Premier League Summer 2017 transfers thread - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 619 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2017, 20:13
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Tbf this is the first time Arsenal have finished outside of the CL places in about 100 years. If Alexis does go (I'm not sure he will), then they'll replace him with someone expensive.

I'm sure he would be an upgrade on the current LB options at City, but they don't exactly need to worry about signing players on a Bosman.

I doubt the Jak leaves, he's been here a long time now and seems pretty happy and has only just become the number one choice. If he got a move back to the Prem, it'd likely mean him going back to being a bench player.
I think they're still mathematically in with a chance of 4th place though it's fairly unlikely unless City loses to Watford away. According to various reports Kolasinac turned down an offer from City in favour of Arsenal - why he did is anyone's guess but I imagine he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot at MC and Arsenal have offered him a lucrative wage (he'll be the 3rd highest paid player in the squad). Of course, it may still not happen, though I do find that Sky Sports is generally spot on with these things & Gianluca di Marzio reported it a few weeks ago.

Regarding Jakupović, I also think it's most probable that he'll stay at Hull City, he seems to be loved by the fans and he loves the club. It was interesting to watch his rise - from a benchwarmer in the Greek 2nd division & League One to a regular starter in the Premier League.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 619 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2017, 20:51
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBC View Post
Regarding Jakupović, I also think it's most probable that he'll stay at Hull City, he seems to be loved by the fans and he loves the club. It was interesting to watch his rise - from a benchwarmer in the Greek 2nd division & League One to a regular starter in the Premier League.
Just a correction, when he signed for Olympiakos Volou the club had just been promoted to the 1st division and he was a starter in a season which his team reached the semi-finals in the cup and finished 5th in the league. And as far as I remember Jakupovic had a solid season but he didn't manage to impress in Aris where he landed after the match fixing scandal Olympiakos Volou had been accussed of.

Tha Seveste!
post #63 of 619 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2017, 21:56 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
There are a lot of sources claiming that Everton have won the race to sign Sandro Ramirez from Malaga for his low buyout clause of around £5m. Seems to have really kicked on since he left Barca. I'm not sure whether this is to complement Lukaku or replace him.

post #64 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 10:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Apparently United have been offered James Rodriguez in a deal that smells a lot like Di Maria part II. Also sounds like Adidas trying to move one of their marketable assets to the "right" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #65 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 14:41
Rising Star

Apparently Newcastle and Palace are interested in Aaron Mooy.

Formerly Jeffrey, ILA etc.
post #66 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 16:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
James is cute but he's overrated. One good tourney.

Why are Wolves on the list?

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #67 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 16:06
Premier Player

Teams: Bosnia NT, Man City
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendigoJeff View Post
Apparently Newcastle and Palace are interested in Aaron Mooy.
Anything over 15 mil they can have him.
post #68 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 16:08
Premier Player

Add another fullback to the list. so many linked with us.
post #69 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 16:10
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
You'll get him if he's available. He's Pep's son.

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #70 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 16:15
YBC
Legend

Most likely not: https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/05...joshua-kimmich

Bayern are suing the newspaper who invented this story
post #71 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 19:05 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldwho? View Post
James is cute but he's overrated. One good tourney.

Why are Wolves on the list?
We're doing the EFL this year dude. Just because there was a load of interesting deals there last year, I will most likely regret that decision.

I really rate James, I think he'd be awesome in the premiership. I'm not sure how much I buy the story, though.

Also, Newcastle have agreed a fee to sign Atsu permanently, so that one could be an early deal.

post #72 of 619 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2017, 19:06 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oh and Pep said he thinks Donnarumma is a good keeper, which of course means the media have decided City are signing him.

post #73 of 619 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 00:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Donnarumma at this stage of his career would be a disaster. I really admire him for being Milan's number 1 at this early stage of his career but he hasn't convinced me yet. Seems so cumbersome, he's like Fraser Forster. Enormous potential though, but the PL would ruin him at such a young age. He's not as good with the ball as Bravo either so not what Pep would want.

