British players abroad - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 166 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2011, 16:35 Thread Starter
Star Player

Marlon Harewood has joined 2nd division Chinese club Shenzhen Phoenix.

Derek Riordan joined Shaanxi Chanba

Stirling Albion's Scott Robertson has has been offered a full-time contract with Fram Reykjavik of Iceland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 166 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2011, 17:42
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Riordan going to China is mindblowingly stupid. He'll be back in 6 months, 1 year max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #23 of 166 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2011, 01:18 Thread Starter
Star Player

it's not like he's at the tail end of his career either in terms of age (he's 28)......Chinese football seems to have a lot of money these days (just look at Dario Conca, 3rd highest paid player in the world behind Messi and C.Ronaldo).

post #24 of 166 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2011, 01:35
Xtratime Legend

Always loved this site when it comes to English players abroad. Some really obscure ones.

http://lesrosbifs.net/

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #25 of 166 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2011, 10:59
JD
Legend

Read that as 'lesbo bifs'.

Disappointed now.
post #26 of 166 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2011, 14:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
There seem to be a lot of English players going to North America. Not entirely MLS, but the college leagues and below. I know a lad who is on a scholarship out there. Similarly my mate's brother does something similar in Australia. Pretty sure if I'd have known about it I could have gone for that kind of chance, these players aren't exactly special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #27 of 166 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2011, 14:54 Thread Starter
Star Player

Dale Jennings has completed his move to Bayern.....I hope it works out for him. Obviously he`ll be playing with the Bayern B team for a fair bit but it`s still a great chance to experience playing with some top players.

Wish more English players had the chance/bottle to try their hand abroad rather than stay in the comfort zone here.
post #28 of 166 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 09:23
Rising Star

Yeh I agree, we would definitely see more cultured and experienced players should more choose to go abroad, which would massively improve the England Team! It would do young players good to get out of the football bubble they are in over here and would open their eyes to the real world!!

If I post links in my sig again, Zico is going to stab me in the eye.
post #29 of 166 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2011, 16:38
Rookie

The only problem with English players playing abroad is that unfortunately they are most likely to get over looked.

Who' the English lad playing in portugal? dont think anyone has mentioned him yet
post #30 of 166 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2011, 17:01 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russsss View Post
The only problem with English players playing abroad is that unfortunately they are most likely to get over looked.

Who' the English lad playing in portugal? dont think anyone has mentioned him yet
Eric Dier? He was on loan at Everton but didn`t get a game by the looks of things. Back at Sporting.
post #31 of 166 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2011, 17:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Yeah I don't know why Serie A teams never sign English players anymore. I'm not talking about only high profile names but even mid level players. That said alot of English players actually don't like moving to another country aswell.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #32 of 166 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 02:34 Thread Starter
Star Player

Apparently Harry Forrester (youngster who was released buy Villa) turned down a move to Ajax in favour of Brentford. :rollani:

that kind of thing infruriates me....would have been a fantastic opportunity at a top club to work with a famous academy and club.....but too may prefer the home comforts of staying in the UK.

---------

English midfielder Harry Forrester has rejected a contract offer from Ajax, Voetbal International reports.

The 20-year-old midfielder has been a free representative since being expelled from his contract at Aston Villa progressing this summer.

The player outlayed several weeks on hearing at Amsterdam ArenA and made a very good sense on Ajax chiefs.

The Dutch giants offered Forrester to sign a contract, but it has now been revealed that he has rejected a chance to join the Amsterdammers.

Ajax officials were formulation to add the English midfielder to their youth squad, but the player wanted to become a part of the comparison squad immediately, which was the main reason behind his decision.

The aggressive midfielder came through the youth ranks at Watford before moving to Aston Villa in 2007, but he eventually left Villa Park without making a singular Premier League appearance.
post #33 of 166 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 03:38
CULT OF PERSONALITY
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED, Shillong Lajong FC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur76 View Post
Apparently Harry Forrester (youngster who was released buy Villa) turned down a move to Ajax in favour of Brentford. :rollani:

that kind of thing infruriates me....would have been a fantastic opportunity at a top club to work with a famous academy and club.....but too may prefer the home comforts of staying in the UK.

---------

English midfielder Harry Forrester has rejected a contract offer from Ajax, Voetbal International reports.

The 20-year-old midfielder has been a free representative since being expelled from his contract at Aston Villa progressing this summer.

The player outlayed several weeks on hearing at Amsterdam ArenA and made a very good sense on Ajax chiefs.

The Dutch giants offered Forrester to sign a contract, but it has now been revealed that he has rejected a chance to join the Amsterdammers.

Ajax officials were formulation to add the English midfielder to their youth squad, but the player wanted to become a part of the comparison squad immediately, which was the main reason behind his decision.

The aggressive midfielder came through the youth ranks at Watford before moving to Aston Villa in 2007, but he eventually left Villa Park without making a singular Premier League appearance.
that guy rejected his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
She told me again she loves me , and I said I love myself too
post #34 of 166 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 18:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
He clearly wants to work with Uwe Rosler.

I'll have a look out for him on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #35 of 166 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 18:14
Rising Star

Teams: Blackburn Rovers, Bosnia, Fk Sarajevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur76 View Post

---------

Damn thats insane
post #36 of 166 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2011, 14:15
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Alan Gow, ex-Falkirk & Rangers fullback, who picked up a Scotland B cap a few years ago, is off to India

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14531983.stm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #37 of 166 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2011, 19:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Joe Cole on the scoresheet for Lille.....currently 1-0 up
post #38 of 166 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2012, 02:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ryan Harper, a Scottish player has been playing in Spain since 2005. Last season with Betis B.

Current club: Guadalajara

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Harper
post #39 of 166 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2012, 06:46 Thread Starter
Star Player

Jlloyd Samuel has joined Iranian club Esteghlal in Tehran......
post #40 of 166 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2012, 05:25 Thread Starter
Star Player

I had no idea Roy Carroll was playing for Olympiakos until I randomly had a look at their Wik page...legendary status?

in the Europa League, coming on as a late substitute after Balázs Megyeri conceded a penalty and was given a red card. Carroll saved the penalty with the first touch of his Olympiacos career and his team went on to win 0-1. He then proceeded to legendary status among the fans, after producing a string of saves in the return leg whilst carrying a visible hamstring injury.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in