LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 137 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 19:59 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers

Roberto Espanyol > West Ham - Free

This is West Ham's new experienced Spanish back up keeper, replacing Adrian. He won't get to play much as Fabianski has missed about 4 games in the past 4 seasons combined.

In release news.

Rob Green has retired after a couple of seasons of not playing at all.

Villa have released Alan Hutton, Albert Adomah and Tommy Elphick, the latter two will likely go to Championship clubs, maybe one of the Old Firm will want Hutton.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 137 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2019, 16:24 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Villa have also canned Mile Jedinak, Micah Richards, Ritchie De Laet, Glenn Whelan and Mark Bunn.

post #43 of 137 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 21:53 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

David Martin Millwall > West Ham - Free

Don't get too excited but West Ham have a new third choice keeper. He's the son of club legend Alvin Martin, so that's at least a tie in.

In other West Ham news they've sold Lucas Perez to Alaves and Edimilson Fernandes to Mainz, neither of them looked up to premier league standard.

Villa have released Ross McCormack who has been a walking meme since the gate incident.

Arsenal have released Lichtsteiner, which was expected as his contract was up and he came to the league too old to make an impact.

Bournemouth release Marc Pugh, who's been there years but had been out of favour for a while.
Jeffrey likes this.

post #44 of 137 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2019, 22:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I think Mile's coming back home to be a marquee player for one of the two new A-league clubs being introduced next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #45 of 137 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 21:51 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jedinak always had banging free kicks. One of the better Aussies to play in the PL, obviously behind the late 90's/early 00's lot, but very good.

- Phil Jagielka has been released by Everton having been there over a decade. He'd been phased out on the pitch over the past year or so, but I think they'll miss him in the dressing room. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Sheff Utd for a season.

- Danny Sturridge and Alberto Moreno released by Liverpool. Sturridge will always be a "what if?" player, I'm pretty sure someone will pick him up in the prem, just depends on injuries as ever with him. Moreno I imagine goes back to Spain, he never looked likely to regain his position once Robertson emerged as first choice.

post #46 of 137 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 21:53 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jedinak always had banging free kicks. One of the better Aussies to play in the PL, obviously behind the late 90's/early 00's lot, but very good.

- Phil Jagielka has been released by Everton having been there over a decade. He'd been phased out on the pitch over the past year or so, but I think they'll miss him in the dressing room. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to Sheff Utd for a season.

- Danny Sturridge and Alberto Moreno released by Liverpool. Sturridge will always be a "what if?" player, I'm pretty sure someone will pick him up in the prem, just depends on injuries as ever with him. Moreno I imagine goes back to Spain, he never looked likely to regain his position once Robertson emerged as first choice.

post #47 of 137 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 21:58 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Alleged rumours at the moment.

- Spurs are heavily pursuing Giovani Lo Celso, with a lot of places seeming confident that a deal is close to being done. Would likely mean Eriksen leaving if they got him. Spurs also rumoured to be looking at Tanguy Ndombele.

- West Ham seem to be battling Everton for Andre Gomes, Everton are taking longer than expected to wrap this up, which might let the Hammers sneak in.

- West Ham also looking at Moussa Marega from Porto, they were looking at Maxi Gomez, but it sounds like he's off to Valencia.

- Newcastle being linked with young Brazilians Joelinton from Hoffenheim and Wesley from Brugge, but I imagine what happens with them is down to any takeover.

- Wolves reportedly looking likely to pip Newcastle to sign Rondon, also quite close to signing young Mexican defender Edson Alvarez.

- Bournemouth have apparently made a bid for Dragowski.

post #48 of 137 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 22:27
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Very smart signing from Wolves if they pick Rondón.

So Eriksen would be off to Real Madrid? Very hard player to replace obviously, but Lo Celso seems like a very good choice, if he adapts to EPL, which is not always easy for central midfielders.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich
post #49 of 137 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 11:00 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Eriksen has indeed said he might be open to a new challenge and that Madrid would be a step up, but has also said that he could sign a new contract and stay. Depends if Madrid could afford him if they're also buying Hazard, Mendy and Jovic.