Mooy is on loan from us and won Huddersfield's player of the year. I doubt he'll ever make it at City considering Delph is a similar player and struggles for game time. Should cash in on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #74 of 619 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2017, 19:33 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Mazzarri has been sacked by Watford after a poor run of results. Ranieri is the favourite to take over and probably get sacked after finishing lower mid-table again which is good for a club and squad like Watford, but not as good as the Pozzo's seem to think they deserve.

post #75 of 619 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 21:51 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stevie Mallan (To Barnsley)

Position : Attacking Midfield
Signed From : St Mirren
Price (Approx) : £350,000
16/17 Whoscored Rating : N/A

Scottish people on Reddit seem convinced that this kid is a future premier league player. Certainly Barnsley's scouting in recent seasons has been very good, so this could be another one. He looks to be pretty great at free-kicks.

post #76 of 619 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 21:55 Thread Starter
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Pascal Gross (To Brighton)

Position : Midfield
Signed From : Inglostadt
Price (Approx) : £3,500,000
16/17 Who Scored Rating : 7.01

Don't know much about this guy, but apparently he created the most chances of any player in the Bundesliga last season.

post #77 of 619 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2017, 23:47
We will ROCK u
International

Teams: concacaf teams , Portugal
good for him. from one shit team to another shit team tho

I believe
post #78 of 619 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2017, 03:55
Premier Player

City might be closing in on their first signing of the summer: Fabinho to City
post #79 of 619 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2017, 06:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd be happy with Fabinho. Thing is though he's a centre mid but was converted from full back. Given Pep has taken to putting Fernandinho there and moving his full backs inside I would wonder whether or not he intends to play Fabinho in that role. With Kompany potentially fit I can see Pep playing this system with a midfielder at right back tucking in, and Fabinho would be perfect for that role. I'd rather we signed him than Bakayoko, who I admire, as you can see how he'd fit into the side potentially as he's not a destroyer. I think we'll keep Yaya, I'd beBakyo very happy if we did, but maybe Fabinho is his long term replacement (and Fernandinho is 32 next season too).

The major regret is that we're one of those vultures who are tearing apart a magnificent Monaco side. They're a once in a generation and having witnessed them at the Etihad it'd be great to see them just get one more season together. Word is they will sell 2 players maximum with Bakayoko the first to go, which make sense as as good as he is he's probably the most expendable to their style. I think the other they were most willing to part with was Mendy who I'd once again love to sign.

Meanwhile rumours are going around about United planning to sign Pickford but they disagree with Sunderland over the price (Sunderland want £30m). This lad looks hugely promising but we've seen English goalkeepers at that age just deteriorate once they move to or step up to a big club eg Kirkland, Foster etc. I'd love to see him move somewhere mid table first, eg Everton (Who really need a good keeper, Robles and Stekelenburg are dreadful), or Liverpool and make something of himself. City have been rumoured, and I'd love to see a young English superstar in net but I don't see him as ready yet. Interestingly the backup for Pickford for England U21s is our own Angus Gunn, who if he gets loan experience I see no reason he could not become a top class keeper himself. His distribution is fantastic and he's very agile for his frame. We've been rumoured with Butland, but I think he needs to get over his injuries first. I would say if Pickford does go to United he at least has Romero as a back up, they could easily alternate based on form and Pickford would be removed from the firing line if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
post #80 of 619 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2017, 15:47
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Meanwhile rumours are going around about United planning to sign Pickford but they disagree with Sunderland over the price (Sunderland want £30m). This lad looks hugely promising but we've seen English goalkeepers at that age just deteriorate once they move to or step up to a big club eg Kirkland, Foster etc. I'd love to see him move somewhere mid table first, eg Everton (Who really need a good keeper, Robles and Stekelenburg are dreadful), or Liverpool and make something of himself. City have been rumoured, and I'd love to see a young English superstar in net but I don't see him as ready yet. Interestingly the backup for Pickford for England U21s is our own Angus Gunn, who if he gets loan experience I see no reason he could not become a top class keeper himself. His distribution is fantastic and he's very agile for his frame. We've been rumoured with Butland, but I think he needs to get over his injuries first. I would say if Pickford does go to United he at least has Romero as a back up, they could easily alternate based on form and Pickford would be removed from the firing line if necessary.
If we were to sign a GK this summer, I want Ederson from Benfica. Watched him play vs Pep's Bayern last season. He was amazing. Also don't feel to bad for Monaco, according to rumors they are signing Youri Tielemans... A great signing for them if it happens, and maybe he can replace either FAbinho or Bakayoko in their side.

Btw imagine this squad for us next season:
Gk: Ederson, Bravo, Gunn
RB: Walker, Fabinho, Maffeo
CB: Kompany, Stones, Otamendi, (either we give Denayer or Adarabioyo a chance or we buy a new one)
LB: Sandro, Angelino
DM: Fabinho, Fernandinho, Aleix Garcia
CM: Silva, KDB, Yaya Toure, Delph
LW: Sane
ST: Aguero, Jesus, (One more striker needed, I would give Kelechi another chance, but looks like he is leaving).
RW: Sterling, Roberts

Last edited by Beno; May 20th, 2017 at 15:53.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in