.

He is expected to announce a decision before the end of the week and is said to have whittled down the list to Everton, Newcastle and West Ham.

soccernet

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #26 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2002, 04:20 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Well I'm not sure if Breen would be a good signing but Weir has been good for us in the last couple of years and is a worthwhile player. We do need a good centre-back and will probably have to go to Europe for that (most likely Italy).

As for a goalkeeper, I'm not sure who I'd sign either. But still, my ideal team would be (NOTE: ?? means I'm still undecided as to who I want in that position):

GK: ??
RB: Steve Watson
CB: David Weir
CB: ??
LB: Alessandro Pistone
RM: David Thompson
CM: Tobias Linderoth
CM: Paul Evans
LM: DaMarcus Beasley
FW: Thomas Radzinski
FW: Nick Chadwick

We really need to go after Thompson, Evans and Beasley as they would give us much-needed creativity. As for a goalie, Cech sounds promising but I'm wondering if goalies like Mart Poom or Giuseppe Taglialatela might be good. As for a centre-back, maybe we might tempt Fabio Galante or Daniele Adani over.

So a team reading:

Poom

Watson Weir Galante Pistone

Thompson Linderoth Evans Beasley

Radzinski Chadwick (or Rooney, if he's ready for this level)

might be an interesting one indeed...

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #27 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2002, 10:05
Rookie

Teams: Everton FC
Quote:
Originally posted by David Votoupal
We already have Linderoth who is an excellent player as he's showing in the World Cup. If we were to add Thompson and Beasley (or Blanco), all is needed is a central playmaker.
We have graverso to be a central playmaker

---->Come on Everton<----
www.efc82.fsnet.co.uk
post #28 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2002, 13:32 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Gravesen is alright as a central midfielder, he isn't an outright playmaker but he can come forward when needed. But neither Gravesen nor Alexandersson have been able to deliver for us, despite performing at international level. Linderoth has shown promise whenever he's come on for us, and impressed greatly at the World Cup.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #29 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 04:39
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Wednesday, July 3, 2002
McBride keen on Everton move
By Chris Wheeler

World Cup striker Brian McBride has paved the way for a move to Everton by calling on his employers not to stand in his way.
The USA international's contract is owned by Major League Soccer, but the Columbus Crew forward knows he can eclipse his Ł200,000-a-year salary by moving to the Premiership.

Everton manager David Moyes signed McBride, 30, on loan when he was in charge of Preston and now wants to bring him to Goodison Park in a bargain deal, possibly as low as Ł500,000, which could involve a swap with USA team-mate Joe-Max Moore.

MLS want to hold on to McBride, but the player insisted: 'Every person needs to make his own decision.

'If a player decides he wants to go or stay, I would hope the league would want people to be happy. That's the only way you're going to get a good player, if he's happy.'

soccernet

post #30 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 04:41 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

McBride would be a good signing, a big target man who can score goals whenever needed. And we desparately need that. Though we can't have too many non-EU players, so we'll have to go with either Nationwide buys or European buys (mostly French or Italian...).

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #31 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 05:35
International
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United and England
Everton Forum

Due to the apparent popularity of Everton FC, it seems reasonable to suggest that we set up a forum for what was traditionally one of the biggest clubs in England. Thoughts please.
post #32 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 08:39
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Yes seems so.

(it'll get them off here anyway )
post #33 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 09:37
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

that would be a great idea...i guess we have quite a lot of everton fans here...

post #34 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 09:46 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

I'm perhaps the most ardent Evertonian on here and am willing to do anything for my beloved Everton

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #35 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 16:29
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Everton's Move For Breen Falls Through
News Archive

Breen won't become a Toffee (Allsport)
07/04/2002. Everton have ended their interest in Republic of Ireland international defender Gary Breen after the two parties failed to agree terms.

The 28-year-old former Coventry player is out of contract and has been receiving interest from a large number of clubs following his impressive displays at the World Cup.

soccerage

post #36 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 16:38
World Class Player

Teams: Manchester United
Yep give them a forum so they dont clutter this one up

England the home of football.
MUFC-The Religion.

Quote:
Fish are caught by there mouths, men by there word
post #37 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 22:14
Star Player

i'm sorry to disappoint you toffees but the omens don't look too promising. keep trying though!

The Premiership is not a sprint, but a marathon.
post #38 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2002, 22:19
Star Player

raanan;

"Well I oppose from the same reason ?????? stated.

Seriously though I don't think there's a place for an Everton forum just yet...I looked at the thread and it has almost 30 posts with most of them being Carson's articles. My Beitar Jerusalem thread has almost 50 replies in 2 weeks, but you don't see me asking for a Beitar forum, right?

Successful in my opinion would be if there would be around 5 Evertonians + 2-3 guys with interest in such a forum. There used to be an Everton forum with 1 or 2 Everton fans and it died out pretty much fast, so I wouldn't want to see the same mistake again. But David Votoupal would be a cool choice for a Moderator if and when there is an Everton forum. Good luck to the Everton forum supporters in their quest anyway, perhaps the solution would be to advertise this site on various english forums or Everton websites, and if it helps to bring in more Everton fans I guess we'll see an Everton forum on Xtratime sooner or later.

That's just my personal opinion of this. "

The Premiership is not a sprint, but a marathon.
post #39 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2002, 02:02 Thread Starter
Star Player
Star Player

Well an Everton forum, which I'd like to moderate, would be a viable one only if we've got a sufficient number of people interested in Everton. It's pretty difficult on these forums, since they aren't that many Evertonians around.

EVERTON TILL I DIE

RIP Marc-Vivien Foe
post #40 of 1754 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2002, 06:44
kat
THE
Legend

Don't give up on hope, I mean, the Chelsea forum had one member and perhaps 3,4 visiting members, but nobody rushed to close us down. but perhaps I was just too intimidating for them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in