Other rumours this morning.

- Sky reporting that Southampton have agreed a deal to sign Moussa Djenepo to add to their wing options.

- Steven Bergwijn is wanted by Spurs according to Dutch journalists.

- Aston Villa are set to sign Jota in a part exchange with Gary Gardner according to Sky.

post #50 of 137 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2019, 16:54 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jota Birmingham City > Aston Villa - Ł6m

So Villa sign Jota in a part-exchange deal with Gary Gardner. He's usually been very good in the championship over a number of years so deserves a premiership chance. I imagine he'll come in for Grealish or Hourihane to give Villa another creative threat.

- Newcastle have also released Mo Diame, who someone might well pick up.

post #51 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 12:27 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ashley Williams and Bakary Sako released. Williams had been out on loan last season and is likely finished at the top level, but huge player for Swansea back in the day. Sako getting signed again last season was a bit weird.

post #52 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 12:50 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Chelsea have also appealed to CAS against their transfer ban, so they could well be buying players this summer.

Bullshit rumours today.

- Spurs and Man Utd apparently competing for Bruno Fernandes from Sporting, which would presumably end Spurs looking at Lo Celso if it's right.

- Villa looking to buy Maxi Gomez, which would certainly be a statement of intent upon their return, but not sure how realistic it is.

- Arsenal have supposedly put a joint bid in for Joachim Andersen and Dennis Praet of Sampdoria, after buying Lucas Torreira from there last season.

- Man City have allegedly agreed a fee with Juventus to sign Joao Cancelo.

- Slaven Bilic is set to become the new West Brom manager.

post #53 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 15:53 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Daniel James Swansea City > Man Utd - Ł18m

Man U's summer recruitment under Ole has started, apparently they're looking at youth and potential this summer and James could fit the mould.

Last edited by Rob; June 12th, 2019 at 16:31.
post #54 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 16:00 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Miguel Britos and Tommie Hoban have been released by Watford, which is of no use to anyone.

Michel Vorm also released, who might be useful in the championship.

Last edited by Rob; June 7th, 2019 at 16:36.
post #55 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 16:52
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
I'm curious about what Everton will do this summer, after ending the season decently.

They just released Ashley Williams in addition to Jagielka, and Zouma seems likely to leave for Chelsea. There are even rumors of Mina leaving. That leaves Keane and pretty much no one else at CB? Holgate? Even Kenny and Digne are rumored to have offers. They need to retain a few of those and buy 2-3 CBs I guess?

Then Gomes is not certain, and he was really important.

I'd imagine they will retain Richarlison and most other in their rotation attacking players (most of Bernard, Walcott, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson) get rid of some more fringe ones (they have a ton of hose, including those coming back from loan) or promote one or two back to the first team if they sell the rotation ones, and but a new striker as well?

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

Last edited by van; June 7th, 2019 at 16:58.
post #56 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 19:53 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

They have a lot of wages tied up in players that I don't think Silva likes, such as Tosun, Schneiderlin and Ramirez, they might look to shift some of those first. I think Gueye might go to PSG too.

I imagine they'll try and keep Gomes and Digne, probably give Mina another year and get Zouma if there's any chance Chelsea sell him

post #57 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 21:15 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Aaaaaaand Eden Hazard has officially gone to Madrid.

One of the best premier league players full stop, really gonna miss him.

post #58 of 137 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 23:58
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
100 million for a final year of contract player. Obviously one of the best players, so there is not many direct comparisons, but this will have a knock on effect on other contracts and fees
post #59 of 137 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2019, 07:10 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't think it will have much of an effect really, if he had years on his contract I don't see why he should cost less than Neymar really.

Seems like the league could lose some big stars this summer with Eden gone and doubts over the futures of Eriksen, De Gea, Sane, Pogba, Ozil and Sanchez.

post #60 of 137 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2019, 08:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Higuain too.
The last thing the supporters of EPL should be worried about is the lack of stars. The English clubs buy all the best talents in the other European leagues and the stars (sometimes no more so shining) are soon replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in