post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 11:39 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Notable Championship Transfers

Christian Norgaard Fiorentina > Brentford - £2,800,000

Last edited by Rob; May 28th, 2019 at 16:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2019, 19:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Ah I'm glad you're still doing these. Thought you'd disappeared for good.

Did you manage to catch the CL semi-finals?
ToniSamp likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 14:40
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Who's this kick and rush Welsh speed merchant Man U bought? David James, on YouTube he seems to be an Olympic sprinter who forgets to have end product when he slows down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 15:05 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Ah I'm glad you're still doing these. Thought you'd disappeared for good.

Did you manage to catch the CL semi-finals?
Nah, I just tend to quickly flick Reddit open for convenience really. Plus XT is a bit dead unfortunately, so when I do have a look on here there's never anything to reply to.

CL finals were the best in years.
ToniSamp likes this.

post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 15:06 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
Who's this kick and rush Welsh speed merchant Man U bought? David James, on YouTube he seems to be an Olympic sprinter who forgets to have end product when he slows down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Has a lot of potential and has only really emerged this season. I think United is far too much of a step and he should be looking to sign for someone like Bournemouth, Brighton or Southampton at this stage in his career.

post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 21:50 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sooo, Villa are back in the PL, which is nice as they're obviously a big club. They have a billionaire owner these days, so be interesting to see what they do this summer.

Also Newcastle are on the verge of becoming an Arab petro-dollar club, so Rafa might well be splashing out too.

post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 10:57 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

So lets try and cover the little that's happened in this early stage of the window. A lot of big names leaving at the moment.

- Vincent Kompany has left Man City to become player manager of Anderlecht. 4 premier league titles, 2 FA Cups, 4 league cups, the Belgian player with the most appearances in the premier league and one of the best defenders to grace the PL.

- Petr Cech has retired after 15 seasons in the premier league, 4 league titles, 4 FA Cups, 3 league cups and a champions league and the Czech player with the most PL appearances. Certainly one of the best ever premier league keepers.

- Antonio Valencia has been released by Man Utd after 13 seasons in the premier league, 2 premier league titles, an FA cup, 2 league cups and a Europa League. Obviously the Ecuadorian with the most premier league appearances.

post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:08 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

- Aaron Ramsey has left Arsenal for Juventus, he'll be a big miss for Arsenal and they'll certainly need to get someone pretty expensive to adequately replace him.

- Arsenal have also released Danny Welbeck, who I would imagine will get picked up by a lower end of the table club.

-Crystal Palace have released Julian Speroni after a gajillion years playing for them. They've also let Jason Puncheon go, who was an important player in the early part of this premier league tenure, but wasn't playing much last season.

- Bruno from Brighton has retired, important player in their promotion era and it was good for him to get a couple of premier league seasons in before retiring.

- Big Jon Walters has also retired, I'll miss him running around looking like he should be on a building site somewhere.

- Chelsea have released Gary Cahill who again I imagine will be picked up by a bottom half club.

- Leicester have released Shinji Okazaki and Danny Simpson, who were both regulars during the title season, so it's always sad to see guys from that campaign leave. Both could do a job in the Championship.

- Ander Herrera is leaving Man Utd, probably for PSG after wanting a pretty insane wage which presumably PSG have agreed to pay.

post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:14 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Lloyd Kelly Bristol City > Bournemouth - £13m

Liverpool had been heavily linked with this dude, he's an England U-21 defender who's been a first team player for a while in the Championship at the age of 20. Bournemouth is a good place for developing younger home grown talent, so hopefully he gets the chance to show he's capable of making the step up.

post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:27 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jonas Lossl Huddersfield > Everton - Free

Lossl will be arriving to be backup to Pickford. He was first choice at Huddersfield for two seasons so has plenty of PL experience and should make a pretty solid number two.

post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:35 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Zak Steffen Columbus Crew - Manchester City - £7m

Obviously being signed as a back-up for Ederson, might be #3 initially until Bravo leaves, I'm guessing his wages are a lot cheaper than Bravo.

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:47 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Raul Jimenez Benfica > Wolves - £30m (Permanent From Loan)

Probably the signing of the season last year, so no shock that they've made the deal permanent as they'd be absolute idiots if they didn't. If he can keep up the form he showed last season then £30m is a bargain.

post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 11:57
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Nice thread. And really nice touch with the flag images. You've still got it, Rob. Pricks UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 12:23 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not technically a transfer for this window, but Christian Pulisic has been doing his shirt pics after joining from Dortmund. Lot of pressure on his shoulders if the transfer ban stays in place and Hazard goes to Madrid.

post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 15:46 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Christian Norgaard Fiorentina > Brentford - £2.8m

Not like Brentford to sign a random Danish dude! Doesn't seem like this guy played much in Florence, but he played under the current Brentford coach at Brondby, so he must think he can crack it in England.

post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 12:44 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

As for the future of the players finishing loans.

Arsenal

Denis Suarez didn’t play last season, so I wouldn’t have thought Arsenal especially want to keep him, though I’ve now read a couple of rumours that suggest that they maybe do.

Villa

Tammy Abraham they would certainly like to keep, don’t think Chelsea will let them sign him permanently and with the transfer ban they might not let them have him at all, but I do think there’s a good chance of another season on loan.

Anwar El Ghazi I believe has an affordable clause to make the deal permanent and he’s done a good enough job for them, so I would guess that they’ll trigger it.

Kortney Hause – I would think they might want to keep for CB depth, and I don’t think Wolves will especially want him back, so they could make this permanent.

Tyrone Mings is someone they definitely want to get on a permanent basis, just depends on agreeing a fee with Bournemouth.

Axel Tuanzebe is probably similar to Abraham in that they might end up loaning him again, I’d imagine United want to see how he does in the top flight before committing to a permanent sale.

Bournemouth

Nathaniel Clyne – I would guess they’ll try and make this permanent, but they don’t have a buying option and I would guess there’ll be other interested parties, I do think Liverpool will sell.

Chelsea

Gonzalo Higuain possibly depends on Sarri staying. They’ve given Giroud a contract for next season which suggests they’re not that bothered about keeping him, though.

Mateo Kovacic I think will be made permanent, he played a lot last season and could get even better as a settled player.

Palace

Jordan Ayew I think will be made permanent, he won’t cost too much and is a useful squad option for them who doesn’t moan about being on the bench.

Michy Batschuayi I think they would like to make permanent, but I have my doubts about whether Michy would feel the same as I think he sees himself as a big club player.

Everton

Andre Gomes they will almost certainly want to keep, but other teams in the league want him, so it might not be easy.

Kurt Zouma again they will want to keep, but I could see Chelsea wanting him back, or making him prohibitively expensive.

Leicester

Youri Tielemans I’m 100% sure they want to keep, but he might have done a little too well while on loan and bigger fish might be interested.

Newcastle

Antonio Barreca will be going back to Monaco as he only played for about 2 minutes, no idea why he came in the first place.

Kenedy seemed to lose interest last season, I doubt they’ll make him permanent.

Salomon Rondon will likely be signed permanently unless the new takeover guys want someone more glamorous.

Norwich

Felix Passlack only played a few minutes for them, so he’ll be off back to Dortmund I imagine.

Jordan Rhodes was a useful option for them last season, Sheff Wed are cost cutting so I imagine they’ll be able to cut a decent deal for him.

Sheff Utd

Dean Henderson will almost likely have his loan extended for another season, he aint getting in the United first team and a year of first team premier league football will be a great litmus test for him.

Marvin Johnson barely played, so I don’t think they’ll want to keep him.

Gary Madine they apparently want to keep, I don’t think he’s premier league level, so I’m not sure why.

Wolves

Leander Dendoncker has a buying option that I’m almost sure they’ll take up, he worked his way into being a first team regular, so I can’t imagine them letting him go.

post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 14:13 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

West Ham have released Andy Carroll, Adrian and Samir Nasri. I think Nasri is pretty much done at the top level, Adrian will likely go back to Spain, he was a decent keeper for them but Fabianski is a lot better. Carroll will have to look for a pay as you play deal I would think since he's injured so often.

post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 14:28
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Christian Norgaard Fiorentina > Brentford - £2.8m

Not like Brentford to sign a random Danish dude! Doesn't seem like this guy played much in Florence, but he played under the current Brentford coach at Brondby, so he must think he can crack it in England.
Wtf this dude looks exactly like Coutinho.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2019, 18:39 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Patrick Roberts Manchester City > Norwich City - Loan

Smart move this one, good opportunity for Roberts to prove he can hack it at the top level. Man City are probably never going to use him so if he does well for Norwich they can probably sell him for a decent profit. Didn't seem to do too well for Girona last season but was pretty great for Celtic.

post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2019, 19:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Zak Steffen Columbus Crew - Manchester City - £7m

Obviously being signed as a back-up for Ederson, might be #3 initially until Bravo leaves, I'm guessing his wages are a lot cheaper than Bravo.
Good athletic keeper, read they might loan from out to a Belgian/Dutch type league first or Championship. NYCFC seems to be out of the picture for a loan move

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in